The Elder Scrolls Online

The instanced Delves thing drives me insane. The problem is that 99% of what you do is so easy in the game, running around questing you just nuked down mobs in groups of 1-3 with ease. So when I find a Delve it is the only chance I have at a decent battle, but every single time there are no mobs left and a bunch of people farming the boss so he dies in 2 seconds. Only twice so far have I managed to get a Delve boss alone and it was an awesome fight, although someone jumped in at the last few seconds. Also there are chests with nice gear in those zones and people ninja them before I can get to them. It is completely un-fun. But I am enjoying the game anyway and high levels sound great. I hate raiding so doing 12 man dungeons with a single group seems like it would be fun and a good challenge.

Inventory management is a total pain in the ass. I unfortunately clicked on some of my treasure maps and it turned into 10 maps which borked my inventory even more. I also try to do all the tradeskills at once which has turned out to be bad news. My inventory is 80 items and if I sell everything and bank everything, I still have 45 items on me. I might just stop doing provisioning or something.

But the game is free! So I can't complain. And if I stick with it for a while I will get the sub to help out.

Why does this game STILL suck so fucking bad at loading screens. Honestly logging into the game is the hardest part
You can spam mouse clicks and key presses and they all go away.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Dunno how long you've been back playing but a huge part of the reason delves are so crowded is because of the Halloween event and everyone trying to get all the skull loot off of bosses. As soon as it's over, which is about a week from now, they will go back to mostly being empty. You should also do the quest and get your cauldron if you haven't since the item turns you into a skeleton, doubles your exp for two hours and has unlimited uses until the event is over.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I haven't played since launch. Is there any returning player guides or build guides floating around? The official forums suck.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Wow awesome thanks!

Np, they just extended it another week so you'll have time for the drops or just exp boost.

I haven't played since launch. Is there any returning player guides or build guides floating around? The official forums suck.

Not really. Most of the guides are really outdated and 1T really shook up how people are building their characters. I basically had to piece together a couple guides and then inject my own stuff into it to make my own build. Honestly, as bad as the forums are they are probably your best bet, you just have to dig.

Got to level 48, enjoyed it so far but losing motivation fast. Part of the problem is that the high end sounds so boring. If I wanted to repeat stuff over and over for slightly better times, I'd be a racing driver.

Blackwulf

N00b
Veteran maelstrom arena has been keeping me entertained - pretty hard solo content. I'm currently on stage 7 out of 9, and yeah - it's a bitch.

I ended up subscribing to this game... I am still not convinced I will stick around very long but I have enjoyed myself for a month now and I still have so much to do and somehow I am still enjoying doing it. I am wary of the high end, it sounds so grindy and tedious, but this game has an insane number of unique dungeons that are pretty fun to run though. I also spend a lot of time just exploring the huge world, I do dolmens for kicks, collect lorebooks because I want Meteor, and I get in groups that travel to all the world bosses in a zone and gank them all. And any time I want a change, I just press P and wait to get teleported to a fun dungeon. This game mastered the modern MMO formula imo.

I've still not even tried PVP, and I think veteran dungeons might be just what I needed, as long as the players aren't too cuntish. I plan to join a PVE guild to make that work better.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Veteran maelstrom arena has been keeping me entertained - pretty hard solo content. I'm currently on stage 7 out of 9, and yeah - it's a bitch.
I just did Maelstrom (normal) for the first time today, didn't go all that badly, but it wasn't exactly a walk in the park once I got to stage 5. Now, the thing that worries me is, that I tried Veteran and got 3 shot by the very first caster mob in Stage 1, Round 1. I've got full purple gear, 5pc Hundings, 5pc Briarheart and I'm playing a StamSorc at CP180. Nothing bar world bosses has come close to doing that much damage to me in such a small time frame. I've got no idea how to gear to get to starting Veteran, right now, it just looks impossible.

Can you kite it? Or have pet tank or something? I am still a noob so still trying to get to grips with everything, this game has a lot more depth than I first expected. I am a Sorc too and for soloing I like to use two pets. One of the caster thing which stands back and zaps stuff, and one is the ugly little tank dude who you can heal. For most fights I burn stuff down while they tank fine, but for world bosses and when I solo public dungeon bosses, I let the pets do all the tanking. If I am careful, the tank pet gets killed first and then the mob will for the caster pet, and I can just recast the tank pet in that time and it grabs aggro again. So basically I can keep casting new pets and never take a hit. Some world bosses kill them too fast for me to do this though.

Also I'm now CP90 ish and the game got harder if anything because mobs are no joke now. I like soloing public dungeons and I can do it but sometimes I get splatted several times in a dungeon. Eventually I am gonna do a different build that is more tanky just for soloing dungeons.

I hope I like that high end content, it sounds just like the kind of thing I like the most.

Blackwulf

N00b
I just did Maelstrom (normal) for the first time today, didn't go all that badly, but it wasn't exactly a walk in the park once I got to stage 5. Now, the thing that worries me is, that I tried Veteran and got 3 shot by the very first caster mob in Stage 1, Round 1. I've got full purple gear, 5pc Hundings, 5pc Briarheart and I'm playing a StamSorc at CP180. Nothing bar world bosses has come close to doing that much damage to me in such a small time frame. I've got no idea how to gear to get to starting Veteran, right now, it just looks impossible.

It helped me a lot to watch this guide. I watched it stage by stage, not all at once.

I've also been playing a stamsorc. I have 400 champ points. Currently at end boss of stage 9, and just can't beat that fucker.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if its been said but this is Free to Play for the next 4 days starting right now
(also on sale)

I reached the high levels and my fears are coming true. I did some trials and they were so fucking boring. Spamming 123 on dull damage sponge bosses while diving out of red shit on the ground, and that is every boss in every trial. I have enjoyed doing normal dungeons but they are too hard to find groups for, the game is too old for that, people only do vet now and I doubt I could do that yet. It is starting to feel grindy and the combat isn't deep enough for that fake raid content. It is a shame because the gear set I want is from there so maybe I should just quit. I will try pvp and stuff first though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blackwulf

N00b
I reached the high levels and my fears are coming true. I did some trials and they were so fucking boring. Spamming 123 on dull damage sponge bosses while diving out of red shit on the ground, and that is every boss in every trial. I have enjoyed doing normal dungeons but they are too hard to find groups for, the game is too old for that, people only do vet now and I doubt I could do that yet. It is starting to feel grindy and the combat isn't deep enough for that fake raid content. It is a shame because the gear set I want is from there so maybe I should just quit. I will try pvp and stuff first though.
Yeah, normal trials are a joke. They took out all the mechanics that make them hard. You need to do vet trials for any challenge. Vet 4 man's aren't that hard, and tons of people are running them. What's your champ level? What role? Low champ level isn't so big an issue if you are healer or tank, people just get pissy if you are DPS and take forever to kill stuff, haha. Anyway, I'd help you run some vet dungeons to learn some mechanics if you want.

Thanks they sounded scary but maybe I can do it already. I am a dps but it takes forever to get in groups so figured I would respec all my stuff as a tank. I'm CP115 ish. It is crazy though, I am a magica sorc with light armor built entirely for dps, yet all I did was swap out some spells and I tanked a bunch of world bosses last night and killed them by myself. I just stood there and spammed hardened ward every time it hit me. I had a lightning dot and the dps pet to do some damage. Took ages but I won by just standing there and spamming 4 buttons, in light armor as a sorc. I figure if I respec some stuff and get some decent heavy armor I could just start tanking and hopefully find normal groups faster.

I really wanted to do them all on normal until I was 160 ish and then start doing veterans.

Blackwulf

N00b
Thanks they sounded scary but maybe I can do it already. I am a dps but it takes forever to get in groups so figured I would respec all my stuff as a tank. I'm CP115 ish. It is crazy though, I am a magica sorc with light armor built entirely for dps, yet all I did was swap out some spells and I tanked a bunch of world bosses last night and killed them by myself. I just stood there and spammed hardened ward every time it hit me. I had a lightning dot and the dps pet to do some damage. Took ages but I won by just standing there and spamming 4 buttons, in light armor as a sorc. I figure if I respec some stuff and get some decent heavy armor I could just start tanking and hopefully find normal groups faster.

I really wanted to do them all on normal until I was 160 ish and then start doing veterans.

You'll find groups faster as a tank for sure. I have a sorc that I've played as a tank, and it is fun. If you respec to stamina based skills, stats, and level up sword and board and heavy armor, you can handle vet 4 man's easily. Bound armaments and hurricane make you very tough.

Thanks for the tips. I screwed up pretty bad today. I felt cocky after soloing a bunch of world bosses in my dps build, so I banked all my light gear, copied a magicka sorc tank from the interweb, respecced all my skill points and champion points (cost me 9k I think), and rebuilt as a tank. And it sucked. I died in 2 seconds and ran out of stam and mana even faster. Even my light gear dps build with ward spamming was much better. I'm sure if I stuck with it and got better gear, maybe went with medium gear instead of heavy or something, it could have worked. But it just seemed so bad and I don't even like tanking. Also someone in my guild gave me a really good stam sorc build, told me what gear to get etc.. But in the end I just respecced everything back to my dps sorc... 18k is a LOT to a newbie! But at least I am 120 ish CP now and I am just gonna hurry to 160 and then I can do vet dungeons which I think will have shorter queues and then I'll be happy.

I quite enjoy doing those dungeons, especially if the group mates aren't cocksuckers. I think vet trials would be fun too.