The Book of Boba Fett

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
imo, disney is doing this to avoid backlash "THAT'S NOT THE ORIGINAL ACTOR"!!!

i mean they went so far as to go get the original c3po and tall guy to play the wooki, and the tall guy couldn't even put on the suit no more cuz he's too tall and old, just so there wouldn't be backlash, imo.

Morrison isn't the original actor. He's never played Boba Fett before. He was Jango Fett in the prequels. "oh but he's a clone" yeah but he's also supposed to be 30, 35 years old. The "backlash" over hiring an age appropriate look a like who could still do action sequences would of been far less than the actual backlash for how shitty every episode of this show has been that features the title character.

btw this is the original Actor for Boba Fett. He died in 2020.
220px-4.17.16JeremyBullochByLuigiNovi1b.jpg

They didnt do it to avoid backlash, they did it for memberberry points, nostalgia alone. Remember they control all canon of boba fett post saarlacc. They had him crawl out and jawas immediately take his armor, allowing us to see the actor. They had him roaming the desert in robes being a tusken for 4 years. They could of handled that anyway they wanted where you never see boba's face and the casting wouldn't have mattered. They chose to use morrison, they weren't forced to to "avoid backlash".

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220204-191133~2.png
    Screenshot_20220204-191133~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20220204-165910~2.png
    Screenshot_20220204-165910~2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
That would be interesting if it turns out that the "Mandalorian" referred to in the show's title actually ends up being Grogu.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, they kind of hint at it. Din isn't going to be a Mandalorian and Jedi, but Grogu would have the potential. It would also help explain away why Grogu is MIA in the new Trilogy - he is busy on Mandalore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean, they kind of hint at it. Din isn't going to be a Mandalorian and Jedi, but Grogu would have the potential. It would also help explain away why Grogu is MIA in the new Trilogy - he is busy on Mandalore.
They can bypass the whole sequel trilogy by just jumping a 100 years and show Grogu with his own Neo-Jedi order. Luke fails because he continues to follow the same shit the old Jedi did.

Fadaar

That guy
Gonna be sad if they kill him off tomorrow. Best thing would be to not even have him show up in the episode, just the 30 seconds in episode 6 to give everyone blue balls.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know how long-lived his race is but if he was human he'd be in his 70s-80s by now. At least 10 years older than obiwan in ANH at the end of this episode. Be glad we saw him at all.

Also he probably killed Boba's Tusken fam so he's fucked.

Jive Turkey

Karen
If they would of have used Boba instead of Mando, this whole conversation would be different. It has nothing to do with the character. It has to do with the shitty writing on the tv show. Hopefully the last half of the show keeps up.
It honestly feels like they handed the first 4 episodes to someone else as far as writing goes. Someone with no clue how to world build or what makes the characters interesting. Then Feloni took the reins again for the past two episodes. The disparity in quality is jarring. Even in the way the episodes are shot. Boba episodes rush through scenes. Mando episodes take their time and establish setting and character.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know how long-lived his race is but if he was human he'd be in his 70s-80s by now. At least 10 years older than obiwan in ANH at the end of this episode. Be glad we saw him at all.

Also he probably killed Boba's Tusken fam so he's fucked.
I am not saying it could not be the case, but didn't the biker gang kill the tuskens? They showed the biker symbol at the camp and a pretty badass scene where Boba Fett gets revenge. That seems like a lot of deception just to have more scenes showing Cad Bane as the actual killer.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Killing off Cad Bane next episode I dont think will happen. They'll probably keep him in reserve as a possible villain in Mando S3 or Ashoka.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Cad is around 72 or so and is considered old in his race. Their lifespan is usually about 70 years according to lore that may or may not be canon still.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am not saying it could not be the case, but didn't the biker gang kill the tuskens? They showed the biker symbol at the camp and a pretty badass scene where Boba Fett gets revenge. That seems like a lot of deception just to have more scenes showing Cad Bane as the actual killer.
Yeah the swoop gang killed them Tuskans.

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The bikers were definitely part of it for sure. We'll see, I suppose.

Either way, I doubt they'd kill Cad Bane off this soon. He's basically the closest thing to a main villain in the show right now. Giancarlo Esposito (Moff Gideon) said we'll be seeing him again in Mando/Boba at some point, but he'd be in Republic custody so unless they reveal the leadership of the Crimson Dawn in the finale, Cad Bane is the biggest bad we've got.

If it is Crimson Dawn the theory is that either Qi'ra (Emilia Clarke's character in Solo), who would become Darth Maul's lieutenant, is still running the show decades later or she's handed it off to Cadeliah from the comics, who could turn out to be Boba Fett's sister Omega from the Bad Batch.

Having the big bad be his own sister, the literal Omega to his Alpha (Boba was clone Alpha), would be right up Filoni's allley.

star-wars-crimson-reign-2-ending-spoilers-qira-cadeliah-omega.jpg

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
A subtle thing they did with the writing of Cad Bane that made him seem like even more of a badass: He didn't answer any of Vanth's questions. When it was his turn to talk he just said what he wanted to say with zero regard for what Vanth had.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
A subtle thing they did with the writing of Cad Bane that made him seem like even more of a badass: He didn't answer any of Vanth's questions. When it was his turn to talk he just said what he wanted to say with zero regard for what Vanth had.

It's crazy that something so basic is so noticeable, thanks to how fucking shitty most writing is nowadays, including 90% of this show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
It honestly feels like they handed the first 4 episodes to someone else as far as writing goes. Someone with no clue how to world build or what makes the characters interesting. Then Feloni took the reins again for the past two episodes. The disparity in quality is jarring. Even in the way the episodes are shot. Boba episodes rush through scenes. Mando episodes take their time and establish setting and character.

Jon Favreau is credited as the writer for every single episode of BOBF, with Dave Filoni as an additional writer for episode 6 (what aired last week). I'm sure we'll get some post mortems afterwards and it'll be interesting to hear why the first 4 episodes are so damn different than 5 & 6. I'm betting it'll just be something as simple as "we want to bring all these properties together for future crossovers".

Omega running the Syndicate would be really cool, I do hope the season finale tomorrow is on the same level as the last 2 episodes.

One weird thing about Cad Bane is why he left Cobb Vanth alive. Respect? Didn't want to make a martyr? Not sure who Cobbs friends are and may come for vengeance? The Pyke syndicate was shown as extremely brutal and unforgiving when it comes to spice theft in Rebels and Bad Batch, so its a bit weird they aren't on the war path since Cobb threw away a container of spice.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Omega would be a little too obscure/sudden. We barely know anything about her from Bad Batch, would kinda ruin any future seasons for that show with regards to Omega. I think one of the bodies from Solo (ie Qira) would be more likely, or another EU name brought back in. I'd lean more toward no special surprises for Pyke leadership, just generic_gangster_asshole01 or a Hutt. Fuck it we'll find out in 10 hours.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The unwritten rule for animation series is never spoil the future of characters and Bad Batch is still ongoing. Omega would need setup from that show long before she appears in a later continuity, plus the sequels emphasized why they shouldn't risk any character that is still "interesting" from being sucked into the black hole of shit endings.

• 1Like