The Elder Scrolls Online

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember buying the lastest expansion and just getting to the part where I got a companion then New World came out and I went there. Never came back to this.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Anything else besides the card game? New zone, dungeon and a raid is given but what else did they bring to the big annual expansion this time? I watched the trailer but well "card game"?

Xerge

<Donor>
Anything else besides the card game? New zone, dungeon and a raid is given but what else did they bring to the big annual expansion this time? I watched the trailer but well "card game"?
Yeah that was my reaction. it's the major feature added for the year.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was my reaction. it's the major feature added for the year.

Don't forget you also get to buy the expansion 25% complete and either subscribe or pay for the 3 DLC's to actually see the expansion through. That's a nifty feature!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Don't forget you also get to buy the expansion 25% complete and either subscribe or pay for the 3 DLC's to actually see the expansion through. That's a nifty feature!
but its a year long story you get to experience as it unfolds!

• 1Double Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I just cannot believe people buy into their horseshit business model.

$39.99 for the expansion.

Then you are treated to spending $14.99 x 3 to complete the expansion via DLC which should have been included in the expansion.

So you get to play High Isle in it's entirety for the bargain price of $84.96 released piece meal over a year.

For a grand total of an average of 15 hours of content at best without fluff. :p

There really are some dumb mother fuckers out there aren't there.

Now yes, I do get it - you can also pay the sub and get the DLC included. So pay $14.99 for a month at the tail end of an expansion and blast through the entire 7 hours of combined DLC in one play setting than cancel. One would think they may want to adjust that business model so people either stay subscribed, or up the entry price of the expansion to $59.99 and include the DLC throughout the year. Rather, they do not know their ass from a hole in the ground and cause upgrade confusion with 4 different packages of which none of them include the DLC anyway.

What a mind fuck these guys are. But I forget, it's Firor still isn't it? So that explains a lot.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There's a lot to like about this game and it has tons of content, but after 2 weeks of getting back into the game the combat just bore me so much that it overshadows the good aspect of this game.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I agree. Tons of shit to do in the game but getting it all done is boring as fuck. This game needs a massive combat overhaul. Or some more skills added to classes or something.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
The combat itself has a lot of depth and nuance however in execution it's boring to look at and interact with. That and after experiencing New World's world interaction, ESO just feels fucking stale now.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been casually playing this again, and combat fatigue is for real the biggest issue I've found. Finally leveled a Templar to 50 and have 90 Champion points, but already want to switch classes just to mix up some of my combat loop. Multiple weapons and their skill lines just don't feel good at all, and I constantly find myself just rotating back to 2handers and Destruction Staves.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I wish they have New World combat animation and response, not that is the best, but a lot better than ESO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had fun playing the game, but when it was about time to start being serious about DPS and doing end game.. I lost all interest. Xerge started showing me videos of all the little "tips and tricks" on how to maximize dps and I was not amused. Other than the combat, the games fun to dick around in when you have nothing better to play. Really liked some zones and for w/e reason I loved the Archaeology shit.

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The constant weapon swapping to apply 15 second buffs or whatever is just dogshit. As everyone is saying the world and content are the best in the industry to me - the combat is just not aging well at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I had fun playing the game, but when it was about time to start being serious about DPS and doing end game.. I lost all interest. Xerge started showing me videos of all the little "tips and tricks" on how to maximize dps and I was not amused. Other than the combat, the games fun to dick around in when you have nothing better to play. Really liked some zones and for w/e reason I loved the Archaeology shit.

The constant weapon swapping to apply 15 second buffs or whatever is just dogshit. As everyone is saying the world and content are the best in the industry to me - the combat is just not aging well at all.
This is pretty much where I'm at. "optimizing" builds makes me hate playing the class, any class. So I said fuck it and rolled a 2h stamina necromancer and just death knight around like a boss. hate weapon swapping so much I just use identical 2h on both bars, with rarely used/long lasting buffs on the back bar and main skills on the front bar. Choose buff skills not based on optimizing but based on increasing the buff time so I dont have to swap that much. spend 90% of my time on the front bar just crushing dudes. The game is easy enough to solo non-veteran dungeons, and you can always get carried if you desperately want an item unlocked so why bother trying hard, just have fun.

Since there's nothing else to play right now I just dick around in this casually and i'm having a blast actually. just roaming around doing metric fuckton of content.

My biggest issue with the game is they don't know what the fuck a recurring payment is. I have subscribed for a recurring ESO+ membership now 4 times. They bill me for a month or 2 automatically and then just magically cancel my subscription and stop billing me. I don't notice until my inventory is suddenly fucking full. Like wtf. Take my money you retards. Do you not know what recurring means? This last time they just stopped billing me because I hadn't logged in I guess, I was deployed for a month and didn't have internet.

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So a new mythic ring came out especially for 1 bar builds. I spent the better part of the afternoon leveling scrying and farming for this ring but it solves so many problems:

1656585211388.png

1656585224352.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'm one of the few who prefers bar swapping over 3 bars of hotkeys I guess
edit: whoops I guess you play this game so you didn't need an explanation on how it works. Bar swapping is fine in most MMOs, but this is weapon swapping with its animations and associated delays between ability uses.

If you are talking about hotbar swapping then you are not alone, I always hotbar swap instead of taking up half my screen in hotbars.

but in ESO you weapon swap between weapon 1 and weapon 2 which requires an animation to sheath and unsheath your weapon, just to get to your backbar which are mostly just short duration buffs or attacks that grant buffs, between 12-40 seconds.

That top bar isn't a hotbar, it's my active buffs, they are all permanent, no duration ticking down and no constantly having to swap weapons to refresh a buff.

Last edited: