The Crow

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
It's got the main villain from The Warriors. It's got Winston from Ghostbusters. It's got that Asian girl with the comically large nipples. It's got a lot of violence and a great soundtrack. It's overrated, because of Brandon Lee's death, but it's still a good movie.

Hey don’t forget the heroin addict mom who was the cut up whore from Unforgiven.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The Crow was a product of its time. Too many things cannot be recaptured, yet people still try and keep failing. It’s tells a lot about the state of hollywood when they keep trying to make the crow after 1 successful movie and 4 flops.

Brandon Lee was awesome in the role, and his death just made his performance that much more iconic. Noone will ever lived up to him.

Yet for some reason, I bet someone else will try again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
All this reminded me of another movie from 1994 that had Winston (Ernie Hudson) in it - No Escape, with Ray Liotta. Still have the DVD.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The 1996 sequel already shit all over the first one, I'm actually surprised they waited so long to do it again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Didnt he shoot himself with a blank round to the head?
For a close up scene featuring the revolver that killed him, they had it loaded with real ammunition that had the powder removed from them, theoretically rendering them inert.

At some point between that scene and the one that killed him, someone pulled the trigger and the powder less bullet was "fired" ending up lodged in the barrel due to the force of the primer(tiny explosive that actually causes the gun powder in shells to ignite). Scene comes where he dies and the trigger is pulled again this time causing the bullet lodged in the barrel to be fired out hit striking him.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For him just starting out he was doing some decent stuff. You had the Crow, but I liked him more in Rapid Fire and Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Ayo hold up.

What is this Showdown In Little Tokyo and how have I never seen it?

Fuck the Crow remake, first chance I get I'm tracking down THIS movie

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
All this reminded me of another movie from 1994 that had Winston (Ernie Hudson) in it - No Escape, with Ray Liotta. Still have the DVD.
That's a goddamn great film. Probably watch it once a year. Don't forget it had Lance Hendrickson, too. Pool fight scene! Speaking of which probably need to put it on my schedule.

The climax is just so epic. Awesome film.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

fris

Vyemm Raider
careful what you wish for. the org crow is great, but a lot of his other movies are bad campy 90s, unremarkable

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
That's a goddamn great film. Probably watch it once a year. Don't forget it had Lance Hendrickson, too. Pool fight scene! Speaking of which probably need to put it on my schedule.

The climax is just so epic. Awesome film.

Also has Kevin J. O’Connor from The Mummy (Benny).

Another “classic”, but from 1993 - Only the Strong, with Mark Dacascos - one can only wonder if Brandon Lee was still around would he have been in John Wick 3 instead of Dacascos….

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Another “classic”, but from 1993 - Only the Strong, with Mark Dacascos - one can only wonder if Brandon Lee was still around would he have been in John Wick 3 instead of Dacascos….
Hell yeah, he was the junk guy that could get you anything you needed and then his midget friend got killed when The outsiders raided there village.

I only saw the first John wick movie and it's okay, but I haven't watched any of the others and probably never will.

• 1WTF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hell yeah, he was the junk guy that could get you anything you needed and then his midget friend got killed when The outsiders raided there village.

I only saw the first John wick movie and it's okay, but I haven't watched any of the others and probably never will.
Two is slow at the start. I had to take a break from it. But once it got rolling and morpheus shows up. It becomes fun cheese. 3 is actually better. I thought the adjudicator idea was fucking stupid. But otherwise it was a lot of fun. It reminded me of the Crank movies. Halle Berry was a pretty cool cameo. I haven't seen 4 yet.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Only the Strong is a really good movie that somehow holds up (i.e. you can watch it today without getting embarrassed). Was one of my top 5 movies as a kid and I rewatched it a year or two ago.

Mark Dacascos is super underrated so it was good to see him finally land a major role as Wick 3's villain. And yeah he's very Brandon Lee esque. Another similar actor I liked was Jason Scott Lee (no relation...I think?) who played Bruce Lee in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" and then did nothing else ever that I know of.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

John Wick is the great action series of our time. JW4 is pretty much the best action sequel since Aliens. From JW2 onward it basically becomes Highlander, where he's more or less unkillable and fights other unkillable guys from their secret order of unkillable assassins.

Between this and sitting around reading reviews / dumping on the surprisingly-good Romulus instead of just going and seeing it, I gotta wonder about you my dude.

• 1Worf

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
John Wick is the great action series of our time. JW4 is pretty much the best action sequel since Aliens. From JW2 onward it basically becomes Highlander, where he's more or less unkillable and fights other unkillable guys from their secret order of unkillable assassins.

Between this and sitting around reading reviews / dumping on the surprisingly-good Romulus instead of just going and seeing it, I gotta wonder about you my dude.

John wick is the fast and furious of action movies. Clichéd, stupid, repetitive, boring, senseless.

It's purpose built for the attention span of overmedicated adhd adderall addicted zoomers.

Go watch a 60s or 70s clint eastwood film and compare.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Only the Strong is a really good movie that somehow holds up (i.e. you can watch it today without getting embarrassed). Was one of my top 5 movies as a kid and I rewatched it a year or two ago.

Mark Dacascos is super underrated so it was good to see him finally land a major role as Wick 3's villain. And yeah he's very Brandon Lee esque. Another similar actor I liked was Jason Scott Lee (no relation...I think?) who played Bruce Lee in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" and then did nothing else ever that I know of.
Jason also did Soldier opposite Kurt Russel as the main baddy, that’s the only other thing I remember him from.

• 1Like

Ome

Trakanon Raider
My wife hated JW4 so much that when Keanu rolls down that massive flight of stairs for the second time she yelled out in the theatre, "Don't worry guys he's ok!"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users