The E-cig Thread

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Well the starter kit I was originally planning on ordering sold out, so I ended up going with

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/joyetech-ecab-starter-kit/
joyetechecab__33012.1343822418.220.220.jpg

instead. I spent a while reading different reviews, but it's honestly impossible for me to make sense of all the minutiae of batteries and atomizers and chargers and juice composition and what not, so I grabbed the one that looked the coolest and had good reviews, added some green apple and cherry flavored juice, and figured I'd at least get to try it out. I'm not sure how reliable USPS generally is, but they said 5 days shipping time to Australia, so hopefully this time next week I'll be puffing on my robot cigarette.

Killswitch

N00b
For battery life look at this way a 800mah battery will give you about 8 hours vaping time give or take. A 1100mah will give you 11 and so on. I first started with the Ego setups and its a great beginner device to use for sure. Just like anything else once you get into it you start researching more shit and checking out new devices out there to chase that perfect vape. Been a year and half since I last smoked and I was a pack and half a day smoker for 30 years.

This is a great kit for around $40 and check the top of his page for discount codes. Way better than that Ego-T setup. The evod is a great atomizer and very easy to use and taste is very good. Way better than that cartridge or cartomizers.

http://www.exhalevapors.com/product_...m?1=1&CartID=1

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Well so far I'm a fan, the vapor is much heavier on the throat than I expected, but apparently you can make it lighter by altering the PG/VG ratio (although I can't remember in which direction. Anyone?). Still much smoother though, with that combined with the fruit flavors and the more relaxing buzz, it remind me a lot of shisha, which is definitely a positive for me. And of course I love the convenience of not having to go outside and the lack of the disgusting cigarette smell/aftertaste, and the savings with our insane cigarette prices here in Aus.

Only complaint is that they seem to assume that you're already familiar with all of the parts and how they fit together, both in ordering and in the manual, which was kind of a pain and I can imagine would turn off many who would otherwise be interested but are too lazy. Will definitely be trying to convert my smoking friends.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So just got back from a long weekend of binge drinking in northern Michigan. Cant say that I did not have times I wanted a RL cig, but I never had one. For the most part, the e-cig satisfied, even in the weakest moments.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So just got back from a long weekend of binge drinking in northern Michigan. Cant say that I did not have times I wanted a RL cig, but I never had one. For the most part, the e-cig satisfied, even in the weakest moments.
I'm still not at this point. Smoking less and less though. The mere fact that I'm not smoking while at home any longer cuts things down considerably. Still haven't gotten over the connection my brain has made between drinking and actual cigs though.

Killswitch

N00b
I'm still not at this point. Smoking less and less though. The mere fact that I'm not smoking while at home any longer cuts things down considerably. Still haven't gotten over the connection my brain has made between drinking and actual cigs though.
You might need a juice that has higher nic strength. What are you at currently? I have a friend I make juice for that just quit smoking and he is at 32mg right now. That's really high but its keeping him from smoking.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How's it going with the self medication, guys? Share your anecdotes
smile.png

Seventh

Golden Squire
Three years on the e-Cig here, I use an eGo-T with these Juicemate cartomizers:

http://www.e-smokeytreats.com/JuiceM...er-_p_647.html

Best setup I've found yet. The cartos are 5 bucks and last 1-2 weeks and rarely (if ever) leak. They seem to last forever - I end up just changing them after a while because it seems like the right thing to do.

Started on the 18mg juice and am down to the 11mg. Zero smokes in 3 years (October will be 4), but now I have to quit the stupid ass e-Cig. Still, after failing at quitting a bajillion times before the eCig, I'm glad I gave them a shot. I only use the thing in the morning and a little at night, and when I'm having a few beers nowadays. The one thing about eCigs is that they are glorious on long plane flights.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Thanks for sharing, Seventh
smile.png

So you're still addicted to nicotine after 3 years with the e-cig, but you've managed to exchange cigarettes with e-cig as the main means of drug administration, correct?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What kind of looks / reactions do you get when you start using an ecig on a plane?
DeltalinaVictory.jpg

I flew delta a few days ago and was psyched to see my favorite big lipped ginger flight attendent tell me not to smoke (Like I just got off a time machine from the 50s) but they changed the video and I started beating my wife until the smoking part.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Thanks for sharing, Seventh
smile.png

So you're still addicted to nicotine after 3 years with the e-cig, but you've managed to exchange cigarettes with e-cig as the main means of drug administration, correct?
Kinda. It's mostly the physical habit at this point. If I go out somewhere or when I'm at work I don't think about the thing at all. The amount of nicotine that I get out of the eCig at the low-strength juice is around 1-2 cigarettes a day with the amount that I actually use it. I'm probably still a tad addicted to it, but occasionally I won't vape at all for a few days at a time and I don't get any of the usual bullshit that comes with quitting the real ones. (Like being an asshole to everyone for no reason..)

FWIW I smoked a pack a day for ~10-12 years, more when out drinking. Twice that when raiding in EQ/WoW, heh. You neverreallyknow how fucking awful you, your house and your car smells until you quit for a long period of time. I'm embarrassed just thinking about it.

I definitely, definitely recommend trying an eCig for anyone having a hard time quitting. My mother uses one now too and she smoked two packs a day for ~40 years. She developed COPD (which, if you don't know someone who has it, is a fucking awful disease) and the eCig made a HUGE difference for her in terms of just being able to get out and do shit without being immediately out of breath.

The thing is, all the ones you see at the mall and 99% of the ones online and on radio ads are cheaply made Chinese pieces of crap. Even the one that I use is, but it's just the least shitty one that I've found. I've tried a shitload of different kinds, and they all leak, the batteries sometimes last a week before being stone dead, some attys/cartos will just be duds out of the box, etc, etc. The key is to just find what you like and buy a shitload of it, and always keep two on you and a good amount of backup shit at home. The first time you run out with an eCig is like the first time you run out of the patch. Patches are $50/box, a pack of smokes is what - 8 bucks? That always shit on me in the past when I tried to quit. I keep 4 batteries charging, plus another in the car, and always have two complete eCigs on hand throughout the day just in case I really need one and one of them stops working. It's not so bad these days, but when you're just starting that's the killer - the shit just breaks.

It's absolutely worth it though. You'll feel better, smell better, your skin looks better, you end up saving money and really, everything you do gets easier once you quit smoking. It's the worst fucking habit in the world.

Edit: This part is important too - if you start vaping, or even currently vape - brush your teeth about 500% more than you already do. This shit is AWFUL for your teeth. I'm kind of an OCD-clean dude, and I went probably 10 years without ever having a single cavity. The very next checkup I went to, maybe 3-4 months after I first started vaping (and I was like a chimney with the thing for the first year or so) my dentist was just like "What the fuck have you been doing?". I ended up with 3 cavities, and while I can't say 100% that it's from the eCig that's really the only thing that changed. I brush my teeth a LOT, like Howard Hughes levels of lot, and since then I've had no cavities. It's a small detail but it may save you some drill time or worse, and you can thank me later for having fresh breath all the time.

Seventh

Golden Squire
What kind of looks / reactions do you get when you start using an ecig on a plane?
I don't use it in my seat, haha. I go into the bathroom and just take a few puffs. The vapor dissipates pretty much immediately anywhere, and the only odd thing anyone would notice is that I walk out of the shitter smelling like blueberries.

I have a few friends who swear they do it in their seats, and even vape in their offices/cubes at work, but not me. I'm like a leper with this thing, I don't like anyone seeing me using it. I had a Provari for a while, and after two weeks I thought "I'm better than this, I'm sitting here sucking on what looks like a fucking mag light.". It worked great but you gotta draw a line. I figure the more I am embarrassed by it, the less I'll use it and the closer I'll be to just throwing all of this shit in the trash but I'm not quite there yet.

On a plane, I don't care what anyone says - nobody looks at it and says "Oh, that guy's vaping". It's smoke, and it'd freak me the fuck out too. I think the people who say they use it sitting in their seats are probably just full of shit.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol, you'd probably get shanked if you tried to vape in an airplane seat.

"OH GOD, HE'S TRYING TO LIGHT A BOMB!!!"

*cue you getting owned by 10 people*

Killswitch

N00b
Was at this bar for the Stanley Cup game on Wednesday called Brickhouse was my first time and they were totally cool with letting me vape all night. No one complained and actually a couple people mentioned how good it smelled as well. Was pretty cool getting to drink and vape away at the bar. They had flat screens TV's and 4 theatre chairs around each tv. Was awesome bar and will prob go there again.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol, you'd probably get shanked if you tried to vape in an airplane seat.

"OH GOD, HE'S TRYING TO LIGHT A BOMB!!!"

*cue you getting owned by 10 people*
I've vaped in a plane quite a few times. I just cup that shit and hold it in as long as possible to minimize the visual evidence. I don't advertise the shit.

I use Green Smoke and I use the ones without nicotine now. Still need to get over the mental need for taking a drag.