The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or you could be out sleeping with random bitches, communing with nature and doing fun shit.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I've done this dozens of times. Unfortunately you can't have a substantive discussion with her without her just flipping out and doing something irrational, which frequently means something financially self destructive.
You do understand that your mother simply doesn't respect you? She dismisses everything you say that doesn't agree with her own positions on things. You have a complete total of zero influence upon her.

Until you impose costs for her complete disrespect for you she will never start to listen to you.

Only once she has been forced by you to have some respect for you, will she actually listen to what your saying.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She will impose costs on me for disagreeing with her, either by becoming even more obstinate or in extreme cases by breaking shit when I leave the house.

She is literally impossible to deal with. She is a screaming maniac and she is used to everyone capitulating to her in order to shut her up. She's been doing it her entire live. You should see her at a fucking department store, they basically pay her to leave. I've been told by every single person that's ever encountered her that she is by far the most difficult person to deal with in the history of people.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm not totally disagreeing with you. A big part of my problem is that I can't figure out what I would be doing with my life if I wasn't doing this.
Why do you need a plan besides working in a career and making yourself happy?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
She will impose costs on me for disagreeing with her, either by becoming even more obstinate or in extreme cases by breaking shit when I leave the house.
I'm sure it's been explained before, and if so please post a link, but why are you handcuffed to your mom exactly?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Laugh out loud content right hurr:

Rerolled

I have "dated" 5 women in the last year. I have slept with around 15 if you count prostitutes. 7 if you don't. Every woman I have dated, I dated more than once. I've slept with around 10 women more than once in the past year. I am currently trying to be exclusive with 1 girl, that I've been dating for 3 months. She is a 25 year old widow with a claimed n-count of 2 (former husband mid 50s lawyer).
The "n-count" part made me laugh.

Siddar

She is literally impossible to deal with. She is a screaming maniac and she is used to everyone capitulating to her in order to shut her up. She's been doing it her entire live. You should see her at a fucking department store, they basically pay her to leave. I've been told by every single person that's ever encountered her that she is by far the most difficult person to deal with in the history of people.
What would you tell someone if say a wife said what you just posted about their husband?

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Jesus H Christ, any shred of compassion I had for you mothers situation just completely disappeared. Get the fuck out now and figure out what you want to do in life later. I'm sure when you'll be able to figure out something to do with your life when you don't have the depression and anxiety caused by your mother. Or at least you won't be able to blame her for it.

Siddar

Just to add Mist don't do anything to sabotage youself finishing your masters. It should in fact be your complete focus in life right now. In fact I fear you may well be attempting to sabotage yourself from finishing your masters by bring this problem up.

But you need to start making plans to be out of your mothers house the day after you get it if not sooner just as you should have been years ago when you got your high school diploma.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Leave for five days without announcement, and let the chips fall. Come back, then leave again for another five days if shit is messed up. Repeat.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Mist, to quote Stuart Smalley, youre good enough, youre smart enough, and Doggone it, youre worth having your own goddamn life.

You know most of us here beat the shit out of one another relentlessly, all in good fun, but seriously. You deserve to have more in your life. Get out, for your own good.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Mist i feel this song really describes your situation well. if Scott Stapp can't get you back on the right path, all hope is lost.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Mist, to quote Stuart Smalley, youre good enough, youre smart enough, and Doggone it, youre worth having your own goddamn life.

You know most of us here beat the shit out of one another relentlessly, all in good fun, but seriously. You deserve to have more in your life. Get out, for your own good.
CAN I GET OUT TOO?!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What would you tell someone if say a wife said what you just posted about there husband?
Depends. Most marriages aren't pretty either. At least most of the ones I know about.

Why do you need a plan besides working in a career and making yourself happy?
I have no idea what happiness looks like. My childhood was miserable. Teenage years were fun but it's really hard not to have fun as a healthy teenager. My job was fun, being an overpaid IT monkey at before I was old enough to have a license was pretty cool. I don't know many happy adults. I know a lot of functional alcoholics that lie to themselves that they're happy, like most of the professors in my department. There's an unbelievable amount of drug addicts around here. My smart, beautiful cousin just ODed on Heroin and had a psychotic episode. Or maybe it was a psychotic episode and then she ODed. Who the fuck knows.

Pretty much the only 'happy' people I know are 60+ year old retired people who had decent jobs and raised good kids. And even some of them still seem quite miserable. I think there's a kinda malaise in this locale that I just need to get away from, but that can't happen until I get my degree. And I'm not going to spend my emergency get-out-of-dodge money on just leaving for the summer.

So, yeah, I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do to be a happy adult. I do know that I've reached the maximum threshold for unhappiness though.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
CAN I GET OUT TOO?!
I dunno man, youre pretty far gone.

IRT Mist: Happiness isnt a place, it isnt a thing, it is a state of being in which life is no longer able to make you linger on negative thoughts.

The way you be a happy adult is pursue a goal that inspires you, shrug off negativity directed at you, and cast off negative thoughts of your own. Having your own life that you control is the key to all those things.

You owe your mother nothing. Any debt you did owe her has been paid.