The Fast Food Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
McDonalds is fucking poison why does anyone eat that shit.
I'd contend that the quarter pounder with cheese (what I usually get) isn't that unhealthy compared to a home-cooked burger with cheap store-bought beef and enriched white flour buns. And that's not that unhealthy if eaten in moderation (<1 a week without eating similar foods inbetween).

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Isn't Franklins regarded as the best Texas BBQ
Probably more from the mainstream exposure. There are a lot of great Bbq places in Texas. When I lived here I went to Salt Lick and Black's. I still have food dreams of the Salt Lick beef ribs.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Probably more from the mainstream exposure. There are a lot of great Bbq places in Texas. When I lived here I went to Salt Lick and Black's. I still have food dreams of the Salt Lick beef ribs.

1000010501.jpg

Funny timing. I haven't used my kamado Joe in a couple of years and just listed it on FB marketplace. I have a very big grill dealership at the end of my road and went there today for first time in ages because I needed some more gas for my weed burner.

They've really expanded their range of grills accessories and rubs. All imported from the USA. Getting the KJ prepped to sell and walking in made me want to keep hold of it. But I got braces earlier this month and can't see myself cooking ribs etc anytime soon

Anyway, they had this rub reduced to £6 everything else because of import prices was like £15 for a rub lol, ridiculous money.

A guy was meant to pay me a holding fee today but hasnt yet. I'll cook some short ribs this weekend and see what else I can cook until it's sold

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've seen those in gas stations sometimes, pretty legit, and yeah they don't skip. Kinda pricy tho, but what isn't

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Use to smash bags of those rye chips. So damn good. Definitely under the radar snack.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I routinely grab those rye chips on long car rides. So good. They also had a pizza version of their regular mixed bag, but while they tasted amazing, the bag only had like three of the chips and a million goddamn pretzels. I hope they come out with just a chip bag of those as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I guess this is the catch-all food thread - was back at my moms in Ft Worth last week and she told me there was a BBQ place 15 minutes from her house that was better than Heim's called Goldees. Drove out there... Ho-lee shit. If you're in the metroplex ever, I reckon its the best burnt ends in the United States. Possibly the best food I've ever had. Already planning a visit here when football season starts to go to a TCU game and take some fella's out to Goldees.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I guess this is the catch-all food thread - was back at my moms in Ft Worth last week and she told me there was a BBQ place 15 minutes from her house that was better than Heim's called Goldees. Drove out there... Ho-lee shit. If you're in the metroplex ever, I reckon its the best burnt ends in the United States. Possibly the best food I've ever had. Already planning a visit here when football season starts to go to a TCU game and take some fella's out to Goldees.
The video I posted on Saturday was 2 brits going to Goldee's. Nice to have a local opinion as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I made my yearly Culvers trip while visiting in-laws in rural Minnesota recently. God damn I wish we had them back east. Burger was fantastic and I love me a cement mixer. Cheese curds always a treat.

But then again I'm sure a lot of the quality has to do with the staffing of small town Midwest versus the staffing you'd get in the urban sprawl hellscape of DC/Baltimore.
The Culver's near me in central Florida is pretty great.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard

Picked up a bag of these off Amazon and it had way more chips than I expected. It was like 3/4 full with these thick chips and wasn't mostly air.

View attachment 538994
Just to clear something up...the "air" in chip bags is not just empty space. The bag is filled with a gas to preserve the freshness of the product.

Don't think these rye bread chips need the extra step in preserving freshness.

Sorry for the rant, just one of those things that is so over played that it has become a sore spot for me.
Anyways, carry on.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Got two Whopper Jr's for $6 today. Jesus fuck what happened. I remember them being "normal" burgers and whoppers being large burgers, but these things were fucking small. Like, new buns and everything. Fucking sucks.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Got two Whopper Jr's for $6 today. Jesus fuck what happened. I remember them being "normal" burgers and whoppers being large burgers, but these things were fucking small. Like, new buns and everything. Fucking sucks.
McD's gets alot of shit over prices and stuff, but BK is pretty bad. It used to be 2 for 5 Whoppers, then it went 2 for 6. Next thing you know it's 2 Whopper jr's for 5 bucks and now 6.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users