The Elder Scrolls Online

Resubbing, will play AA when it comes out but won't pay $150 for an alpha.
I am not trying to talk you into it bro.

But you get 75$ worth of 13k cash shop credits, 3 months patron status, custom cloak you pick what you want on it.
4-Day Patron Head Start, Title: "Trailblazer" title grants plus 3 to all stats, 6 Daru Chests there lockboxes that can have droppable mounts in them and other items, 10 Evenstones, 10 hereafter stones, Glass Phoenix Glider, Desert Assassin Platemail full set of costume set, Reagents to put your own crest in-game make and display your own emblem on your items, 10 Pet Healing Potions, Founders cloak +3 to all stats upload a custom image for your cloak.

Credits and patron status take like 100$ out of the deal already add to it the custom founder cloak and title that is +6 to all stats the custome armor set, the bad ass Glider I am just saying man.

So in other words, pay to win. ESO is far from perfect, but I just do not understand the love for AA. Actually wait, yes I do. I've seen this kind of hype with another game once before, TERA. That lasted about a month or so.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love this board. Too busy to play mmo's (and I really wanted to try TESO's PvP) but you all keep me up to date. Even with your overamped tantrums over minutia.. Actually I take that back... BECAUSE of your overamped tantrums over minutia.

It seems to be the overlooked details that are hurting this game (a recurring problem with most new mmos).

Not sure why gaming devs have a hard time focusing on it, but the split second timing of the gameplay is what always seems to hurt new mmos the most in the long term. Never have been a fan of WoW but one thing they realized early on is that the moment to moment gameplay is king. Everything is fluid when you play WoW (or was when I tried it a few years ago) and you can tell Bizzard spent a bunch of time and money working on the minutiae of each individual action. Cleaning it up and making it smooth.

Any game that wants to be successful really needs to put fluid gameplay at the top of the priority list. Gamers will put up with a game for a short time if the other aspects of the game (graphics, new mechanics, etc) are cool, but if the gameplay is clunky, most will eventually leave.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am not trying to talk you into it bro.

But you get 75$ worth of 13k cash shop credits, 3 months patron status, custom cloak you pick what you want on it.
4-Day Patron Head Start, Title: "Trailblazer" title grants plus 3 to all stats, 6 Daru Chests there lockboxes that can have droppable mounts in them and other items, 10 Evenstones, 10 hereafter stones, Glass Phoenix Glider, Desert Assassin Platemail full set of costume set, Reagents to put your own crest in-game make and display your own emblem on your items, 10 Pet Healing Potions, Founders cloak +3 to all stats upload a custom image for your cloak.

Credits and patron status take like 100$ out of the deal already add to it the custom founder cloak and title that is +6 to all stats the custome armor set, the bad ass Glider I am just saying man.
Yeah most of that is pretty worthless to me. I get why some people would like it. I'm planning on getting the $50 version mostly to support the developers but also for the 4 day head start.

The ingame credits buys:
After launch, you'll be able to purchase all sorts of goods from the in-game store including consumables, unique gliders, costumes, crest design reagents, and more.
which sounds superfluous to me. All the titles, mounts, gliders, costumes etc also sound superfluous.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So in other words, pay to win. ESO is far from perfect, but I just do not understand the love for AA. Actually wait, yes I do. I've seen this kind of hype with another game once before, TERA. That lasted about a month or so.
Well done. Every single point you made was wrong.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh? You sure got me there. Let's agree to disagree and see what the AA thread looks like in a month or two, yeah?
Nope. First the pay to win comment is based on ignorance. You really should research what Hartman had said about it and take a look at Rift for a comparison. Secondly this hype is nothing compared to Tera. People are excited about mechanics that cater to sustain a pvp world worth staying in and fighting for. Who knows if the game will catch on. The hype for it though isn't really comparable to TERA.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
Received an email with5 Days Complimentary Game Timetoday. Cancelled mu subsricption sometime last week. Don't remember if there was a questionnaire when I cancelled and what I put in it if there was.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
ArcheAge will crater when most people realise they're going to be the sheep rather than the wolves.
I thought Archeage was structured more like EVE, where you can stay and live happily in carebear land for your entire life with brief forays into the pvp areas if you like, not like DF where the carebears get hunted to the gates of the starting cities.

Its almost comical at this point, every mmo vet has seen the same shit fail over and over and everyone widely acknowledges there is only 1 ffa pvp structure that really works, and still every pvp game we get is retreads of either the failed DAOC model or the failed UO model.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I am going to continue my subscription. I gave WoW seven years of my life, and EQ five years before that. I will give this game a few months at least. Besides, I'm only level 35; been leveling very casually. While I enjoy my time in game, I don't find myself rushing home to spend every free moment online.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can't pve your way to 50 in carebear lands. You can do your trading and shit, which eventually would let you hit 50, in carebear lands. So it's different than EVE kinda, but everything is. If you want to pve though, you'll be forced into the pvp areas. If all you want to do is grow shit and trade and craft, I don't think you ever have to step in a pvp area at around level 30(guess you could grind lvl 28mobs until like 35 or whatever but after that you're kinda fucked). You can also hire people to protect you while you do your shit, like pay a guild to let you use their trade pack boat for a trip to the farthest island which would let you get more ressources out of your packs at the cost of some of the gold you're making from selling shit to people.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have been traveling the last year so I did not get to beta or really follow the game at all. I did just get it and made an Orc DK. But any information on builds would be really helpful as there seems to be a plethora of options and resetting skills is expensive.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I have been traveling the last year so I did not get to beta or really follow the game at all. I did just get it and made an Orc DK. But any information on builds would be really helpful as there seems to be a plethora of options and resetting skills is expensive.
All you really have to be careful with is morphs, buying a useless skill sucks a tiny bit but getting another skill point is mostly trivial, but the only way to undo a morph is a respec.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That's really good to know. What the heck is a morph though?
When you get a skill to lvl 4 and max it, then it gives you the option to spend another skill point and morph it, they give you two options on morphs and both will add some extra effect to the skill in most cases, or change the effect entirely in some rare cases.

For example as a templar I can make my insta heal either return mana or heal more people as morph options, both good but very different options so its a big decision and the only way to reverse it is a full respec.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its almost comical at this point, every mmo vet has seen the same shit fail over and over and everyone widely acknowledges there is only 1 ffa pvp structure that really works, and still every pvp game we get is retreads of either the failed DAOC model or the failed UO model.
What ffa pvp structure are you talking about - that everyone will agree works? If not DAoC etc.