The Book of Boba Fett

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh, I never really cared for Omega, think she was one of the reason I lost interest in bad batch

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the rumor sites i watch have multiple takes on whats going on. one guy says tomorrow's ep could be broken into 2 parts. that the power rangers bike gang wil play a big role and be super gay. han, cad bane, chewie and somebody else pops in. all over the place. we will see.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One weird thing about Cad Bane is why he left Cobb Vanth alive. Respect? Didn't want to make a martyr? Not sure who Cobbs friends are and may come for vengeance? The Pyke syndicate was shown as extremely brutal and unforgiving when it comes to spice theft in Rebels and Bad Batch, so its a bit weird they aren't on the war path since Cobb threw away a container of spice.

Cartel 101.

He'd rather just turn him and submit him, than start the process over again with a new asshole that he doesn't know that comes to replace him. He kills Vanth and a new sheriff replaces him.

He doesn't want Cobb Vanth to die-- he wants him to lay down like a bitch and consent to his operation. He wants to operate in concert if Vanth will have it.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
My take, he never came there to kill Vanth, he came to intimidate the fuck out of the entire town on behalf of the Syndicate. They knew what they were up against, Vanth took out three Pykes without breaking a sweat and they took that seriously. That's why they sent a monster who could wing him on purpose and unload the clip on his bitch ass deputy without breaking a sweat. Its actually one of my favorite parts of this episode, that they set up how good Vanth was with a gun so you would know exactly how outmatched he was by Bane when he showed up.
Also, its just great storytelling.
Gotta admit, this series has been very up and down even for a shill like me. But the last two episodes have been so fucking good they have got me fucking hyped for this finale and next season of Mando. I'm primed for nerdgasm or epic disappointment. Bring it.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

there's also the fact that cobb was firm, but clearly respectful towards bane. cobb doesn't know who he is but understands that he's just some rando wanderer even before he's within talking distance. when the other dude comes out and is talking back to bane, cobb clearly shows frustration and bane picked up on it. mix that with the fact that cad bane most likely did his research and knows how much the people of freetown respect cobb, and it makes sense that he only wings cobb (shoots him in his gun arm, so he's no longer a threat) but goes overkill on the other dude. the other dude offended and insulted cad bane.

i think it's fair that we're going to get the fett v bane duel that we were meant to get years ago, i just don't know if we should get it right away.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, i really hope we get something along those lines, I'd love a flashback to the dent in Boba's helmet but maybe they just blow their load on a revision in the current moment. Hell, at this point he probably has as much beef if not more with Fennec as he does with Boba. I really do not want Cad Bane done in this episode, he's incredible and could be such a presence moving forward even with all his history in Clone Wars and Bad Batch. The standoff was really masterfully done, I love your extra info I hadn't considered that part. It's incredible what Filoni brings to the table, Favreau is doing a great job bringing the goods but both Filoni directed episodes have been the best there have been. Bro is just completely dialed in on every level.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I do wonder if they'll even mention that - I doubt they'll mention Omega specifically and just stick to generic clone talk.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah they aren't ready to bring Omega into live action yet, totally agree. They could certainly imply history if they wanted to though, and its another thing those of us who consume it all would get a wink at.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i wouldnt expect a Fett v Bane showdown or not one that results in Bane dying. Disney Boba would have a hard time taking on Vanth, in fact i think Vanth would have his ass. what i expect is the showdown between Mando and Bane, Bane escaping to fight another day. wasnt the BF and CB connection deleted from the series? not sure then if that would be a thing.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
With 4 minutes to go I'll throw this out there and I am certain its been said before. I expect the end result of all this is Boba to end up with the Darksaber and that is the endgame of this whole series. I don't know that that will all happen in one episode, but I expect momentum in that direction.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i wouldnt expect a Fett v Bane showdown or not one that results in Bane dying. Disney Boba would have a hard time taking on Vanth, in fact i think Vanth would have his ass. what i expect is the showdown between Mando and Bane, Bane escaping to fight another day. wasnt the BF and CB connection deleted from the series? not sure then if that would be a thing.
They never did the final animation for the Fett Bane showdown yes, but there is an initial animatic for it.

• 1Like

Homsar

Vanth knew he was over his head, I highly doubt they kill Cad any time soon. When Cad dies I figure it's because he's ready to turn in his boots, he's the best of bounty hunter
easily on record.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Some good some bad. Very book of Boba Fett finale when it comes down to it I'll leave it at that for now.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Satisfactory. They wrapped everything up nicely.

Also there is a small mid credit scene.
Vanth is shown in the Bacta tank.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

I've only watched ep 5-6. Any point for watching this ?

I feel like I've saved myself out of 5 hours of horrible tv and multiple hours of nerd hope

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've only seen 5 and 6 but I'm doing 7 anyway just because it might have implications for future story.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Satisfactory. They wrapped everything up nicely.

Also there is a small mid credit scene.
Vanth is shown in the Bacta tank.
thanks i noped out soon as it ended so i would have missed that.

glad the rumors i heard were mostly bullshit. looks like they didnt want Luke showing up again, which is understandable since he is a force unto himself.
i still hate those skittle colored vespa faggots. it was good, i'm sure we will have more to discuss. overall the series was a mixed bag, the first 4 episodes were lackluster. 5 and 6 were good mando episodes and this week Boba finds his mojo somehow.

Malkav

French Madman
Man I just caught up the discussion from the last few days after watching the finale, and it's hilarious how far you guys were off the mark with your theories lol.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I've only watched ep 5-6. Any point for watching this ?

I feel like I've saved myself out of 5 hours of horrible tv and multiple hours of nerd hope
No point. Finale is the hottest of garbage.