The E-cig Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
oh sonuva bitch, i meant my recommendation above for @Destiny's Paw not vycarious. I just looked at the post above mine and copied the name. Sorry.

Maybe the stronger the better. Just need a product that lasts a while, if not forever. Just need a cleaner replacement to cigarette ash all over. Not looking for Coolness factor but reliability. I'm looking up these that the two of you have suggested. I do appreciate your time with this.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
How long a coil lasts is almost totally dependent on how gunky the juice you are vaping is. I've had a single coil last 2-3 weeks, and sometimes only a few days because of the juice.
Naked 100 is one of the cleanest juice lines I've ever used.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys need to learn how to build your own coils in RTAs. Once you have this down, its not more than spending 10-15 min every week or two. Plenty of youtube channels that probably have every make and model of tank down with instructions on how to rebuild. You dont even have to make new coils either, just burn the crud from the old coil by geting rid of old cottn, upping the wattage and pulsing it until all the shit is burned off, and then just replace the cotton wick. Even if you want fancy ass clapton coils and other shit, they sell that stuff already pre-wound in a spool. Only thing to figure out is what dia and how many wraps to do for your ohms, but they have apps for that that get you close, and you can even do trial and error to figure the shit out if need be. Once you have that own, its doing the same shit every time. Like I know now that 11-12 wraps around a 3mm dia mini screwdriver using 26 ga wire will get me 1.5-1.6 ohm coil. (I still like mouth to lung hits with 20mg juice, thats how I roll)

I still use kanger tanks, toptanks mostly now, and they have a simple RTA thats easy to work on. But I know other thanks are just as easy. Coils and juice are the things you spend the most money on, and I brew my own juice for me and the wife and do up my own coils. Saves tons of cash

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Looking into a getting a rebuildable tank. I have an itch for something new. Anyone have experience with the Avocado, Limitless, or Mage?

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
the limitless is great. That's been my main tank for awhile now. I just got the TFV8 big baby and TFV12 recently because I needed actual tanks that can be laid down on their side without leakage, but I still use the limitless a bit (for certain flavors that taste better but gunk up quick, since I can just change the cotton easily, and when im vaping at home.)

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I was smoking 1.5 -2 packs a day Camel No Filters and smoking a pipe at night. The young kids at work all tried to quit smoking and got big cannon vapers and were blowing massive clouds. I hit a vape store and the guy told me dont invest until you figure out if you like it, he said about 25% of people don't dig it.

He sold me a ELeaf for $20 and threw in a bottle of sauce.

eleaf_icare_ultra-portable_system_hand_1.jpg

I banged on that, wasn't super satisfying but did keep the nic fits away, really was a good call on entry level, makes mini clouds with good flavor. I was only whacking 12mg so a big step down from my daily intake. I mail ordered a closeout Aspire Nautilus Kit $30, wanted a MTL and more cloud / flavor. It was more horsepower but just barely. the eleaf was a better experience overall.

I went back to the shop and told the guy I wanted something mid level to up my game. He said fuck MTL, most people move past that quick. He pulled out 3 rigs told me tug on each and give him feedback. I goldilocks, too hot, too cold, no flavor, no punch. He grabbed a Smok Cloud Beast, dropped it on a simple Evic 200W box set to 75 and that was the one. Tank, mod, batteries, changer and 30 ml of Brewell #22 12mg juice, $110 out the door. Took me a day or so to learn not to flood it and stop it from spitting up molten shit in my throat. Its been 3.5 weeks of no tobacco. Still on my first coil, and just started my 3rd bottle.

I feel better but my morning shits are foul as hell because I can smell things again. I feel like a huge tool lugging around a big robot dong to puff on, but 30 yrs of heavy smoking has stopped.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good for you bro. Its been over 3 yrs for me and feel fantastic. Got my wife to quit too.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Still no tobacco, past 2 weeks I started fucking around with Drippers and coil building to chase flavor. In the past 2 months I went from 24mg of nic to 12 and this week I am down to 6. The lower the nic the better the flavor. I am all about the flavor now. Still cant figure out how some people can puff the pudding and pastry stuff, makes me gag. I am all about juice and fruit. Only times I really am puffing now is when driving or reading the webz. Its a big lifestyle change not having to step out for a smoke every 45 mins.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was smoking 1.5 -2 packs a day Camel No Filters and smoking a pipe at night. The young kids at work all tried to quit smoking and got big cannon vapers and were blowing massive clouds. I hit a vape store and the guy told me dont invest until you figure out if you like it, he said about 25% of people don't dig it.

He sold me a ELeaf for $20 and threw in a bottle of sauce.

View attachment 129004

I banged on that, wasn't super satisfying but did keep the nic fits away, really was a good call on entry level, makes mini clouds with good flavor. I was only whacking 12mg so a big step down from my daily intake. I mail ordered a closeout Aspire Nautilus Kit $30, wanted a MTL and more cloud / flavor. It was more horsepower but just barely. the eleaf was a better experience overall.

I went back to the shop and told the guy I wanted something mid level to up my game. He said fuck MTL, most people move past that quick. He pulled out 3 rigs told me tug on each and give him feedback. I goldilocks, too hot, too cold, no flavor, no punch. He grabbed a Smok Cloud Beast, dropped it on a simple Evic 200W box set to 75 and that was the one. Tank, mod, batteries, changer and 30 ml of Brewell #22 12mg juice, $110 out the door. Took me a day or so to learn not to flood it and stop it from spitting up molten shit in my throat. Its been 3.5 weeks of no tobacco. Still on my first coil, and just started my 3rd bottle.

I feel better but my morning shits are foul as hell because I can smell things again. I feel like a huge tool lugging around a big robot dong to puff on, but 30 yrs of heavy smoking has stopped.
Trying to get my Dad to quit smoking, and he's smoked about the same as you, and smokes Camel unfiltered just like you did. Problem is, despite it being the "one", he refuses to deal with the huge apparatus that you see most E-cigs consist of. Is he just doomed to smoke until he dies because he'll never get that "hit" without going to a bit machine?

(I'm completely dumb when it comes to this stuff, so pardon my ignorance if it shows through)

Thanks for any help bros.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Trying to get my Dad to quit smoking, and he's smoked about the same as you, and smokes Camel unfiltered just like you did. Problem is, despite it being the "one", he refuses to deal with the huge apparatus that you see most E-cigs consist of. Is he just doomed to smoke until he dies because he'll never get that "hit" without going to a bit machine?

(I'm completely dumb when it comes to this stuff, so pardon my ignorance if it shows through)

Thanks for any help bros.

The HIT is part machine, part juice base and part niicotine content. More nic more throat burn like a cig. Juice base google VG/PG ratio. More VG less throat 'hit'. VG = clouds PG = flavor and throat hit. Also google Mouth to Lung that is how cigarettes are smoked and how most shift to vaping. Straight Lung hits is how you end up vaping, like smoking a joint.

It really didnt satisfy me till I got a Sub Ohm system. And found a favorful juice at 12 mg nic level. I think finding a juice you like is the key. After that its a search for a machine that does it justice.

You can buy legit quality machines 75%-50% of US prices if you order direct from China and wait 2 weeks for delivery. Fastech and 3FVape are legit sites to order from and use PayPal or Bitcoin instead of giving a CC.

I would try to find him an RDA (dripper) and a matching stick type mod opposed to a big box.

Crone

The HIT is part machine, part juice base and part niicotine content. More nic more throat burn like a cig. Juice base google VG/PG ratio. More VG less throat 'hit'. VG = clouds PG = flavor and throat hit. Also google Mouth to Lung that is how cigarettes are smoked and how most shift to vaping. Straight Lung hits is how you end u vaping, like smoking a joint.

It really didnt satisfy me till I got a Sub Ohm system. And found a favorful juice at 12 mg nic level. I think finding a juice you like is the key. After that its a search for a machine that does it justice.

You can buy legit quality machines 75%-50% of US prices if you order direct from China and wait 2 weeks for delivery. Fastech and 3FVape are legit sites to order from and use PayPal or Bitcoin instead of giving a CC.
Lotta research to do it seems like! Do they have any chart out there to compare Nic levels to ciggarettes? Or does it not compare like that? So you can be like ok I smoked these, and so this Nic level is what you want? I suppose Google could probably answer that question.

Appreciate the google terms. I've got some homework to do!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Lotta research to do it seems like! Do they have any chart out there to compare Nic levels to ciggarettes? Or does it not compare like that? So you can be like ok I smoked these, and so this Nic level is what you want? I suppose Google could probably answer that question.

Appreciate the google terms. I've got some homework to do!

24 mg is unfiltered
18 is regular
12 is light cigs.
In a Mouth to lung they are doable. But more nic = worse flavor.

In straight to lung 12 and down is plesant. Sub Ohm direct to lung style vaping delivers way more 'smoke' so nic content doesnt need to be as high.

RDAs require maintaince. Re wicking and coil changing. This style looks less gay to carry than a big box.

$14.15 Free Shipping SMPL Styled 18650 Mechanical Mod w/ Velocity Mini Styled RDA Atomizer Kit (w/ Velocity Mini RDA, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
A tank system is way less hassle. Smoktech makes best tanks.

They even make an all in one that looks like a pipe so less gay. SMOK®

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enzee Enzee Looking to get a new mod. I still have the Smok Alien but am looking to upgrade. Have been checking out the normal sites to see what has good reviews and whatnot and have been eyeing the HCigar brand and was wondering if you have any experience with them or if you could point out any other mods that are a step up from the Alien.

Edit: To clarify, looking for something around the same size, a bit more sturdy feeling, dual batteries and not more then 100 bucks or so.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
No, I don't have any experience with those. The DNA chipsets are solid, though, for sure. So, the software end is probably good, just not sure about the build quality.

Honestly, I've been happy with my alien and SMOK in general. The only mod I've been eyeing is their quad battery one, since it's waaay smaller then any other quad mods I've seen. It's about the same total size in your hand as most companies tri-battery mods are. But, I'm not going to upgrade any time soon.

Sigelei, Wismec, Pioneer, Eleaf, SMOK, Kangar and Innokin are some of the better brands on average. SMOK's alien kind of crushed the market and now a bunch of people are trying to copy them. Sigelei's KAOS (you can change the color of its lights), and Wismec Predator (alien.. predator.. get it?) being two similar ones. Similar size, price point, wattage, etc.. The Alien was the best 'value' for a mod of the last year. You could get better mods, but they tended to cost twice as much, and anything cheaper didn't put out much power.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gotcha, I will look into those other brands and yeah, the Alien is pretty sweet as far as mods go, I was just looking for a new shiny toy :D

Crone

A tank system is way less hassle. Smoktech makes best tanks.

They even make an all in one that looks like a pipe so less gay. SMOK®
This one looks more my Dad's style. Still a good one? What else would I need on top of this? I appreciate the help!

SMOK®

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This one looks more my Dad's style. Still a good one? What else would I need on top of this? I appreciate the help!

SMOK®

Smok makes quality stuff. You would need replacement coils, coils last 1-3 weeks depending on juice and use.

And you'll need some good tasting juice at 18-24 mg nic level. That part can be tough. Because devices are getting more powerful, better juices are lower nic ratio now. Halo has juice with higher nic content. E-liquid. Shoot for Fruit flavors. Stay away from anything chocolate imo. Dont buy a ton of juice at first till you find a favorite. and lower nic = better flavor.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Gotcha, I will look into those other brands and yeah, the Alien is pretty sweet as far as mods go, I was just looking for a new shiny toy :D
Oh, I understand, just was explaining why I don't really have a suggestion other then Alien. Hasn't been a similarly 'great' mod lately that I have wanted.

Oldbased

> Than U
Anyone tried the Kanger mod with the tank built into the mod? I am looking to compress my setup which isn't huge but is long. Currently back to the cloupor with a Kanger top tank on it and want something smaller but still holds some juice.
As for Smok, I loved the tank and all the options and still have it but I found it hard to get coils I wanted locally and at the time the rebuildable was terrible it came with but I think I had the first releases of it. I mostly gave up on Smok due to the gasket breaking down( the little rubber piece at the top with the fill hole ) and because I was going through juice about 400% faster and it got to where I was spending $90 a month on 300 ml of juice and $30 a month on coils for the damn thing but boy I never had a craving for a smoke with it.
I used to do all my Kanger rebuilds as well and have 4 rbas due to having several sub/top tank kits over time but this year I've been lazy and just ordering 5 pack of coils.