The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
PS4 isn't releasing in Japan until next year - they have no games ready for it and it's a more mobile/handheld market so no rush.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sweet, my bud from work just scored a PS4 last night for me. So happy! And the kids will have a breakdown, since me and the wife were basically telling them no fucking way this year for a PS4 since its like sold out everywhere. About to score some good dad points for sure.

Kaita

Golden Squire
I figured that Xbone and Ps4 would both be sold out until christmas. But while i was at gamestop today it was 2pm and they still had xbones in stock. pretty surprised.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just swung by Walmart (24 hour) to grab something for the misses. They still have Xbox Ones on the floor. But it's cool dudes.. we just hating on it.

Question, can't remember who said it.. but has anyone used the Astro A50's with the PS4? Looking to buy a really nice headset and this seems nice since it uses the digital out and can be used as a passthrough. Anyone use it?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Friend has had issues but they have been good about updating and getting them resolved. Pretty sure he has the a50

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Stopped at a Target to look for the 3dsxl bundle deal only thing they stock of was xbones

DMK_sl

shitlord
Although PS4 has sold 800k more units so far. I think the Xbox numbers are pretty impressive. They have a bigger profit margin then Sony who if I remember correctly are losing money on each PS4(?) and were also selling the console for $100 more then the PS4. I think Microsoft is in a really strong position compared to where we all thought they would be.

Also any talk of Kinect not working is purely bullshit. The only times there is an issue is if you try and say things very fast and not clear. Kinect has been awesome and every friend that has come over (not gamers) has been really impressed by it and enjoyed it. I will still be buying a PS4 but Microsoft have turned things around really well.

khalid

Unelected Mod
They have a bigger profit margin then Sony who if I remember correctly are losing money on each PS4(?) and were also selling the console for $100 more then the PS4.
This is false. Sony is making money on each and the PS4 is actually cheaper to make than the Xbox.

regret_sl

shitlord
Meanwhile my buddy had some hilarious Kinect tales featuring fucked up profile recognition, but then the "works for me!" argument has always been a persuasive one.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Although PS4 has sold 800k more units so far. I think the Xbox numbers are pretty impressive. They have a bigger profit margin then Sony who if I remember correctly are losing money on each PS4(?) and were also selling the console for $100 more then the PS4. I think Microsoft is in a really strong position compared to where we all thought they would be.

Also any talk of Kinect not working is purely bullshit. The only times there is an issue is if you try and say things very fast and not clear. Kinect has been awesome and every friend that has come over (not gamers) has been really impressed by it and enjoyed it. I will still be buying a PS4 but Microsoft have turned things around really well.
Teardown suggests Xbox One manufacturing cost of $471 | Joystiq

The Xbox One costs Microsoft $471 to build, according to a hardware teardown and analysis by research firm IHS. IHS also cracked open the PlayStation 4 to find that Sony spends $381 building its latest home console. The bill of materials for the Xbox One amounts to $457, with the assembly and manufacturing of the system estimated at $14.

IHS says that the Xbox One's Kinect camera adds $75 to the total cost of the Xbox One, including assembly, $11 more expensive than the original Kinect's bill of materials and manufacturing costs. Among the other components that factor in to the system's cost for Microsoft is a Blu-Ray drive manufactured by Lite-On that accounts for $32 of the Xbox One's bill of materials, and the system's $25 external power supply unit.
$29 left on the Xbone after construction, $19 left on the PS4 after construction. And then there's Shipping, Distribution, Retail's Cut, etc. Not to mention eating the cost of bad yields (especially for Microsoft's stupid ESRAM design) and other things. Neither of them are making money on the boxes themselves.

"For both Microsoft and Sony, their latest-generation video game console hardware is unprofitable at the time of release, requiring the companies to subsidize it initially," said Steve Mather, senior principal analyst for IHS. "However, these companies easily can largely compensate for their losses though sales of highly lucrative game titles. Meanwhile, as the cost to produce the consoles decreases according to the normal learning-curve dynamics in the electronics industry, the companies can cut their retail pricing-or pad their profits.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Just swung by Walmart (24 hour) to grab something for the misses. They still have Xbox Ones on the floor. But it's cool dudes.. we just hating on it.

Question, can't remember who said it.. but has anyone used the Astro A50's with the PS4? Looking to buy a really nice headset and this seems nice since it uses the digital out and can be used as a passthrough. Anyone use it?
I have the a40s with the mix amp pro. The game/tv/movie audio is great. only problem is that the mic chat jack on the mix amp is a 2.5mm for the xbox 360. I doubt there's an adapter that will work with the ps4's iPhone type 3.5mm jack. The website says to use the usb cable plugged into the ps4 for the chat audio but i like having the mix amp by my couch and don't have a usb cord long enough. Maybe if the a50 has all the volume control on the headset it won't be a problem. My problem with the a50 is the battery pack isn't removable/replaceable, when it craps out you're fucked.