The E-cig Thread

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Already have. Car is always clean though so it was an easy check. I am hoping mine just had a weak spot from the atomizer or something and that a new one would not have the same problem but who knows. Like I said the tank was flawless before the leak and I really liked it but don't really follow the best tanks so was asking here to get some ideas.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Already have. Car is always clean though so it was an easy check. I am hoping mine just had a weak spot from the atomizer or something and that a new one would not have the same problem but who knows. Like I said the tank was flawless before the leak and I really liked it but don't really follow the best tanks so was asking here to get some ideas.
I currently smoke 'roll-ur-own' and was thinking about changing to e-cig. My nephew uses and talked me into it, just looking for crowd sourcing ideas.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I have not heard about mass leaking issues with the baby beast or tfv8, so i wouldnt worry about that if you replace it.
If the amount of vapor produced was what you wanted, just get the same tank again. There arent many that use premade coils that do what that tank does. if you want MORE vapor, look at the tfv12, their bigger one.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good to hear, the tank was perfect before the leak so I might just end up getting the same setup. Looked a bit online and price wise I really don't see anything that matches it.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, maybe you dropped it or a coil got put in weird, who knows, and it bent something slightly. might have just needed to swap an o-ring even.
Especially since it didnt do it originally.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Im at work, so i cant look up some links to give you very easily. but, do you want about the same 'smoke' (vapor production) that you get from ciggs?
My 2nd tank ever was an aspire atlantis, and that would probably be plenty for you to start. if you have the cash to spare, id suggest getting a mod (the battery part) that can handle something bigger, in case you want to upgrade down the line. my first few setups, i didnt do it, and spent more in the long run as a result.
Ill try to get some more info for you when i get home, if someone else hasnt helped out already.

Edit: also, how much and what kind of ciggs do you smoke?

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly I would go for the Smok Alien kit. The mod is wonderful and even though my tank was wonky while it worked it was perfect. It is priced very well too.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
That smok might be too much vapor for him at first. I, personally, love cloud chasing, but some people dont. They want a tighter hit, closer to a real cigg, when they first swap.
Im going to be getting a tfv8, or maybe 12, soon, but thats rarely one id suggest for a new vaper.
Aspire atlantis or cleito
Kangar sub-min
Or maaaaybe Uwell crown
Are the tanks i can think of off the top of my head that id suggest for newer vapers, depending what they want.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Yea and especially since he only smokes 2-3 ciggs a day.
Maybe the stronger the better. Just need a product that lasts a while, if not forever. Just need a cleaner replacement to cigarette ash all over. Not looking for Coolness factor but reliability. I'm looking up these that the two of you have suggested. I do appreciate your time with this.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Oh yea, i had the nautilus before the atlantis. id probably skip the nautilus and goto the atlantis first. you can always close the airflow on the atlantis to make it hit similar to the nautilus, and get the higher ohm coils.
Its just got more flexibility.

Oh, and its technically the 'atlantis v2' these days.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Vycarious Vycarious I did a little googling, I think something like the "KANGER TOPBOX MINI 75W TC KIT"
Kanger Topbox Mini 75W TC Starter Kit (Platinum Edition, Black, White, & Red)
is probably a great idea for you.
It's robust enough that you can grow into it if you get more into vaping, but simple and cheap enough for a starter kit. Even at a brick n mortar shop, you shouldn't pay more then $70 for it, and online you can find it for $50-55.
With two batteries and a charger (I recommend nitecore chargers) , that's about $85-90 total online. Little bit of an investment to start, but will be cheaper in the long run for you.
Now, you could go cheaper to start, but the problem is you may grow out of the setup and end up buying something like this 3-6 months later.

• 1Like

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I ended up just replacing the Smok Alien kit that I had prior. Hopefully I don't have the leaking issue I had last time. I still have a 5 pack of the t8 coils but went ahead and ordered the t6's this time. Will update on them after I have had some time with them.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is and I average about 1 coil every 2 weeks. The coil cost for the t6's was 17 bucks for a 5 pack.

• 1Like