The Flash (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Regarding this video, I'm not a big fan of anything DC. I didn't read the comics at all, so I looked at this only as a movie and not the representation of my imagination. Looking at this only as a movie and nothing more, I liked it. And I didn't really know anything about it before seeing it. Watching the spoiler video, I guess people knew a lot more about the movie going into it than I did. So they were expecting a lot more. I went in blind and really liked it.
i guess the steelbooks should have been a dead giveaway, but i never realized just how gay you were until you said you liked this movie!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i guess the steelbooks should have been a dead giveaway, but i never realized just how gay you were until you said you liked this movie!

Steelbook collectors vs cam-rip watchers - truly an all-time classic "who is the most retarded"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Regarding this video, I'm not a big fan of anything DC. I didn't read the comics at all, so I looked at this only as a movie and not the representation of my imagination. Looking at this only as a movie and nothing more, I liked it. And I didn't really know anything about it before seeing it. Watching the spoiler video, I guess people knew a lot more about the movie going into it than I did. So they were expecting a lot more. I went in blind and really liked it.
Even as someone who has read Flashpoint and seen the animated movie, this wasn't terrible. I would put it up there as one of the better movies of this dying DCEU. The best parts were anything Batman and Supergirl. The worst was too much Ezra Miller. They should have just used the Thawne reverse Flash and not Dark Flash. The cameo shots at the end was nice and they basically have Flash written out now for the "reboot."

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The best parts of the Flash movie, which is the best DC movie, are [list of things that aren't the title character] will always a weird take for any comic movie.

Juvarisx

Florida
Might only just edge out Black Adam's opening weekend, haha.

They will be happy to break even on this and Aquaman as more of the general public becomes awake that they are doing a full reboot. They are also still fighting over eyeballs with Spiderverse and Transformers.

I'll probably see it eventually since it sounds fun, but Extraction 2 came out today as did the new Black Mirror.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The best parts of the Flash movie, which is the best DC movie, are [list of things that aren't the title character] will always a weird take for any comic movie.
its an interesting take. the movie was good if you take away the star of the movie. the star was bad and the CGI was just as bad. otherwise great film!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its an interesting take. the movie was good if you take away the star of the movie. the star was bad and the CGI was just as bad. otherwise great film!
I don't like Ezra Miller, but he wasn't bad here. However, him basically acting with himself for 90% of the movie sucked. The CGI being wonky while Flash was in the Speedforce was done on purpose. To show that the Flash sees things differently while running. Not that it was necessarily good, but it was done for a reason.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't like Ezra Miller, but he wasn't bad here. However, him basically acting with himself for 90% of the movie sucked. The CGI being wonky while Flash was in the Speedforce was done on purpose. To show that the Flash sees things differently while running. Not that it was necessarily good, but it was done for a reason.
i'm not attacking you, you dont need to be so defensive all the time, but seriously didnt you just say the star sucked 90% of the film and the bad CGI was on purpose, so its still a good movie? am i crazy?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i'm not attacking you, you dont need to be so defensive all the time, but seriously didnt you just say the star sucked 90% of the film and the bad CGI was on purpose, so its still a good movie? am i crazy?
Let me specify. Ezra Miller was fine acting wise. The script having him play off himself for most of the movie sucked. Like I said earlier it should have been Thawne, with a different actor, rather than Dark Barry. Other than that I liked the movie. I was happy with the Supergirl stuff and I was even happier for all the Batman stuff. Hell, just seeing Batfleck in the blue and gray was awesome in itself. My 2 minor gripes were the CGI for Flash in the Speedforce, but knowing it was done for stylistic reasons, there is at least an excuse for that. Outside of the Speedforce scenes the CGI was on par for most shit nowadays. Also as much as I loved the Batman stuff, they went overboard with the Keaton nostalgia. He didn't have to hit every line from OG Batman movie.

The movie is top 5 in this DCU at least, with Shazam, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad 2, and Aquaman.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Let me specify. Ezra Miller was fine acting wise. The script having him play off himself for most of the movie sucked. Like I said earlier it should have been Thawne, with a different actor, rather than Dark Barry. Other than that I liked the movie. I was happy with the Supergirl stuff and I was even happier for all the Batman stuff. Hell, just seeing Batfleck in the blue and gray was awesome in itself. My 2 minor gripes were the CGI for Flash in the Speedforce, but knowing it was done for stylistic reasons, there is at least an excuse for that. Outside of the Speedforce scenes the CGI was on par for most shit nowadays. Also as much as I loved the Batman stuff, they went overboard with the Keaton nostalgia. He didn't have to hit every line from OG Batman movie.

The movie is top 5 in this DCU at least, with Shazam, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad 2, and Aquaman.
i figured it would be faggier Barry as the baddie because he was wearing a varsity jacket with yellow sleeves, so it wasnt much of a reveal. but i still wouldnt consider it a good movie just because Keaton recited the same lines from Batman 89 and Cara was pretty decent. that whole sequence with those two was decent, but i think that was only a third of the film or less. the rest was FagBarry and FaggierBarry circle jerking each other.

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
Was a decent movie honestly. I'd agree without the supporting actors coming back for cameos it wouldn't have been as good. I'm hoping a flashpoint arc done right will be one of their new Justice League storylines in the future but not holding my breath.

George Clooney showing up at the end and Flash going "Who the fuck is this guy" was pretty hilarious

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
George Clooney showing up at the end and Flash going "Who the fuck is this guy" was pretty hilarious
That was their way of showing that Barry wasn't back in the original timeline. He changed time again by moving the can of tomatoes his Dad bought to the top shelf. It made it so that his face was shown on the store security cam and is set free.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user