The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm not overly concerned about it either way, it's not like I haven't raised it because I don't know how or anything. I've just not raised it because with the circumstances we started things out with (drunken hook-up with her on the rebound, she's likely moving away in the fall), it just didn't seem like a good idea to raise it. Whether because she'd get scared off by being in a relationship so soon after getting out of one, or giving her the wrong impression that I felt any large need to be in one myself (which I don't, really).

If we're a couple, that's cool I guess. I like her well enough, but on the other hand there's a set expiration date on the relationship so I guess we'll see where it leads.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The more you dwell on this shit the more you will fuck it up. I know you are incapable of this, but just don't overanalyze it and go with it while it lasts.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm not overly concerned about it either way, it's not like I haven't raised it because I don't know how or anything. I've just not raised it because with the circumstances we started things out with (drunken hook-up with her on the rebound, she's likely moving away in the fall), it just didn't seem like a good idea to raise it. Whether because she'd get scared off by being in a relationship so soon after getting out of one, or giving her the wrong impression that I felt any large need to be in one myself (which I don't, really).

If we're a couple, that's cool I guess. I like her well enough, but on the other hand there's a set expiration date on the relationship so I guess we'll see where it leads.
Dude if their is a set expiration, get out now. Everyday you're with someone you like you're building something if it's all going well. If it's going well, it's going to get better/more serious daily. I don't know how you're happy if you're having a ton of fun building a house knowing it's going to be demolished on a certain date, that's baffles me.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
If you had ever been with a girl, you'd realize that bitches fucking love sexting.
If you were a fucking grown ass man you'd know a) what to say when sexting b) that it's a warm up, not an exercise.

If you are sexting enough that she's asked you multiple times if you are hard it means she ain't on her way to see you soon which means you either can't close or she's long distance, both of which are a waste of time.

Proc_sl

shitlord
I don't know how you're happy if you're having a ton of fun building a house knowing it's going to be demolished on a certain date, that's baffles me.
it's good relationship experience. You focus on the present. Think of the girl more of a best-friend-with-benefits than anything more romantic. The parting is still gonna suck, but it won't be as bad as if you both were morons and had hardcore 'i love you' sappy moments.

My situation is similar to Eomer's in that there's a semi-concrete expiration date. The differences.. well, I'm 23, and we've actually talked about it and made it clear from the beginning that we both don't do long distance. I even insisted that she live her life and go through with her career/traveling plans come summer. she's going to anyway, but it is a stronger position to support the parting than to hold onto her in futility.

I'm still in school, so I'm of the mindset that any and all relationships/flings I have till I start my career are temporary. I'd rather they weren't, but I'll take a pleasant surprise of continuation over a roller coaster heartbreak from an unexpected parting.

yeah Eomer is older and set in his career, so maybe it's a waste of his time, but I think we all can agree he needs more relationship experience period.

tl;dr any relationship experience is good experience.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's more or less how I look at it. If/when things turn more serious a couple months down the road will be the time to decide to GTFO or decide to keep going with it. She finds out about her grad school applications in Jan/Feb, so the timing's about right in that respect.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's the journey man. Every relationship comes with an expiration date, Eomer just happens to be aware of when that IS for this one. That day will be bitter, but the ones between won't.

And yeah, if she's inviting her friends over to your place for dinner I'm pretty sure you have a girlfriend. lol.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like Charlie Sheen's quote on that "I am not paying for the sex, I am paying for them to go home and shut the fuck up."

Silence_sl

shitlord
As you get older it's harder to have that conversation. I always do it like "Look, I'm into you, let's not fuck anyone except each other".
Not harder, at least not for me...and certainly no serious talk of anything other than table salt after only 6 weeks. I'm sneaking up on a year with my current GF, and it surprises me how many things fall under the veil of tacit implications, and yet no "big talk" about anything other than the "please don't leave dishes in the sink" talk.

I did have a Van Alden moment when I realized she snuck a few pairs of socks with mine in the washer, but that's neither here nor there in the grand scope of things.

rjjt4o.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
How is this thread so slow compared to the FOH one? I blame Eomer being in a relationship.

Anyway, I went ahead and signed up for eHarmony 2 weeks ago. I already like it more than PoF simply because the price (fucking expensive) seems to keep most of the bums and weirdos away. Their structured communication was kind of weird at first, but I've come to like it.

In the 2 weeks I've been a member I have received interest/messages from about 20 girls. About half of those were fatties or uggoes, of course. I was pleased with the others and I've got e-mail/facebook conversations going with several of them. I got the number of the one I'm most interested in (and therefore putting the most effort into), we chatted for a bit on the phone over the weekend, and I'm calling her tomorrow to set up our first date.

I have initiated exactly 0 communication thus far; everything has started on the girls' end. Eomer mentioned how it seemed to vary by location, so I guess I'm lucky in that regard. I guess the singles population in my area is heavily dominated by girls, or the majority of late 20s single guys are ugly, out of shape, bums, or all of the above. Or maybe I'm just damn sexy.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I guess the singles population in my area is heavily dominated by girls, or the majority of late 20s single guys are ugly, out of shape, bums, or all of the above. Or maybe I'm just damn sexy.
Or women using dating sites are inherently desperate.