The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this special on Wednesday. It was pretty entertaining. Lots of May hate, but it's expected. The scenery as they drive around Italy is beyond gorgeous. I love those lakes. The finale wasn't... well, it was a bit of a cop out, but I guess they do that from time to time. Still a good episode none the less.

Fadaar

That guy
So since I got my Xbox and playing Forza I really want Top Gear to start back. Damn them for having the guys do the voiceovers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you're welcome. it was good for one of their DVD specials.

the ending
i was a bit shocked we didnt get the showdown they built up for Pau. they had the cars ready, they arrived at the location. then its, oh well the cops chucked us out of the country and took our money. see ya guys! i guess they will finish the race during their regular season?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Re: ending -
Or the entire thing was just a big troll. They do that every now and then in that show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Re: ending -
Or the entire thing was just a big troll. They do that every now and then in that show.
i would agree, but they had the cars there all ready to go, unless it was some editing magic that went over my head i dont think they would have gone so far as to transport the cars to the location if they had no intention of at least driving them a little bit

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Yeah I think Astro is right, I kinda expect them to incorporate it in the upcoming season. But maybe that is just wishful thinking and they just trolled my ass.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
They drive around, make fun of a short guy, make fun of a slow guy, and do some panning shots. Maybe they have a tame racing driver do a lap.

Show ruined!

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Or we could always not use the spoiler tags.
What in the hell could my vague ass post possible spoil? I intentionally left it vague to avoid rustling any jimmies, yet STILL you have an issue with it?

Anyway, it was a decent special for a dvd, like Chuk said. Nothing as awesome as their other season specials but still very much worth a watch for fans of the show.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, my Jimmies weren't rustled. I was actually trying to rustle yours. Sorry about that. (I'm a smartass a lot)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched the Africa/Nile special from last season again, it's even more better than I remembered.

Also bump just because the season starts back up on Sunday, here's the teasers the BBC posted!

Looks exciting!

Fadaar

That guy
I still don't think they'll be able to top the Reliant Robin episode. I lose my shit every time it comes on.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I still don't think they'll be able to top the Reliant Robin episode. I lose my shit every time it comes on.
Truer words have never been spoken. I laughed so god damned hard the first time I saw that episode that I still remember vividly where I was, when it was, etc. Seriously, tears were coming down my face and my stomach was sore from laughter.