The Elder Scrolls Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played this in a while so not sure if it's still viable or not. Easy way for some quick cash early on is to steal and fence your daily item cap. If you find a good building with lots of easy access, stealable containers, you can just relog to reset them to fill up very fast.

Still totally hooked on this, but some aspects of the game are really bad. Delves are a total waste of content. They make that dungeon and add a big boss and fill it with mobs, and people just blast through the whole thing in 5 minutes. I like to solo them and I can blast through it <5 mins every time. I run past all the mobs because they don't give xp anymore, go straight to the skyshard and grab it, and go to the boss and gank him, and then I'm outta there. They should have done something to make these like real dungeons. Have more bosses that drop stuff with rare items that people would want so you can camp the dungeon for a while. It doesn't have to be lower guk but at least not make them so disposable.

Also I've been doing Normal Trials and they are so shit. Again, blast through the whole thing in 30 mins, nobody talks to each other because there is no time and no need to anyway, and there is zero player interaction even although you are with so many people. And the loot is shit. Stuff just randomly drops and anyone picks it up and only a few nice people link it in chat to see if anyone needs it. I've done the same trial several times now and all I need is a necklace and two earrings, but I've never had any of them drop for me. I have seen them go to some douche who then has other people bid for them. Last dungeon people were bidding 30k for a blue ring which is stupid.

It is a good game in many ways but there is some really dumb design too.

Last edited:

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I just started playing this and wow, pleasantly surprised. I played last year and got bored at like level 23. I am 30 now and not stopping anytime soon.

With the changes aka: One Tamriel, you can play this just like Skyrim. Just wander and do what you want when you want as everything is scaled. Game is gorgeous on my projector. Playing with controller in living room is win,.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I've have been super addicted for 2 months but I am starting to really lose motivation now. I got to 160 which was a big deal for me. But I have most of the gear I want now and the rest is a super tedious grind to get. And I am not sure what is supposed to motivate me at this point. I was looking forward to doing the trials but they are really, really bad. Just a 20 minute zerg of explosions and light show and loot randomly dropping to random people. I have done about 15-20 trials now and the item I want has only dropped twice and people started bidding 20k + for it. Like I'm gonna do that for some blue ring.

I still enjoy the group dungeons, but the fun of that is wearing thin too. Often they are ruined by the other people. I queue for 2+ hours until the group maker finally puts one together, and sometimes it then instantly breaks apart and I have to wait 15 minutes and then queue all over again. When a group does finally start, the last couple of weeks have been inundated with level 20 somethings that are pretty useless. Tanks who can't hold aggro, healers who can't heal at all, and dps who do 1 dps. Also high level players are just as bad because they just leave the group at the first sign of trouble. I had a 3 hour queue today and finally got in City of Ash 2. We blitzed through it to about the 4th boss and the healer disconnected. Luckily I was the leader so the group didn't just fall apart and everyone gets kicked from the dungeon (which happens a lot). I did find replacement but the tank left a second later. So I had to find two replacements, and then two level 20 somethings showed up. We then failed that boss 5 times in a row just because everyone was too weak. I ended up kicking one of them and queuing again and we got a level 30 who was even worse. By the end I had 1k in damage to my gear. And yet if you get a group of high level people, it becomes kind of boring too, just steamrolling through the dungeon without hardly ever losing a hitpoint.

I like a lot about the game but it seems like a game designed by someone who has never seen an MMO before. Having loot drop in a trial/raid but go to some random person who doesn't need it, yet charges you 20k+ to have it, is retarded. Especially when you have done that raid 20 times already and not had it drop once. And they are so boring too. Just tank and spank on every mob. Big insane damage sponge mobs, everyone huddled around it spamming 1234. It is so dumb. They should have made an Elder Scrolls 6 instead and used all the good ideas from this game in that, and just left out all the grindy bullshit.

Last edited:

Blackwulf

N00b
Yeah, if you play one character you'll be bored like that once you cap out. I keep myself interested by trying new builds on various characters with different armor sets, etc. Still working on VMA off and on. Also, I jump into pvp now and then. They really need more varied end game content. More carrot, if you will.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I have never seen a game have such a shitty time just launching. Does anyone else STILL get stuck at load in screens

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
15 hours in and the game feels alot like an elder scrolls game, at least the way I've been playing it roaming around and doing every quest I can find which leads to familiar scenarios like staking out Nordic Crypts or Bandit Strongholds

Was definitely worth the 13 dollars I paid for it so far and currently feels pretty open world sandboxy, also VERY populated :)

cautiously (as always) optimistic

if anyone else plays somewhat often please PM me your name as I could use some mentoring to help me to comprehend what the hell is going on as far as making a build is concerned

Last edited:

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
They did a pass on the animations with Update 6.

We have updated and polished all player character animations in both first- and third-person animations, which includes the following:
  • More natural postures and improved timing to combat animations.
  • Improved movement animations to look better overall and significantly reduce foot slip while walking or running.
  • Improved stealth animations.
  • Slightly quicker light and heavy attacks, block, and interrupt animations.
  • Smoother blending between attacks and abilities, particularly those that get interrupted.
  • Light and heavy melee attacks will provide clearer feedback whether they hit or missed.
  • Unique combat stance for Lightning, Restoration, and Fire/Frost staff types.
  • Magical weapons will not persist longer than the ability that creates them. Similarly, equipped weapons and shields will always be visible when they can be used again.
  • Female characters using 2-handed weapons or a bow will no longer have their arms stick to their weapons oddly when blocking or otherwise interrupting an existing animation.

Patch Notes v1.6.5

Noahx

N00b
I've enjoyed the game pretty casual. I log in - do a "quest area" and delve in about 45min/1hr... progresses my character a bit and is usually entertaining (quest/voice over/plot).

There is basically a "shit ton" of content if you just want a bunch of mini-adventures. The classes all are interesting. Not sure there is much else out there that compares for "free" ... perhaps RIFT.

• 1Like

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I've enjoyed the game pretty casual. I log in - do a "quest area" and delve in about 45min/1hr... progresses my character a bit and is usually entertaining (quest/voice over/plot).

There is basically a "shit ton" of content if you just want a bunch of mini-adventures. The classes all are interesting. Not sure there is much else out there that compares for "free" ... perhaps RIFT.

add in a few dungeons and yeah this is how I play it

jipjipjip

Trakanon Raider
How would this game be for someone looking for kind of a "figure it out yourself and explore the world, fuck hand holding" kind of UO experience?
I've been playing Black Desert since launch and kind of want something else to play, I can't tell if this game is more theme park or just do whatever the fuck you want.

Noahx

N00b
If you didn't look at the minimap .. you could wander around for months doing shit and finding places to explore/quests etc.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I fired this up on PS4 because I have been bored. Decided to check out some changes and such. Response time from button press on my controller to action on screen is STILL abysmal. I mean holy hannah - shit still doesn't even register with special abilities every 1-2 presses of any specific button. I like the changes to leveling, purely because everything was so poorly tuned to begin with it actually somewhat works now. Lots of eye rolling worthy/terrible dialogue written by the "Loremaster" who is, was, and will continue to be God Awful cringeworthy. I mean, it's laughably bad how some of this was approved. But then this was...

approved... and so it's pretty funny imagining this idiot in this youtube video while I read through some of the awful dialogue.

I'll try a few dungeons again for shits and giggles. But good lord I am not sure how anyone things this is good story / questing content.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wait a minute. I just found out the abilities one wants to use in game only activate when you RELEASE the button. Not press it. Is this true?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So a thing or two I confirmed last night.

1) On PS4, someone decided it would be a good idea to have spells/abilities activate when RELEASING the button on a PS4 controller, not when it is pressed. I thought that was a scapegoat I read thinking someone from ZO said that when they were covering for ability lag, but nope. I held down the button, and it only fired when I would release it. Mind blown.

2) You can now go through the entire main quest line without having to do anything else. So I am going to see just how bad they messed up the main story line for shits and giggles.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The level scaling system is very sweet if youre just trying to check out the games content. I dunno how it works when you hit champion levels or whatever the shit it is though, highest guy is only like 40

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So still playing on PS4. I hate to say it, but since it is free anyway I ended up getting a little hooked. Played last night for about 3-4 hours, hit level 10 early on and started doing some dungeons in dungeon finder. And also going through the solo main quest.

So far, it's weird because I have zero communication with anyone in the dungeon. And a lot of the encounters are fairly simple. Stay out of the red crap and hit the boss with everything you've got. I also went to a few more of those anchor things and the place is packed with people trying to get loot from there from the chest.

Not sure how long this will last but I was bored last night and kind of got into it. Plus I was being paired with dumb shits for my 2's ranked in Rocket League and dropped 3 divisions and had had enough of idiots.

I am playing a sorc and really, I am not sure what is even a good build as their are so many options. Right now I am firing things from my staff, and in AE situations in dungeons I started using lightning. I also have a freeze trap now so I do not have to use a root that I got early on. I screwed around with some mage quests which I am thinking I should do because there seem to be some good talent skills there. I am completely 100% unsure where to put my stat allocation. Health, Stam, or Magicka. I kept reading that I should go purely stamina/health and not even worry about magicka which is weird.

Anyone know of what to do here? I just like to blow things up from range.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So still playing on PS4. I hate to say it, but since it is free anyway I ended up getting a little hooked. Played last night for about 3-4 hours, hit level 10 early on and started doing some dungeons in dungeon finder. And also going through the solo main quest.

So far, it's weird because I have zero communication with anyone in the dungeon. And a lot of the encounters are fairly simple. Stay out of the red crap and hit the boss with everything you've got. I also went to a few more of those anchor things and the place is packed with people trying to get loot from there from the chest.

Not sure how long this will last but I was bored last night and kind of got into it. Plus I was being paired with dumb shits for my 2's ranked in Rocket League and dropped 3 divisions and had had enough of idiots.

I am playing a sorc and really, I am not sure what is even a good build as their are so many options. Right now I am firing things from my staff, and in AE situations in dungeons I started using lightning. I also have a freeze trap now so I do not have to use a root that I got early on. I screwed around with some mage quests which I am thinking I should do because there seem to be some good talent skills there. I am completely 100% unsure where to put my stat allocation. Health, Stam, or Magicka. I kept reading that I should go purely stamina/health and not even worry about magicka which is weird.

Anyone know of what to do here? I just like to blow things up from range.

This fucking guy! You're gonna buy a Nintendo Switch too! Don't front!

• 1Salty