The Division 2

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does Eclipse Protocol + incendiary launcher still absolutely rape anything outside of raid content or did they nerf that too?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
lol they don't really have much choice but to nerf stuff to keep build diversity, as players find anything that's op(which is practically anything new) and suddenly it's 90% of the playerbase running it. That's what happened with the m1a builds, even pvp was running that build cause it was so brokenly good. The first two years of the game was really rough with the loot, cause they wanted to use too much rng in everything, eventually overhauling the talent system, stats system, mod system, and didn't have recalibration and optimization to begin with. Overall they handled the loot system really bad considering they had all that experience in TD1 to use, but came out as if they learnt nothing at all from it. I don't really have much hope for the star wars game from the massive team, a planetside clone would be pretty dope though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol they don't really have much choice but to nerf stuff to keep build diversity, as players find anything that's op(which is practically anything new) and suddenly it's 90% of the playerbase running it. That's what happened with the m1a builds, even pvp was running that build cause it was so brokenly good. The first two years of the game was really rough with the loot, cause they wanted to use too much rng in everything, eventually overhauling the talent system, stats system, mod system, and didn't have recalibration and optimization to begin with. Overall they handled the loot system really bad considering they had all that experience in TD1 to use, but came out as if they learnt nothing at all from it. I don't really have much hope for the star wars game from the massive team, a planetside clone would be pretty dope though.
I just compare it to like League of Legends or basically any GAAS. Whatever is new is hot for a minute to drive interaction with the game and then they bring it back into line with the rest of the game. But again, this games mostly just fun when you're with a group of friends.

Star Wars games are so damn hit or miss with me. I think the vast majority of them are just completely garbage. So when someone touts the IP - its hard for me to think of the "good" and not be reminded of the bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I just compare it to like League of Legends or basically any GAAS. Whatever is new is hot for a minute to drive interaction with the game and then they bring it back into line with the rest of the game. But again, this games mostly just fun when you're with a group of friends.

Star Wars games are so damn hit or miss with me. I think the vast majority of them are just completely garbage. So when someone touts the IP - its hard for me to think of the "good" and not be reminded of the bad.
Pretty much. Everything is settled now, and they bring out some new loot every big patch so would expect that to be op for a little bit, something fun to play with for a couple months.

Star wars had been stuck at EA for like what 30 years, so yeah, not sure shipping star wars off to ubisoft was a better decision though, lmao.

Daidraco

I'm thinking... its Easy Anticheat? Maybe? But this game struggles to start up if I have certain shit running. Definitely hates Overwolf / curse for whatever reason. But thats the only one Ive been able to narrow down that it definitely doesnt like.

Daidraco

Newest Nvidia driver causes my PC to blue screen when I load this up now. I'm not so into this game that Im going to go through rolling it back to the previous version... but it was fun for a bit.

• 1Worf

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
This game has become a favorite of mine over the years -- the complaints about the complexity of the gear system are on target, but once you learn it, its fun to min-max.

Solid combat, great graphics, fun meta, lots of people playing still, great coop experience, and they continue to add content.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The loot being skittles and the completely disgusting amount of fucking idiotic inventory management you had to do at the high end just to keep off well rolled pieces incase the meta changes was what really burned me out.

Oh, and defensive stats being completely useless since mobs start 1 shotting you to your built in 1hp immunity in the heroic level content regardless of how much of a tank you are.

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
The loot being skittles and the completely disgusting amount of fucking idiotic inventory management you had to do at the high end just to keep off well rolled pieces incase the meta changes was what really burned me out.

Oh, and defensive stats being completely useless since mobs start 1 shotting you to your built in 1hp immunity in the heroic level content regardless of how much of a tank you are.

Sure but you're playing it as a grind game to truly min-max (which it is, I get it, I have done it)

Mostly I play with my buddy every 6 months for a monthly spurt, in which case, its basically the best coop experience you can have.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sure but you're playing it as a grind game to truly min-max (which it is, I get it, I have done it)

Mostly I play with my buddy every 6 months for a monthly spurt, in which case, its basically the best coop experience you can have.
Problem is when youre that type of gamer, after just a few hours coming back you find yourself trying to min max shit yet again. I mean after all whats the point of the fucking game other than collecting better and better loot?

I mean Iget it, you get on with your buddy to shoot some shit and thats cool too. But that does not last for too long either, at least for me, without to resorting to the former. This game its all the same shit youre fighting over and over. I always said that it was a problem with this game and the "Tom Clancy" name. Because they cant just add some aliens, or some badass mutated boss monsters or whatever the fuck to mix shit up. It always has to adhere to the "Tom Clancy" universe it borrows from and is named after.

This is why im hoping the SW universe game they are making, hopefully in this type of 3rd person shooter, is good like this one was. Tons more shit to draw from lore wise.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is this game still any fun given it's super cheap on Steam? I have a hankering for a shooter and never played 1 or 2.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this game still any fun given it's super cheap on Steam? I have a hankering for a shooter and never played 1 or 2.
I haven't played it since the month of its release, but when it came out I played it religiously for about a month and a half until I got bored.

Obviously, I don't know anything about any DLC or patch content, but I'd absolutely recommend checking it out. Especially with it being so heavily discounted.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I haven't played it since the month of its release, but when it came out I played it religiously for about a month and a half until I got bored.

Obviously, I don't know anything about any DLC or patch content, but I'd absolutely recommend checking it out. Especially with it being so heavily discounted.
I mean it can't be worse than Diablo 4 right? RIGHT?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Most of the mechanics never made sense to me. Dumping 9+ LMG mags into a "boss" human character is pretty dumb.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Most of the mechanics never made sense to me. Dumping 9+ LMG mags into a "boss" human character is pretty dumb.
I want to say they went back and reworked a bunch of that. IMO if you haven't played Division 1 or 2 its worth a play through.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't like bullet sponges either but tbh I can handle it for 'bosses' I guess. It's the crunchy mowing down of peons that needs to be fun.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I haven’t played this in forever. The game was a little goofy but it was fun. It had some great stuff going for it. That said it always seemed like it was just close to being polished but still far away. The raids were kinda fun, the open world grouping up was fun, the itemization needed work and was confusing.

I think it could have been really great but it just wasn’t there. It had a unique feel to it for certain.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I remember that I played this in beta (stress test weekend or something?) because I remember the first mission. I also remembered that I don't like the console friendly controls and the lack of PC friendly FPS concepts like jumping, or crouching. Overall it's fine so far. You can shoot things. I forgot (or maybe never unlocked?) the fact that you couldn't actually get a proper sight picture just by attaching a red dot or anything it seems? That kind of sucks. This definitely belongs in the bargain bin so far, which is fine for what I got it for on sale.

I have no idea what most of the stats do or what a lot of the icons mean lol.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Div2 is worth a play through, they unfucked most of the problems the game had at launch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users