The Elder Scrolls Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well he was magicka, so I'm working up his bow skills a bit, seems good but so many differnt builds of it since like june. Went with 5 VO and 5 NMG but my 5th VO piece is a hat lol so couldnt do 2pc velidreth just velidreth shoulders. got bow and DW. Should be able to play around with him today.

The video didnt really say what gear and skills unless I have to watch it all. I listened along and watched his scrolling combat text to find his skills, then read some builds on the official forums. Seems more fun than magicka sorc, which was just relying on crit surge to heal but this stam sorc has crit surge and bloodthirst, plus resolving vigor and dark deal.

Last edited:

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Gold edition is 50% off on PSN right now, thinking about finally giving it a try. Looks like for ten dollars more I can get the Gold Premium edition and get 5500 crowns as well? Kind of an odd thing to make a whole seperate edition for.... is it worth the extra 10 bucks?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Curious how Homestead is working out? Better or worse than EQ2 housing (sorry that's the only standard I have to go by).

PvP worth a dime?

Are they really going to try Morrowind? Curious how they pull that off in MMO form. Community rolling their eyes or excited?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Meh seems like necropotence magsorcs with pets are better dps now than stam sorcs.. specially for VMA. Here I just got my stamsorc race changed and all, lol

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Watched a video recently of some "crate openings" which are becoming more and more common. Guy spent $100 and got about 10 different items in total and almost everything was duplicated 6x. He had one armor set that showed up literally 20x.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
gimme a build for the top pve class! gonna casual it up on console, why not

wife will complain less if im sitting on the couch next to her -_-

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I bought like 2 sets of the 5000 crown crate package hoping to get storm atronach mount, got none. It sucks, bunch of potions crafting gems and riding lessons. I extracted them for gems and got a mind shriven mount. My other account I got two storm atronach mounts within one 5000 crown crate package buy. Lot of the costume stuff shows up a lot too. It sucks I'm not buying crates anymore for sure, and def not buying any riding lessons or bank space increases.

Depends what class you want for a build, I usually just browse the ESO forums its more up to date, deltia's gaming has builds but some arent updated for latest housing patch.
Combat & Character Mechanics

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Picked this up the other day just to check things out. Level 14 and I feel like a baby back bitch, leveling feels slow as well. Can't help but feel like I've done something wrong. Maybe 2hand DK isnt the way to go?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been playing that stamina sorcerer build and it's pretty fast paced, but if I get sloppy on the rotation I can die fast. Probably going to go back to a magic at some point not that I'm 50 and working on champion points.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I swapped from stam sorc to magicka necropotence setup and it's pretty fun. It's not always the best DPS on groups unless its AE but I have ton of survivability and when retards die in lightning on molag kena hardmode (white gold tower) or lord dusk (imperial city prison) my pets usually end up tanking the boss (wut) and since they seem to never die I have plenty of time to ward+rez. I tried that stam sorc in VMA and it was yeah very fast paced and just pain in the butt getting around to each monster everywhere as melee ranged.

As for VMA, omagud, necropotence setup made it so easy rofl. I also just made a dual wield/2h nightblade for pvp but think I'm going to swap him to bow, being in melee range during zergs is just a death wish. It is fun for ganking but its hard as hell to get away, I try to cloak for invis but some dot always breaks it. Also gonna look into pvp sorc, leveling one of those too.

If you're risky like me, you can go to alkir desert and afk at one of the dolmens, use like a repeater key setup or what not and you can AFK to 50, lol. Buddy got a 72 hour suspension after doing it for a few weeks, I haven't been busted yet, but screw leveling alts the normal way. Takes lot of work after that though, spent like 5-6 zones getting mage guild books and skyshards for skill points.

Goonsquad Officer
how is ESO these days? anyone have a quick rundown? is EoS full of instances? does it have an economy? and end game?

some friends looking for a game to play together.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
very casual games, lots of instances, yes eco with different crafting stuff, end-game is 12 man "raid" or big map threesome(3 factions) pvp.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
how is ESO these days? anyone have a quick rundown? is EoS full of instances? does it have an economy? and end game?

some friends looking for a game to play together.

Casual with a capital C. Ask sukik sukik hes the go to on that and LOTRO.

For what it's worth I had a good time recently subbing and running around for a few days.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My friends are all morrowinding. Sounds kinda fun.

606.jpg

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly I can't believe all the issues that still exist in this game.

You still have instance issues, que issues, character balance issues..combine that with the fact that addons are the same ones that basically existed 3 years ago.

Gear progression is purely RNG which is annoying as fuck, need that Divine helm on anal slaying in plate? Well fuck off, you get the Divine helm of anal slaying in cloth.

Best weapon in the game hidden behind solo arena RNG progression.

Auction house? Nope, guild vendors that you have to visit ONE BY ONE...

Character houses are a Pokemon game in the cash shop, gotta collect them all! Don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on houses? Fuck you then go and get millions of gold in the aids system that is the trade market.

I guess the only plus to the housing system in this game is it isn't FFXIV, that system is cancer as fuck.

That said, I still log in and research. Maybe eventually I'll be done with the riveting game-play in ESO.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Or you could just use Search - Tamriel Trade Centre and not be a big girl.

OR...

They could use an auction system that isn't outright pants-on-head levels of stupid.

Why people defend the "Auction house" system that ESO has is beyond me. It doesn't immerse you or better your experience, it:
  • Forces you to join a guild you couldn't give less of a shit about just to maintain a numbers quota to sell and trade things internally or buy a trader spot.
  • Forces you to 3rd party sites to trade things.
  • Forces you to spam in-game. (I hated trading in EQ1 too, it was cancer aids but at least I could set myself up as a merchant in a zone (after what 2 expansions?) and sell my own shit.)
After they copy-pasted so much of the game from other games, I don't understand why they drew the line here...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users