The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As a franchise, are they even allowed to do that? I mean, the iconic burger of BK is a whopper (that has a tomato slice or two). Can a local store cheap out and purposefully alter BK products like that?
No they aren't - probably a dumbfuck employee making shit up. I'd send an email to corporate thought if you care enough.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Are you new to this thread? Mac & Cheetos are exactly the kind of thing this thread is built upon!! This isn't some hipster fast food thread. We're about ALL fast food!
Bro, I know you're new here an all, but we don't call them Mac & Cheetos here. We call them Mac & McCheesetos.

Anyone mention Taco Bell doing away with the green sauce? Very little point left in life after that bomb. I hope for ya'll it's just local.
No, I found that out a month or so ago here in KC. I was truly disappoint.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
There's a BK near me that was closed for a while, but about a month ago I saw it was open again, and decided to go get my Whopper on. The wait at the drive thru was long like usual, and then the guy in front of me just pulled out and left. I get up to the speaker, and its still got the breakfast menu up, even though its like 12:30.

"......yea, what?!"
"Umm, is it still breakfast, or is it lunch?"
"Its after noon, does it look like its still breakfast?!?!"
"Well the menu is still up, so I was asking."
"Well I'm the only goddamn one here and I haven't had a chance to go out and change it yet. Is that alright with you?!"

The Taco Bell from across the street was delicious.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
As a franchise, are they even allowed to do that? I mean, the iconic burger of BK is a whopper (that has a tomato slice or two). Can a local store cheap out and purposefully alter BK products like that?
No, but i know there was a time in the last few years where there was a huge shortage of tomatoes. I remember somewhere having a sign up that said tomatoes were by request only and wouldn't be included otherwise. Think maybe it was a Wendys

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
No, but i know there was a time in the last few years where there was a huge shortage of tomatoes. I remember somewhere having a sign up that said tomatoes were by request only and wouldn't be included otherwise. Think maybe it was a Wendys
Yeah there was like a 6 month period where the Wendy's around here had no tomato. Just a quick look, it was apparently in 2011 and it was because two of the farms that supplied Wendy's had shitty crops from bad weather.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have been told on two separate occasions by our local McDonalds that they did not have a manager and were not taking money right now. How the fuck does that happen?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i assume they just weren't taking cash. gotta have a manager there to open the safe and dole out cash register tills.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had sonic again. The burger was actually pretty good. Fries were probably the worst I've ever had at a fast food place. I didn't get tots because last time I got them they were all smooshed

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pocket tots. It's the fast food equivalent of giving someone the finger.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the fuck? so everyone was standing around on the clock while they weren't making any money? wtf.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
the fuck? so everyone was standing around on the clock while they weren't making any money? wtf.
Maybe they had a mass management exodus. I know that happened with a Hardees we used to have here. All the managers decided to quit one day. It's also happened at the BK here as well.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Radditsu said it was two separate occasions at the same McD's. Still could be all the managers quitting, but damn if so.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So, there's this burrito/wrap place that local around here and they just opened one up near me. Checked it out and holy good is it good, and their "large" wraps are about 2 to 3 times the size of a Chipotle Burrito, it's rigoddamndiculous.

Here's a large one:
thumb_600.jpg

That's the "country boy" which is filled with pulled pork, bacon, turkey, potato salad, hard boiled eggs, cheese, and honey mustard. Goddamn it was so good but I could only eat about half of it in 1 sitting.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They should've called it BBQ in a Blanket instead! That's hilariously gluttonous. I like it.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
The burrito chain up here that is an imitation Chipotle has been shrinking portions like crazy. They were always wildly inconsistent in portion sizes across their stores, but now no matter where I go the large is the size of the medium a year ago. Fucking bullshit.