The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I still haven't found any equipment, but plenty of megalixirs and the like. And man, for anybody who hasn't unlocked chocobos yet, do so - they're not as fast as the car, but they're plenty fast and make treasure hunting much, much more pleasant.

edit: Chapter 3, after unlocking gate to new area.

My bird is level 5, they run very quick at that point, especially with all the sprints available. Plus, when you have +AP from long chocobo rides, it helps. Those +AP abilities are also cumulative. You dont have to go on a long ride for them to activate. I think they have a set/semi-random interval. When you get off the timer pauses, but doesn't reset. Often I'll get on the bird or in the car, and start moving and 2 seconds later get +1 AP from it.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
My bird is level 5, they run very quick at that point, especially with all the sprints available. Plus, when you have +AP from long chocobo rides, it helps. Those +AP abilities are also cumulative. You dont have to go on a long ride for them to activate. I think they have a set/semi-random interval. When you get off the timer pauses, but doesn't reset. Often I'll get on the bird or in the car, and start moving and 2 seconds later get +1 AP from it.

Yeah, mine just hit 5 as well. Wonder how high it goes. 10?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
^^ The boss fight is fun too.

Yeah, wish there were more quests like that. Was a Witcher 3-style quest that had its own cinematics and story. Far, far more involved than go to point x and take a picture, go to point y and give some dude a potion, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember dudes talking about how slow downloads were on the regular ps4, what kind of speeds do you get?

I download at like 100MB/s or something silly on wireless

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think I had like 8 minute install from disc, 10 minute download from PSN, couple minutes more install at the game screen. So Merr forced me to install all of the new PC upgrades in the meantime since they arrived at the same time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Day 1 patch took almost an hour to download on 300Mbps cable. That would be ~5 min from Steam. I've tried the dns people recommend, didn't help at all.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone know if there is a cap on AP? Like eventually can you unlock every single skill tree in their entirety?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Day 1 patch took almost an hour to download on 300Mbps cable. That would be ~5 min from Steam. I've tried the dns people recommend, didn't help at all.

This,

I want to buy the PRO just for the better wifi, I guess I could get a slim for that but...ma'flops!

Vorph

Oh, is that why people say the Pro downloads faster? I hate wireless and never use it unless absolutely required (phone, tablet, 3DS, etc.) so I doubt it would change anything for me.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not commenting on the FF15 game, but I can tell you that after seeing a game made with the Pro in mind, it made my wife want to upgrade hers to a pro. Simply turning Tomb Raider to 60fps sold us both on that purchase.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sorta nsfw-ish. If you work for mormons

IMG_6168.JPG

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
LOL, nice Ritley. When I saw Cindy I immediately thought of her.

re: Chocobo - It's probably 10. I just hit 6 and the time it took to go from 5->6 was WAY longer than 1-5 combined.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I just hit 9. 8-9 was a looooong time. Don't even wanna know how much more I have to go to make 10.

On the plus side, I've made it 2/3 of the way to the west end of the map, done a lot of sidequests, and haven't used the car in ages. Still on chapter 3

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So i just got another email from amazon for a replacement DLC kit..but my DLC was fine. So... have at it.
38QA-3MN9-TEMJ
JCBA-2NN2-A49D
JNB8-CJNN-94KH

Vorph

Already used, that was fast. How did you manage to get Amazon to send a second Road Trip code? I've asked twice now and they won't do shit, and the response I got from SQEX was equally worthless.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Already used, that was fast. How did you manage to get Amazon to send a second Road Trip code? I've asked twice now and they won't do shit, and the response I got from SQEX was equally worthless.
I didnt even ask. It just showed up.

Vorph

Ah, cool. I see what you mean now, it was SQEX that fixed the problem by just resending codes to everyone. I checked my gmail account and they were there for me too. People who didn't change their email address from Yahoo to gmail/hotmail/whatever are probably still fucked though, unless they got Yahoo to stop discarding all emails from [email protected] without even sending them to the spam folder.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've made it 2/3 of the way to the west end of the map, done a lot of sidequests, and haven't used the car in ages. Still on chapter 3
There are 14 chapters so maybe you should actually try playing the story before you run out of shit to do.