The Fighting Game Community Thread

Needless

Toe Sucker
nope, thats how he loses so much money. In order to get those Japanese teams here he has to strike a deal with them... which is usually paying for most of their flight.
paying for 5 japanese guys flights that are almost guaranteed to win the team tournament = what.. almost $10k alone?

I know when he tried to get Daigo to come back after the first year-Daigo would want him to pre-buy 1000 of his shirts or something in order for him to go. Daigo is mad hollywood, it's pretty sad lol

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah but isn't he doing that for the Master series? Seems like hes paying for two tournaments now.

Maybe he just got caught in a bad situation this year.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah, i think he was overzealous assuming everybody would be able to make it to his event without asking them first.
Without knowing that Topanga A League is this weekend as well, which meant a couple of the players couldn't go.

You're right though, since he didn't want to waste the venue already, he decided to hold canada cup 2014 (which wasn't planned in the first place, only the master series).

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
nope, thats how he loses so much money. In order to get those Japanese teams here he has to strike a deal with them... which is usually paying for most of their flight.
paying for 5 japanese guys flights that are almost guaranteed to win the team tournament = what.. almost $10k alone?

I know when he tried to get Daigo to come back after the first year-Daigo would want him to pre-buy 1000 of his shirts or something in order for him to go. Daigo is mad hollywood, it's pretty sad lol
I'd do the same if im Daigo. He's the boss of bosses in the street fighter world. Daigo a few years ago used to come to the states quite often, im sure that flying back and forth has to fucking suck. Lol Long ass flight.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Smug is going to be there. I can't wait to see him play against some of the Asians.

Smug did a Dudley infinite against Dieminon's Guile yesterday at NLBC:

ydtQfRm.gif

Needless

Toe Sucker
The most impressive thing about that is that he gauged the spacing to actually get MGB to only hit twice very quickly, it's also pretty difficult to do but the spacing is the worst part imo

the abel version is good too, you get the spacing required for free after doing: cr.fp, st.hk xx light MGB, st.jab xx light MGB over and over

Needless

Toe Sucker
cant stop wont stop street11
dat local gen goodness~

he beats xian when they do mirror matches, colluxian can't handle the daniel kimmmmmm

Needless

Toe Sucker
Seriously, that was incredible... i almost pooped my pants when pepedey ultra'd, poongko ultrad to make his ultra whiff and then win because his ultra recovered faster lmao

Needless

Toe Sucker
Mike Balrog boys
You can tell him and the 4D players are all friends that play together though eh? they're all random as fuck and incredibly frustrating to play against IRL

HIlarious to watch though

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Mike Ross helped make it extra enjoyable, but the gameplay was totally on another level.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Mike Ross went Jim Ross. It was just great all the way around. lol Need more Mike Ross commentating like that. haha

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That's actually what I was thinking, but being 80s, I thought more along the lines of Jesse Ventura.

"Shut up, McMahon!"

It was very WWF. It's what the scene needs if they want to go mainstream and rake in the big bucks. That and more fictional personalities like Daigo was a few years ago trash talking the "West" by which he clarified was everything "West of Japan". That shit was great. And totally fake.