The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What if Bill wanted to coach your team and bring Brady along as his QB. Would you be on board??
No. Brady's career is all but over and BB is dogshit without Brady.

I'd rather develop Tannehill and get a better coach.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ed Reed got asked who his favorite QB to play against was: "Every quarterback in Cleveland I loved. Cincinnati, too.", lol.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I don't know what is more lol-worthy: sweet, sweet Cheatriots tears or the Cowboy circle jerk over signing Rae Carruth 2.0.

Column_sl

shitlord
That butt hurt is off the charts. I mean yeah he's a good player, and all but it's not like we just signed jesus christ to get us to a superbowl.

He could be average for all anyone knows.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
All the Brady hate is just a way to deflect feelings of wanting to suck his cock, he's been to 6 Superbowls and no one knows who the fuck you are...party on faggots!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That sounds like you're projecting, Drakurii. We're all friends here, except Azeth. No need to hide behind falsehoods like that.

Dallas' line is looking better, maybe we can make another run. Maybe not a successful one, but at least hit the playoffs+ again.

Column_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_97697.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like when Dallas makes a splash. Expectations go up and the fall is always more funny.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I predict they will have an awful running game. It's the most delicious thing that could happen after they shit all over Murray. It will be fun to see who gets the blame.

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cowboys need to find a way to get AP to complete the perfect offseason.

Hardy, Gregory, Collins, Peterson.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Three things that are going to suck:

1. Goodell declined overseeing the Hardy appeal and assigned it to the same arbiter that upheld Peterson's punishment. That was later taken to court and the judge told them to redo everything, but Peterson was subsequently reinstated before it could go any further. The NFL was smart in their suspension wording, it's "conduct detrimental to the league" which Goodell has used long before the DV stuff to knock guys out for a year. So honestly, I don't expect him back until the 11th game of the year. By then it could conceivably be for the playoff stretch run but I try not to get my hopes up.

2. There's two ways to look at the RB situation. The first is that they screwed up by not taking a guy in the draft to fill in his spot. This is the popular, and click generating, opinion. Negative news about the Cowboys is big business. The other is that the Cowboys felt they could move forward with what they had and get the same overall production they had last year using a rotation. I like this last approach but it could just as easily be wishful thinking. And we won't know until September.

3. Romo is still one bad hit from being wheeled out on a gurney. The line, while dominant in the run game, didn't fare all that well when it came to passing grades. If they don't get some modest improvements in that area then Cowboys fan's worst nightmares are going to come true. And we'll need Wheedon to lead us to the promised land.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's a running back. You'll be fine. Would it be hugely shocking for McFadden to have a better year than Petersen this year behind a great offensive line? I don't think so. The shocking part would be him staying healthy. The guy has been very good at times on a shit Oakland team. And if not you can find a guy off the street who can give you average production behind your line.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sean Peyton had no clue about bounty gate going on and was suspended for a year.

"Ignorance is not an excuse" - Roger Goodell
Goodell already pointed out some ppl are above the law though when he botched the ray rice incident, "I didn't know we got that video. No one told me I could see it."

Yeah, this has been covered. The NFL refused to let him pull out of the draft and because he made it through the entire 7 rounds without being drafted, he is no longer eligible for the draft. That nugget came out on Monday (or maybe Sunday). If someone had drafted him, he could have refused to sign and would have been eligible to reenter. Something like that.
Not sure which nugget you're referring to, him wanting out of the draft, the nfl not letting him, him not being eligible for next year's draft if he's not drafted, or him saying he won't sign with a team if he's drafted, but pretty sure all those nuggets were known saturday because I knew all of that and the only time I followed the draft was when friends were following it on saturday.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Gavinmad apparently didn't know and I'm not so invested into the explanation as to find out exactly when all those things came out.