The Expanse

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
you cant shake that shit. i only live in kentucky for 3 years, and moved away 30 plus years ago, and that shit comes right back talking to family.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

pretty sure makeup, as it changes from time to time
1610562309508.png

b5d387105e91ca3deb7c0d8bf9f5d009.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you notice, her accent changes around who she is talking to. Which is what people do IRL. I used to work with a guy from Kentucky who's accent would switch in an instant if he was talking with people from "back home" vs. the accent he used in the office.

fair enough, but she isn't even consistent with it. she clips different consonants all the time when talking to belters. they're an emotional lot as well, everyone was getting all misty eyed for one reason or another. marco is also playing the zealot really well.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The final scene of this last episode... fucking lol. Give me a break.

Cybsled

They actually handled it as realistically as you could, though. She does a few things right: Right as she opens the airlock door she forcibly exhales all her air from her lungs (to prevent her lungs from expanding and basically rupturing), she launches towards the other ship, and she uses the emergency oxygenated blood to keep herself alive/ conscious a bit longer before deoxygenated blood causes her to pass out (Holden used one on the reporter woman a few episodes back to revive her). You'll notice that once she is inside the ship, she is all fucked up.

It's not like shitty movies where people instantly become iceblocks or explode like balloons.

Here is a good summary of what happens to a body in space

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, and they set up how strong the super oxygenated blood injection was previously so it's not nearly as stupid as the Leia shit people are comparing it to. Not it's my favorite thing, but it's not as bad as all that.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I actually think marco is a good actor and doing a good job, you can tell he put a lot of work into the roll. But god naomi just radiates terrible in a way that spoils the effort he's putting into things.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I actually think marco is a good actor and doing a good job, you can tell he put a lot of work into the roll. But god naomi just radiates terrible in a way that spoils the effort he's putting into things.
Yeah I think the dude plays celebrity jihadist perfect. I actually like the character but I want to see him get smashed.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Naomi the actor and Holden the character are so insufferably bad I had to give up.

Khane

Holden can be fine when he's not being a howdy doody boy scout. But he's often a howdy doody boy scout.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Do people think when you go into space it's instantly the scene from Total Recall? I'm confused.

• 1Worf

Khane

You guys can argue whether it's possible all you want. Naomi jumping from one ship directly to the door hatch of another that was seemingly hundreds of yards away through open space and succeeding was just fucking stupid.

There are a lot of things that happen in TV shows and movies that may technically be possible, if the stars align, but they're still stupid to watch.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Do people think when you go into space it's instantly the scene from Total Recall? I'm confused.
Uh, considering how cold the vacuum of space is, I'd expect some pretty catastrophic effects immediately on anything life that is composed of mainly water

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Uh, considering how cold the vacuum of space is, I'd expect some pretty catastrophic effects immediately on anything life that is composed of mainly water

If you exhale, you can live unprotected in space for up to 3.5 minutes. I'm not sure if that is where you thought the threshold would be or not, but thats what you're looking at.

anything after 90-120 seconds though and some really nasty things start happening.