The Feminism Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Matt-Hughes.gif

You're not going to have much luck arguing that non-political discussion of feminism belongs in the politics thread more than it does in the feminism thread.

If you make a niche thread for every topic being discussed than you can always argue that the discussion of that topic belongs there rather than in a general thread. That's a fine tautology you've constructed there.

We've already got the Gamergate thread in PC Gaming and the Butthurt white guys thread in Screenshots. There was no need for this thread. It is going to die a death and before it dies the conversation had within it will mostly be about why it's dumb. It's a borderline Tuco containment thread.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Matt-Hughes.gif

You're not going to have much luck arguing that non-political discussion of feminism belongs in the politics thread more than it does in the feminism thread.

Then respond to my post. How the fuck do you discuss domestic politics, where intersectional feminism is even more influential over the Democrats today than Evangelical Christianity was over the GOP even at the height of Reagan, when one can't discuss feminism now without being infracted?

Explain to me how to discuss current progressive/liberal political thought without it. Please.

Meanwhile Russia is literally used as a frequent distraction from real politics, a deliberate discussion tool to sideline attention that the MSM loves, but talking Russia is fine? Fucking backwards, man.

I like you Tuco, I do, but deep down I really hope you can see just how stupid this is.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Utnayan Utnayan please feel free to answer as well, since you want this shit out of politics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Bill did it to himself.

Perhaps, but I sure wish I could walk away with multi million dollar payouts in exchange for having to endure a few hurty words and verbal objectification. Three million in exchange for insulting my man purse and saying you like how my ass looks in jeans? Sign me the fuck up.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you make a niche thread for every topic being discussed than you can always argue that the discussion of that topic belongs there rather than in a general thread. That's a fine tautology you've constructed there.

We've already got the Gamergate thread in PC Gaming and the Butthurt white guys thread in Screenshots. There was no need for this thread. It is going to die a death and before it dies the conversation had within it will mostly be about why it's dumb. It's a borderline Tuco containment thread.

Then respond to my post. How the fuck do you discuss domestic politics, where intersectional feminism is even more influential over the Democrats today than Evangelical Christianity was over the GOP even at the height of Reagan, when one can't discuss feminism now without being infracted?

Explain to me how to discuss current progressive/liberal political thought without it. Please.

Meanwhile Russia is literally used as a frequent distraction from real politics, a deliberate discussion tool to sideline attention that the MSM loves, but talking Russia is fine? Fucking backwards, man.

I like you Tuco, I do, but deep down I really hope you can see just how stupid this is.
My opinion is that there's a threshold of content amount and relation to "politics" that was crossed in yesterday's political thread that warranted a thread split.

When I logged on and saw the same massive text walls from Lithose, Mist's feminist stuff, a bunch of personal accounts of feminism and thoughts from different members, I decided to act in a way to better this fine community and created a thread for this topic.

There's a lot of amazing things going on in the world of politics right now. So much that one thread in this sizable community can't cover it. My opinion is that the community can best discuss it with multiple threads, and feminism is such an active topic that it belongs in the same tier as the middle east, North Korea and black relations.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The dude propbably made more money from the books he didnt even write himself than he did from the show. Fuck him if true. And if not true, who cares, the dude should of retired by now.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was more referring to the idea of people wanting to go back to a world where my only worth in life is to rip my vag open spitting out kids, then spend years doing nothing but cleaning up shit, piss and vomit and having people expect me to feel fulfilled from such an important duty. That shit can fuck right the hell off.

A feminism thread on a forum that is populated by probably 98% male. Yea, I see this going well.

• 1Triggered
  • 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Whats your worth now? Being a wage slave in some "career" then when its too late, realize you are now a old bat, single, with 10 cats?

Or married without kids? Whats the point? Or married with kids having strangers raise them, until a day comes you realize they are now adults and you dont even know them?

You got sold on a bunch of bullshit. Wife, mother is the cornerstone of any family.

I didn't get sold on shit. I have never wanted kids. A life as a slave to the house would be a life not worth living and I'd 100% rather be dead than live it. I love my job, even if it's shitty and frustrating sometimes. Married without kids is perfectly fine with me. Can spend the money we would have used to raise a new generation of shitheads traveling the world instead (what's left of it after Islam anyway). Are you going to show the same judgement to my BF for not wanting kids as well? What's the point for him?

Both my parents still worked full-time while raising my brother and I. It was still my mom we got to see the most because of my dad's job schedule as an ATC. We know both my parents like the back of our hands still. My mom's career let her see the world, including Israel, Pakistan, Iraq, etc. Once my brother and I grew up and my mom had just been stay at home, the fuck would she do then? Sit around all day or take some stupid greeter job just to get out of the house for the rest of her life? When she looks back when her time's coming, is the only thing she's allowed to be proud of in life are the accomplishments of her kids? Not that there's anything wrong with that part, but what about herself?

My grandmother was the same way. She worked a successful career going up the ranks at AT&T and still managed to create a family of successful children and grandchildren. And we got the added bonus of hearing her stories of traveling China, Japan, Australia, Africa, etc. She'd have been miserable being stuck at home.

Now I'll be the first person to tell you that today's feminism is a bunch of hot fucking garbage and has done nothing but tear down everything the old feminists worked to achieve. Are women and men equal? No, they're really not and I will never argue that they are. Women tend to like certain shit, men tend to like other certain shit. Men are obviously going to be much, much more likely to handle physical work than the vast majority of women. Anyone arguing those things is fucking delusional. But surely there's some balance between today's insane feminist ideas and just kicking women out of the workforce and shackling them to the kitchen.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Whats your worth now? Being a wage slave in some "career" then when its too late, realize you are now a old bat, single, with 10 cats? for waht? To buy a bigger McMansion? fillout your shoe closet better? Bigger and badder BMW?

Or married without kids? Whats the point? Or married with kids having strangers raise them, until a day comes you realize they are now adults and you dont even know them?

You got sold on a bunch of bullshit. Wife, mother is the cornerstone of any family.
well said.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My grandmother was the same way. She worked a successful career going up the ranks at AT&T and still managed to create a family of successful children and grandchildren. And we got the added bonus of hearing her stories of traveling China, Japan, Australia, Africa, etc. She'd have been miserable being stuck at home.
This is something that these autists never get.

Even if you were to accept that a statistical majority number of women prefer a certain domestic lifestyle, there would still be large numbers of individual women who do not.

Feminism: The Radical Notion That Women Actually Get to Choose What Kind of Life They Want to Live.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Even if you were to accept that a statistical majority number of women prefer a certain domestic lifestyle, there would still be large numbers of individual women who do not.

Feminism: The Radical Notion That Women Actually Get to Choose What Kind of Life They Want to Live.
Shut up cunt

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never said that we should kick them all out of the workforce. I just think that majority of females are sold on a bunch of bullshit from the start. Gotta go to college, gotta get career, gotta get that manager....All the while the fertile 20s and 30s slip by them and then they realize it was all for nothing. more $$ for more shit. While they down anti anxiety, anti depression meds in record numbers, all to feel numb to it all. But enjoy your worldly travels.

As to your husband, I cant speak for him, but I can speak for myself and I would never get married if it wasnt for wanting to have a family. I got part time love all I needed when I wanted it when I was single.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd like to tell women to get back in the kitchen but we all know men are superior cooks.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Never said that we should kick them all out of the workforce. I just think that majority of females are sold on a bunch of bullshit from the start. Gotta go to college, gotta get career, gotta get that manager....All the while the fertile 20s and 30s slip by them and then they realize it was all for nothing. more $$ for more shit. While they down anti anxiety, anti depression meds in record numbers, all to feel numb to it all. But enjoy your worldly travels.
Fucking feminism is literally making our species worse. Babies born to women in their mid thirties + is fucking our society

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Mist chose to be living with her mom and earning 40k/yr in her late 30s.

• 4Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Have you not been paying attention to the current brand of Feminism? The new players have been attacking what they can "Choice Feminism" for years now.

2zye8tt.png

• 2Like
Status
Not open for further replies.