The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
I have the a40s with the mix amp pro. The game/tv/movie audio is great. only problem is that the mic chat jack on the mix amp is a 2.5mm for the xbox 360. I doubt there's an adapter that will work with the ps4's iPhone type 3.5mm jack. The website says to use the usb cable plugged into the ps4 for the chat audio but i like having the mix amp by my couch and don't have a usb cord long enough. Maybe if the a50 has all the volume control on the headset it won't be a problem. My problem with the a50 is the battery pack isn't removable/replaceable, when it craps out you're fucked.
Amazon.com: 2.5mm To 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack Adapter (2 rings): Cell Phones Accessories

You mean like a 2.5mm To 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack Adapter? There's a bunch of different ones of these on Amazon and such.

Edit: Hrm, guess the one I linked says no Mic line. There MUST be one with a mic line somewhere!

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider

Sean_sl

shitlord
I dug through the astro forums and someone said turtle beach's ps4 cable works, it's 3.5 to 360 2.5. I ordered one and will report when it arrives.
Cool, hope it works. And god I think I had it backwards, did you need3.5mm male to 2.5mm female? Yay for reading shit on muscle relaxers.

Szlia

Because I am bored like that, I checked metacritics and counted some reviews: In the all time best, 37 titles are rated above 95, 12 of those are not available on PC only one is a PC exclusive (Out of the Park Baseball 2007!). It's less lopsided in 2013 as, for titles rated above 85, there are 7 PC exclusives (and yes the latest edition of Out of the Park Baseball is one of them!) and 7 games not available on PC (not counting handheld games).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Still can't enter my ps+ key. Anyone else still having issues?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I've tried on my ps4 and ps3. The ps4 just instantly goes back to the main menu when I enter it, while the ps3 says "an error occurred".

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
hmmm.

This might be the issue then

PSN buckling under pressure of EU PS4 launch Eurogamer.net

UPDATE: Sony has removed the option to redeem vouchers while it continues its investigation into the PSN disruption.

"We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service," wrote SCEE Blog Manager Fred Dutton on the EU PlayStation Blog. "To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the 'redeem voucher' functionality whilst we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this stage. Other PSN features such as log-in, online multi-player gaming, PlayStation Plus trial, PS Store (excluding voucher redemption), trophies, messages, friends etc. are all available."
Maybe?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, that must be what's going on. No big deal. I'll just wait.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also any talk of Kinect not working is purely bullshit. The only times there is an issue is if you try and say things very fast and not clear. Kinect has been awesome and every friend that has come over (not gamers) has been really impressed by it and enjoyed it. I will still be buying a PS4 but Microsoft have turned things around really well.
I had pretty bad resultswith voice commands with the kinect, but I tried it when my friend just got his system and we didn't know it yet.

However I haven't seen a single video of a real user doing anything impressive with the kinect that would make me want to use voice recognition over using the controller.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'd say its a combination of pc users having to deal with Microsoft both for the pc side and the console side and just flat getting fed up with their bullshit.

Sony's online side needs a big upgrade though, that's inarguable. I'm not sure how much of an outrage them shutting down code redemption is for a few days, but the fact that their system struggles to meet the demands of these launches back to back is proof that they've got a long ways to go to provide the proper online infrastructure if they're going to charge 50 bucks a year for multiplayer online. Definitely won't argue that.

Their online infrastructure has always been inferior to Microsoft's.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty fucking bad by Sony not to be prepared for this. Good thing this didn't happen to Xbone live or Sean would have posted 500 links by now.

How the fuck did a PC community turn into such a fucking Sony circle jerk?
Once again, like launch, Sony probably expected this to happen but they are not going to buy extra servers for one weekend of enhanced traffic. It sucks but the code redemption will be back up in a day or two so who cares?

Also, when a company gets so much right while their main competitor gets so much wrong, they earn passes on stuff like this.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still can't enter my ps+ key. Anyone else still having issues?
I was able to redeem my codes from my PS3 in the account management section. I couldn't get it work through the store on either console, so you might try there.