The Division 2

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game is fine, playing through it solo. But its mountains more fun with guild mates or friends. So much right about this game, but yet, so much is wrong.

We can only hope Division 3 isnt some rehash of the same garbage.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Game is fine, playing through it solo. But its mountains more fun with guild mates or friends. So much right about this game, but yet, so much is wrong.

We can only hope Division 3 isnt some rehash of the same garbage.
Narrator: it was indeed some rehash of the same garbage

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

They love places with history, so i
suspect they’ll do Boston or Philly next

The final boss will be The Big Dig

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I vote San Francisco, the enemy factions practically write themselves...

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The biggest thing is they could never get the loot right in this game. Too many stats, too many prefix and suffix, name brand, perks..etc.etc.. which all leads to a mess. Then you have like TONS of it constantly dropping everywhere and its just hard to deal with. Speaking of myself, I always pick up the yellows because its too much to go through it all on the spot, so then you go through it at your leisure and youre just overwhelmed by it all. So I end up deleting all of it by just sheer frustration. IDK why the had to make it so complicated. And this is like the third iteration of their loot system, lol.

ITs fun, dont get me wrong, ive spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game. But in the end its still a looter shooter and they never got the looter part of it right.
Oh man, the loot and upgrade system is a GRIND. It's fun because I like mindless repetition but holy shit the requirements for expertise and tinkering and classes and skills and yeah it's a LOT.

Overwhelming but I'm not a min/maxxer anyway so I just play for shits and giggles and to see a wasted DC.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Except now with Outlaws and the pure woke shit that will become, and that same guy leading Div 3, wouldn't be surprised if the Division 3 is about protecting liberal rights to protest at this point :p

Chat GBT to the rescue of what this will be:

"Write a synopsis of Division 3 game but woke"

"In the utopian society of Division 3, where fairness and equity reign supreme, a spirited game unfolds on the hallowed grounds of the playing field. As the whistle blows, diverse teams, representing various walks of life, converge in a harmonious display of athleticism and cooperation."

"The players, each embodying the intersectionality of their identities, showcase their skills with grace and respect. There are no winners or losers here, only participants in a collective journey towards shared understanding and unity."

" Through strategic maneuvers and empathetic teamwork, the athletes challenge stereotypes and dismantle barriers, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone's contributions are valued. Amidst cheers of solidarity from the stands, they celebrate not just the game, but the bonds forged in mutual respect and acceptance."

Marketing tagline: "In Division 3, victory is measured not by points on a scoreboard, but by the strides taken towards a more equitable society, both on and off the field."
haha I DID mention my desire for a Whites only mod for the 'good guys' side. But alas, White homogeneity is a dangerous thing.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
You're way overcomplicating the loot thing. The only stats that really matter for almost all builds are crit chance and damage. Even if your item is blue, you still probably want the secondary stats to be CC and CHD. When you look at loot it should be immediately obvious if it can be recalibrated+optimized into something useful since once you get to a base level of gear the chance for an actual upgrade is miniscule.

It's further simplified by the existence of Contractor's/Deathgrip gloves and Fox's Prayer kneepads, which make every other item in those slots irrelevant for the vast majority of builds. Mask is about the only slot that's really wide open and will make you want to collect a bunch of different shit. Vest too, but to a much lesser extent (since The Sacrifice is often a no-brainer). Holster you normally will just use a Grupo. BP, get a Memento unless your build makes picking up trophies inconvenient and in that case you probably want The Gift.

Skill builds are even easier to itemize for. BP and Vest you always want the named ones from Empress/Hana-U/Alps, every other slot needs to be some combination of Empress (3pc) and Hana (2 pc), also 1pc Wyvern if you don't use the Alps BP. Anything that can't be recalibrated to skill dmg and haste is trash. Not sure how the new Brazos brand fits in, I haven't played a skill build in ages since they're really only suited to farming gear for a real build when you're new to the game imo.
1715114962374.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You're way overcomplicating the loot thing. The only stats that really matter for almost all builds are crit chance and damage. Even if your item is blue, you still probably want the secondary stats to be CC and CHD. When you look at loot it should be immediately obvious if it can be recalibrated+optimized into something useful since once you get to a base level of gear the chance for an actual upgrade is miniscule.

It's further simplified by the existence of Contractor's/Deathgrip gloves and Fox's Prayer kneepads, which make every other item in those slots irrelevant for the vast majority of builds. Mask is about the only slot that's really wide open and will make you want to collect a bunch of different shit. Vest too, but to a much lesser extent (since The Sacrifice is often a no-brainer). Holster you normally will just use a Grupo. BP, get a Memento unless your build makes picking up trophies inconvenient and in that case you probably want The Gift.

Skill builds are even easier to itemize for. BP and Vest you always want the named ones from Empress/Hana-U/Alps, every other slot needs to be some combination of Empress (3pc) and Hana (2 pc), also 1pc Wyvern if you don't use the Alps BP. Anything that can't be recalibrated to skill dmg and haste is trash. Not sure how the new Brazos brand fits in, I haven't played a skill build in ages since they're really only suited to farming gear for a real build when you're new to the game imo.

Seriously. I have no idea what 75% of this meant.

• 1Solidarity

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I vote San Francisco, the enemy factions practically write themselves...

Can't wait until Ubisoft decides that all the homeless people are just sleeper Division agents just waiting for their watches to activate.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously. I have no idea what 75% of this meant.
Ok, to give an example, here's the build I use most:

Mostly what I was getting at is there's certain named items which are so ridiculously good that even if you don't use the gun type that brand gives a bonus to it's still best in slot regardless. Damage to armor and damage to targets out of cover are the strongest stats in the game by a wide margin. There are times I put something else in the glove slot out of necessity, like the build above, but I can't remember the last time I played a build that didn't use Fox's Prayer kneepads. So basically that's one of the six armor slots where all you ever need is a single item, and getting it with 15% weapon damage and 12% CHD really is not hard.

It's very obvious when anything drops whether it's going to be useful in a build, because even on heroic 99% of what drops can't be crafted into anything useable. Even when you expand it out to a few more really strong builds (I highly recommend having a glass cannon AR build as an option), there's still only a handful of items per slot that are ever useful. You quickly learn to spot those (and in the long run I'm pretty sure I got way more of my 'perfect' items from weekly vendor resets than I ever did from actual looting) and everything else goes in the trash. Obviously if you're new you settle for what you can get and you'll actually see upgrades a lot more frequently, but that's also why I suggest skill builds for new players because they are so much easier to get what you need, especially when you can just start out with the craftable 4pc Hard Wired set to kickstart it all.

The only other thing you need to know is how the target farming works so that you can go get yourself uniques like Scorpio, Memento, etc. I got mine from the seasons when they were freebies, but I've seen dupes of Memento a few times when I had the tower set to drop backpacks.

TL;DR - Named items and uniques are king, and there's only a extremely small pool of other items that are ever worth considering, which makes sorting through loot much faster than it might seem at first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Damage build you usually get critical chance and critical hit damage.

Skill build you usual get skill damage, skill haste, sometimes skill duration, or status effect(condition damage).

They throw a lot of shit at you, but once you figure out the main stats you will run anyways for the build you want (run n gun or skill build), and the option to reroll a stat entirely, makes it easy. So for example you might get a skill piece with 1st stat skill level, 2nd stat max skill damage, you can reroll whatever the 3rd option was to like skill haste.

The loot system was a giant mess in the beginning, how they manage to fuck that up right after coming from division 1, they wanted to get too cute with more rng shit to keep people grinding. By the time the expansion rolled out they were on like loot 3.0 and it was a lot better, way less shitty rainbow crap rolling up. These days it's easy to farm loot through targeting loot system, plus crafting rerolls a stat or maximize them.

Optimal builds have been figured out, most of the youtubers will sometimes come out with hybrid/meme type builds to keep things interesting, since new exotics and sets come out every season.

Gear/build spreadsheet...

• 1Like