The Feminism Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I didn't get sold on shit. I have never wanted kids. A life as a slave to the house would be a life not worth living and I'd 100% rather be dead than live it. I love my job, even if it's shitty and frustrating sometimes. Married without kids is perfectly fine with me. Can spend the money we would have used to raise a new generation of shitheads traveling the world instead (what's left of it after Islam anyway). Are you going to show the same judgement to my BF for not wanting kids as well? What's the point for him?

Both my parents still worked full-time while raising my brother and I. It was still my mom we got to see the most because of my dad's job schedule as an ATC. We know both my parents like the back of our hands still. My mom's career let her see the world, including Israel, Pakistan, Iraq, etc. Once my brother and I grew up and my mom had just been stay at home, the fuck would she do then? Sit around all day or take some stupid greeter job just to get out of the house for the rest of her life? When she looks back when her time's coming, is the only thing she's allowed to be proud of in life are the accomplishments of her kids? Not that there's anything wrong with that part, but what about herself?

My grandmother was the same way. She worked a successful career going up the ranks at AT&T and still managed to create a family of successful children and grandchildren. And we got the added bonus of hearing her stories of traveling China, Japan, Australia, Africa, etc. She'd have been miserable being stuck at home.

Now I'll be the first person to tell you that today's feminism is a bunch of hot fucking garbage and has done nothing but tear down everything the old feminists worked to achieve. Are women and men equal? No, they're really not and I will never argue that they are. Women tend to like certain shit, men tend to like other certain shit. Men are obviously going to be much, much more likely to handle physical work than the vast majority of women. Anyone arguing those things is fucking delusional. But surely there's some balance between today's insane feminist ideas and just kicking women out of the workforce and shackling them to the kitchen.

Muh lived experiences.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Never said that we should kick them all out of the workforce. I just think that majority of females are sold on a bunch of bullshit from the start. Gotta go to college, gotta get career, gotta get that manager....All the while the fertile 20s and 30s slip by them and then they realize it was all for nothing. more $$ for more shit. While they down anti anxiety, anti depression meds in record numbers, all to feel numb to it all. But enjoy your worldly travels.

The whole push for everyone to go to college in general I think is pretty stupid. College doesn't work for everyone and a lot of people are just too stupid to even handle it. Then there's the morons getting gender studies degrees then bitching about not being able to make money all because of the patriarchy and certainly not because they don't have any useful skills.

And sure, there's plenty of women that realize maybe they wanted kids and they missed it. Lots of people are going to get stuck with regrets about shit they could've done but didn't and now it's too late. As far as not being fertile anymore, then they can go adopt. You can also find plenty of stories of women who were brought up with the dream of the stay at home mom and how awesome that would be and then they find that it's boring as all hell and they hate it. Only they're shamed into not bitching about it as much because they're supposed to enjoy and feel fulfilled by changing diapers and cleaning all day. It's just as much of a crock of shit as absolutely having to go to college and have a career.

You may not have said it but there were plenty of responses here and in the politics thread that having women work at all is a mistake and is ruining the country. I'm not going to tell someone either way what choices to make in their life, but what's important to me is that the choice to do either (or both) is there.

• 3Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My opinion is that there's a threshold of content amount and relation to "politics" that was crossed in yesterday's political thread that warranted a thread split.

When I logged on and saw the same massive text walls from Lithose, Mist's feminist stuff, a bunch of personal accounts of feminism and thoughts from different members, I decided to act in a way to better this fine community and created a thread for this topic.

There's a lot of amazing things going on in the world of politics right now. So much that one thread in this sizable community can't cover it. My opinion is that the community can best discuss it with multiple threads, and feminism is such an active topic that it belongs in the same tier as the middle east, North Korea and black relations.

Why cut feminism, the staple of one party, while leaving shit like Russia there which is a literal distraction tool in current politics?

Honestly maybe a domestic and foreign politics split might work. Just not this one. Especially not in this sausage party environment too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The whole push for everyone to go to college in general I think is pretty stupid. College doesn't work for everyone and a lot of people are just too stupid to even handle it. Then there's the morons getting gender studies degrees then bitching about not being able to make money all because of the patriarchy and certainly not because they don't have any useful skills.

And sure, there's plenty of women that realize maybe they wanted kids and they missed it. Lots of people are going to get stuck with regrets about shit they could've done but didn't and now it's too late. As far as not being fertile anymore, then they can go adopt. You can also find plenty of stories of women who were brought up with the dream of the stay at home mom and how awesome that would be and then they find that it's boring as all hell and they hate it. Only they're shamed into not bitching about it as much because they're supposed to enjoy and feel fulfilled by changing diapers and cleaning all day. It's just as much of a crock of shit as absolutely having to go to college and have a career.

You may not have said it but there were plenty of responses here and in the politics thread that having women work at all is a mistake and is ruining the country. I'm not going to tell someone either way what choices to make in their life, but what's important to me is that the choice to do either (or both) is there.

Im all for choice, but society is really pushing women to it, they have a choice or is it really a mirage at this point? they even shame women these days for wanting to stay at home and raise their family, its a shame, really.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think all these threads should be merged back into politics. Social engineering, feminism and democratic party thread.

• 3Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Was more referring to the idea of people wanting to go back to a world where my only worth in life is to rip my vag open spitting out kids, then spend years doing nothing but cleaning up shit, piss and vomit and having people expect me to feel fulfilled from such an important duty. That shit can fuck right the hell off.

yep corporate wage slavery is more noble than continuing the lineage your ancestors struggle fought and died for.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My opinion is that there's a threshold of content amount and relation to "politics" that was crossed in yesterday's political thread that warranted a thread split.

When I logged on and saw the same massive text walls from Lithose, Mist's feminist stuff, a bunch of personal accounts of feminism and thoughts from different members, I decided to act in a way to better this fine community and created a thread for this topic.

There's a lot of amazing things going on in the world of politics right now. So much that one thread in this sizable community can't cover it. My opinion is that the community can best discuss it with multiple threads, and feminism is such an active topic that it belongs in the same tier as the middle east, North Korea and black relations.

So, in other words, it's not a topic you're particularly interested in discussing, and you'd rather it be moved to its own thread instead of just ignoring/glossing over said content? Poor little snowflake Tuco.

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Feminism: The Radical Notion That Women Actually Get to Choose What Kind of Life They Want to Live.

mistism the radical notion that woman get to choose how many men will be allowed to live.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I will also add that I wish 100% men had the same choice to make like you women do.

• 2Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, in other words, it's not a topic you're particularly interested in discussing, and you'd rather it be moved to its own thread instead of just ignoring/glossing over said content? Poor little snowflake Tuco.

I'm still salty I get a fucking infraction for not coming here. 50 pages of a drunk elitist being dogpiled about hollywood shit? No problem, just please get that shit that is the most important tenant of the Democrat party the fuck out of here so we can talk about prototype submarines and hairy vagina communists.

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Im all for choice, but society is really pushing women to it, they have a choice or is it really a mirage at this point? they even shame women these days for wanting to stay at home and raise their family, its a shame, really.

I absolutely agree with you that we definitely shouldn't be shaming the stay-at-home choice, for either parent IMO. There are benefits to it for sure, though it also seems very easy for whoevers doing it to just fall into a rut with it (hell, just look in the marriage thread for some of that). At the same time, I've never been comfortable with the idea of a person having to be completely dependent on someone else money-wise. You have a divorce with a guy being the sole earner and he ends up having to give most of his shit to the ex-wife who probably got custody of the kid despite having no money of her own and no skills. Everyone gets fucked in this situation. I'd like to imagine, and this is probably very wishful thinking, that family courts would start to become a lot less shitty to men if society got away from the standard of the woman being a dependent stay-at-home mom.

Of course, that doesn't really jive with today's feminism which is nothing but a nonsensical combination of "strong independent womyn who don't need no man" and perpetual victimhood. This shit is beyond delusional and it blows my mind how anyone thinks this mindset is supposed to be empowering for women.

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You have a divorce with a guy being the sole earner and he ends up having to give most of his shit to the ex-wife who probably got custody of the kid despite having no money of her own and no skills. Everyone gets fucked in this situation. I'd like to imagine, and this is probably very wishful thinking, that family courts would start to become a lot less shitty to men if society got away from the standard of the woman being a dependent stay-at-home mom.

Just another thing you can thank feminism for.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I made bad life choices. They're mine and I'm owning the consequences of them 100%.
I can respect that. I only have a single regret in my life much like out of ALL of Trumps tweets this year only a single one I didn't like.
Always that one thing in life.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
They're mine and I'm owning the consequences of them 100%.
no you're not, you're constantly whining about how Republicans are responsible for flooding your house and all sorts of other insane shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm still salty I get a fucking infraction for not coming here. 50 pages of a drunk elitist being dogpiled about hollywood shit? No problem, just please get that shit that is the most important tenant of the Democrat party the fuck out of here so we can talk about prototype submarines and hairy vagina communists.

Blame Tuco Tuco

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man them sex robots cant come fast enough. We can call it meninism time.

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just another thing you can thank feminism for.

Oh I know. I'd never consider myself a feminist by today's standard. We have equality already. We can so cool shit like voting. Today it's all about double standards and special treatment. It's fucking disgusting and insulting as hell.

• 3Like
Status
Not open for further replies.