The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
2. There's two ways to look at the RB situation. The first is that they screwed up by not taking a guy in the draft to fill in his spot. This is the popular, and click generating, opinion. Negative news about the Cowboys is big business. The other is that the Cowboys felt they could move forward with what they had and get the same overall production they had last year using a rotation. I like this last approach but it could just as easily be wishful thinking. And we won't know until September.
Yeah, if they took an RB in the 3rd or 4th round there is zero guarantee that he would beat out McFadden or Randle, so it might just end up a wasted pick.

If they need to find a guy before the season starts they can. Situations like Forsett with the Ravens happens every year - grab some guy off the scrap heap and he rushes for 1400 yards.

moontayle

Golden Squire
You got a couple out-of-work veterans looking for Dallas to call so I agree with you. Still, I'm well aware that prior to last season everyone was expecting Dallas to be last in their division and while that perception has changed it certainly highlights that we really don't know anything until the games are played.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Bovada odds:

Will Brady be suspended: -1000
Over under on number of games suspended: 3.5
Jesus Christ. Do we really have to sit through the whole movie, or can we just jump to the end, where the Patriots, fueled yet again by "Nobody believes in us!", demolish the Colts again in the AFC title game and go on to win the Super Bowl, being the first team to win back-to-back Super Bowls... since the Patriots in '05?

Ugh, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Oh and that last guy is obviously a nobody, so my statement that nobody is still calling the Saints cheaters stands.
Saints are cheaters. Fuck them. I hope Katrina II wipes that whole city off the face of the Earth.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Jesus Christ. Do we really have to sit through the whole movie, or can we just jump to the end, where the Patriots, fueled yet again by "Nobody believes in us!", demolish the Colts again in the AFC title game and go on to win the Super Bowl, being the first team to win back-to-back Super Bowls... since the Patriots in '05?

Ugh, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
You're missing the best part, where Brady misses four games. Jimmy G plays well, the Pats end up 10-6 and lose in the second round, and then one of the greatest QBs of all time and a legend of the franchise gets cut by Belichek and ends up playing for the assistant manager at the local Applebees in San Francisco.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The real issue here is integrity. If they do absolutely nothing, then they send a clear message of "cheat to get a title if you can, because there are no real consequences to getting caught." which in my view already happened the year they caught Seattle's entire backfield doping and let them stagger the suspensions and win. Honestly, the Bounty stuff the Saints got nailed for was bad enough to merit worse punishments, since it involved intentionally injuring other players. The rules are there, they should be followed. Teams at the top should expect the highest scrutiny, because more is expected of them. Teams like the Pats, who have been caught before, should expect even more.

The two guys doing the deflating should be banned from the NFL and Brady should be suspended four games at the start of the season (and the entire pre-season) if he is determined to be complicit in covering it up. If he was not actively covering it up, two games and a fine. We all know that is not what is going to happen, though.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
People are tweeting that Dante Fowler may have blown out his knee on the first rep of minicamp today.

Also, the guy who negged me about Belichek booting Brady and it not being believable, you must not be watching the same Pats. BB has shown he gives zero fucks and will cut a guy as soon as he has a replacement. There are like 15 examples of major players in their run who were inauspiciously kicked to the curb.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Poor Jags. They're in our divison and I always want to beat them, but that doesn't mean I want them to completely fail! MJD used to be our most feared opponent, but they're just... stagnant.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Saints are cheaters. Fuck them. I hope Katrina II wipes that whole city off the face of the Earth.
^^^
Another nobody. My statement remains accurate. Nobody is still calling the Saints cheaters.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You know I don't like hurting you, right? Don't cross me and I won't have to smack you down.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
xeGH8X3.png

This how we roll Wakandan.

Fuck the Jets.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not really fair, most Oakland fans can't afford the internet.

Also, is "Wakandan" included?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
For the idiots saying "lol why would brady give up all his privacy and rights and nudes of his wife"

"Similarly, although Tom Brady appeared for a requested interview and answered questions voluntarily, he declined to make available any documents or electronic information (including text messages and emails) that we requested, even though those requests were limited to the subject matter of our investigation (such as messages concerning the preparation of game balls, air pressure of balls, inflation of balls or deflation of balls) and we offered to allow Brady?scounsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive materials and would not involve our taking possession of Brady?s telephone or other electronic devices."

Straight from the report. They allowed everything to be pre-screened by Brady and his counsel and investigators would never have possession of the phone at any time. If there's a good reason for this, other than he's guilty as hell, I'd love to hear it

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Nice work, AFC North. 3/4 in the top five and Baltimore not far behind in 7th.