spronk

FPS noob

black female lead and unicorns, naughty dog sure learned a lot from TLOU2

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah except the upper right pic is a good looking white female. No go for that - cannot have that any more. Need to fatten all that up, make her bald and a tranny, fall in love with the unicorn and form a love triangle between the the black lady the unicorn and the tranny. Then everything should be on course for a 2024 release.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
angry joe reviews lasts of us remake

(hint, he just reuploaded his previous 5yr old review)

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rajaah Rajaah Look for the Critical Drinker video on what happened between the two games. Basically, the current ND head forced out the previous writer (who did most of the good work on earlier Uncharteds and TLOU1) out of the company via SJW pandering and fuckery. Irony alert here is that this person he forced out was a woman. Someone actually leaked the entire plot of part two before the game released and ND went into total spin mode on it, doubling down on all the SJW fuckery of course. But the game was so objectively bad (story wise) that even hard left game reviewers started dunking on it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think any hard left reviewers dunked on TLOU2 except maybe 1-2. almost universally it was praised, given perfect scores, and won all the GOTY awards the year it was out

1662476874196.png

I always knew journalists were useless retards but that really opened my eyes. You give it a 7/10, fine, I understand I'm sure the mechanics are great and you liked its artsy fartsy shit.

But giving it a near perfect score just tells me you hate games and wish more devs would make games that were made for intellectual snobs instead of regular working class stiffs, which is what all of journalism and criticism is infested with now. Nobody speaks for the person who just wants to zone out for a few hours and get away from the world.

I'd like to think stuff like Elden Ring and Top Gun Maverick would make journalists think "oh damn, maybe we really are out of touch with what people want" but nah. Maybe at least pubs and studios will figure out pleasing critics is a losers game, at least TLOU2 sales numbers prove more and more gamers are getting tired of the shit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's in movies and TV shows as well. Just look at the disparity between critics and users. Then people like Amazon say they are getting review bombed.

No, the people PAYING for your product/service say it sucks. So they can pay off, gerrymander whatever critic they want too, people no longer trust them and it's wasted cash. People just won't buy it.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i don't think any hard left reviewers dunked on TLOU2 except maybe 1-2. almost universally it was praised, given perfect scores, and won all the GOTY awards the year it was out

View attachment 431960

I always knew journalists were useless retards but that really opened my eyes. You give it a 7/10, fine, I understand I'm sure the mechanics are great and you liked its artsy fartsy shit.

But giving it a near perfect score just tells me you hate games and wish more devs would make games that were made for intellectual snobs instead of regular working class stiffs, which is what all of journalism and criticism is infested with now. Nobody speaks for the person who just wants to zone out for a few hours and get away from the world.

I'd like to think stuff like Elden Ring and Top Gun Maverick would make journalists think "oh damn, maybe we really are out of touch with what people want" but nah. Maybe at least pubs and studios will figure out pleasing critics is a losers game, at least TLOU2 sales numbers prove more and more gamers are getting tired of the shit.
Yahtzee, Angry Joe, and a couple others shit on it immediately. A few others like Girlfriend Reviews and some others revised their initial ratings after they saw which way the wind was blowing on this. Even the hyper lefties got rustled over how they handled Joe and how the game suddenly became Tranny Roid Simulator 2000, instead of about Ellie.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yahtzee, Angry Joe, and a couple others shit on it immediately. A few others like Girlfriend Reviews and some others revised their initial ratings after they saw which way the wind was blowing on this. Even the hyper lefties got rustled over how they handled Joe and how the game suddenly became Tranny Roid Simulator 2000, instead of about Ellie.
my wife got annoyed with me playing... context originally we were gonna share play it, like we did w/ tlou1, but she just looked at abbie and said "uh i don't wanna play that", and i don't blame her... but she was like "can you just play the game and i'll watch"

so i did, but everytime they forced me to switch to abbie, i just immediately ran into enemies and said

"HULK SMASH"!!!

• 1Worf

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's in movies and TV shows as well. Just look at the disparity between critics and users. Then people like Amazon say they are getting review bombed.

No, the people PAYING for your product/service say it sucks. So they can pay off, gerrymander whatever critic they want too, people no longer trust them and it's wasted cash. People just won't buy it.
Look at the recent LOTR thing on Amazon. Formula is always the same. Hire shitty black actress in a clearly white role, the less they are actually in the show the better because you can deflect by saying "well Queen Wakanda is barely in the show/Its Obi Wan's show/random other bullshit fallacy". Promote the shit out of diversity hire as a focal point of virtue signaling to gaslight the normies and rally the blue hairs. Ideally, attack the traditional fanbase for being "racist/sexist/white supremacist" once you know internally that the product is shit. Then when the review bombs and bad ratings come in, blame white supremacy and move on to destroy the next beloved IP. Works for lesbians and anything involving women in general, but is especially favored as a tactic when Muslims, Trannies, and particularly Wakandans are in the mix. See Cowboy Beepop live action series, ME:Andromeda, that recent Kevin Smith Heman abomination, and on and on. And because they can always blame whitey for not buying their shitty product, they get to move on without much in the way of real consequence.

Seems like WB might finally be pivoting away from Woke, at least. The Mouse is definitely going to die on the Woke Hill, right next to Blizzard/EA, probably Sony (they signed off on all the shit that went down at ND and promoted the idiot), Bioware, and the ground zero patient for Woke Aids Netflix.

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, Angry Joe is a leftie and he dumped all over it.

Then again he's a leftie the same way a lot of moderate people are, agrees with them on some progressive ideology, like "let's all treat each other with respect". He's also a proud gun owner and regularly slams games/movies that have SocJus injected at the cost of story quality. So when it comes down to it he's pretty balanced.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Look at the recent LOTR thing on Amazon. Formula is always the same. Hire shitty black actress in a clearly white role, the less they are actually in the show the better because you can deflect by saying "well Queen Wakanda is barely in the show/Its Obi Wan's show/random other bullshit fallacy". Promote the shit out of diversity hire as a focal point of virtue signaling to gaslight the normies and rally the blue hairs. Ideally, attack the traditional fanbase for being "racist/sexist/white supremacist" once you know internally that the product is shit. Then when the review bombs and bad ratings come in, blame white supremacy and move on to destroy the next beloved IP. Works for lesbians and anything involving women in general, but is especially favored as a tactic when Muslims, Trannies, and particularly Wakandans are in the mix. See Cowboy Beepop live action series, ME:Andromeda, that recent Kevin Smith Heman abomination, and on and on. And because they can always blame whitey for not buying their shitty product, they get to move on without much in the way of real consequence.

What exactly is the POINT of all of this stuff? This is the business of making money, not "get your personal politics over at all costs". Why is so much of this allowed to go on?

I guess at the end of the day they'll have a mountain of things that "would have been successful if only it weren't for those damn White Males" to give them something to endlessly whine and/or genocide about.

But we're talking about corporations here, that historically care about nothing besides making money. It's very weird that they allow these SocJus infusions that seem to inevitably make less money than the previous non-SocJus incarnations of their IPs. And then do it again, and again.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The people pushing this shit do not care about making money. It is allowed for the same reason this shit plagues companies. These fuckers invade companies (usually through HR departments) and start making sure that only likeminded people get hired in key positions. Before you know it, you are up to your ass in Diversity bullshit and no one is even trying to focus on profitability or sustainable business models. These people are not there to build but destroy. And most of the money men are from the same circles pushing this shit at this point. Eventually, some of the bean counters actually look at the trends and try to right the ship, but it's almost always too late by then (see EA/Activision debacle). Or worse, they get called some XXXXist term or otherwise cancelled out of their livelihood if they try to stand in the way. Disney let KK toss a 4 billion dollar IP directly into the shitter to appease the SJW crowd because no one wanted to be the guy who cracked down on "the force is female". Legal departments are advising boards to just eat the loss and hope the locusts to move on.

But more importantly, they set up this elaborate hustle where the reason for the failure of a woke-ified existing IP is always due to whitey or a "toxic fanbase" long before the shit tier product even reaches the public. So, there is never direct accountability. Druckman took a giant shit over all of ND when he wrestled control of it from his rivals, but you can pretty much bet he will be long gone and shitting up another company well before TLOU3 manages to bomb in a reflection of people's true feelings about Part 2. And Sarkesian who started him down the Woke path has long since moved on to her next graft. They will get other projects and leave behind a smoldering crater where a once beloved IP once sat, just like KK and Ryan Johnson did to Star Wars with TLJ or the entire cast and crew of Kurtzman Trek have done with that IP. No one exec, even if they recognize the real problem in their midst, wants to save their company because they will get their lives demolished for trying. Easier to just cash out at an opportune time and let it all be the next guy's job to mop up the shitty mess than to get metoo'd or otherwise cancelled for TRYING to save a company that will do everything in its power not to be saved. The court of public opinion cares nothing for how much big media company raked in or lost in terms of money but go against The Message and the fucking blue hairs will come out of the woodwork to destroy you. Either way, the company is fucked because you can never appease the woke crowd anyhow.

Sony is a Japanese company. It owns Naughty Dog. The Japs fucking HATE woke shit more than just about anyone, especially as it pertains to Wakandans. But Sony still backed Druckman at every turn despite seeing what he was doing with the content of the company and what the public reaction was EVEN AFTER the numbers for the first Druckman Uncharted game tanked compared to prior releases. The Japs, who we had to nuke twice to get to back down bowed down to the Woke Cult. The first company to solve this problem WILL become the new monolithic game company, though, building from the ashes of The Mouse. Until someone figures out how to form ranks and tell the wokesters to fuck off, it remains a slow death spiral of all forms of entertainment.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also, quick addendum, we basically are at a point in history where the lines between corporation and governance are effectively blurred to the point of almost not existing. Social Media companies are openly collaborating with the government to control culture. Major media outlets coordinate talking points and attacks with the ruling party. Diversity "advisors" are all but mandatory in all sorts of companies, all of whom are essentially Marxists trained by our corrupted education system (who first employed these tactics on itself) effectively conditioning behavior to what the cultural marxist overlords desire on a wire scale and across many industries, not just video games. And they do this because if you don't play the game and let the swamp in the front door, they can cut you off from your entire life (see Canadian Truckers, anyone trying to start a social media platform now, any small business owner in the entire world during the shutdowns) and if you are important enough they can make you a state sponsored monopoly (see all the big box stores, entrenched social media, pro sports). The swamp gets to pick the winners and losers, crushing winners it does not like and bailing out "too big to fail" losers it does. It gets to decide who has all the wealth by printing more money and laundering it though a fake proxy war back to itself.

It is this way because team Globohomo wills it and the cult of SocJus is just the best method for them to both destabilize strong societies and normalize fucking kids. Disney is literally a model apparatus for team Lizard. Dumb Wakandans go there to spend money they don't have on woke trash, while it churns out more and more degenerate messaging to the point of actually defending child grooming. Netflix has essentially been a place to launder money to the Obamas while pushing out alphabet and orange man bad propaganda for the last five years, losing money all the while but seemingly never going tits up. These people are literally James Bond villains, right down to people like Schwab wearing bizarre 1970s sci fi Dr Evil suits in public. And pop culture / entertainment are their vehicles for manipulating the masses. So for them, a company's profit is irrelevant. The only thing that delineates success is if it can push enough of the Message before the normies catch on and backlash gets too loud. If they run low on money, just print some more and use inflation to take it all back.

• 1Like

Szlia

I am pretty sure you have it completely backward along with a copious amount of tin foil on top your head. What is most likely happening is that the bean counters ask for market data and see gigantic gaping holes in the demographics. This is without a doubt a correct assessment of the situation and while some people might go "oh well... at least we are doing well in the demos we target" the reaction of the typical bean counters is : "Expand the market please, we currently don't reach X, Y and Z with our products." Now, how do you go about doing that ? You do multiple products going after different specific targets or you try to have a big tent product. By economy of scale, you often see the latter and the low hanging fruit when you try to do that is to include themes, characters and actors that appeal to X, Y and Z. A slightly higher hanging fruit is to hire in your crew some X,Y and Z, because if you don't you increase the odds of missing the mark for the X,Y and Z targets you try to reach. The calculation is that, depending of the product you try to apply the formula to and depending of the skill of the people involved, you might alienate a part of your original audience, but, short term, as long as you gain more than you lose, it's ok. The long term math might even be that losing more than you gain is still ok, because you lose people who did not like that specific product but are still interested in that category of products and you gain people who were not interested in that category of products before.

It's probably a bit different with something like Last of Us 2, where you have an author who is also the vice-president of the studio and making hit after hit. He has almost total creative freedom and will do with it whatever he wants. It's very unlikely PlayStation Studios will ever get involved based on sales numbers, because with its ICE Team, Naughty Dog is basically a R&D center creating high end tools for other studios that also happens to make award winning blockbuster games.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I am pretty sure you have it completely backward along with a copious amount of tin foil on top your head. What is most likely happening is that the bean counters ask for market data and see gigantic gaping holes in the demographics. This is without a doubt a correct assessment of the situation and while some people might go "oh well... at least we are doing well in the demos we target" the reaction of the typical bean counters is : "Expand the market please, we currently don't reach X, Y and Z with our products." Now, how do you go about doing that ? You do multiple products going after different specific targets or you try to have a big tent product. By economy of scale, you often see the latter and the low hanging fruit when you try to do that is to include themes, characters and actors that appeal to X, Y and Z. A slightly higher hanging fruit is to hire in your crew some X,Y and Z, because if you don't you increase the odds of missing the mark for the X,Y and Z targets you try to reach. The calculation is that, depending of the product you try to apply the formula to and depending of the skill of the people involved, you might alienate a part of your original audience, but, short term, as long as you gain more than you lose, it's ok. The long term math might even be that losing more than you gain is still ok, because you lose people who did not like that specific product but are still interested in that category of products and you gain people who were not interested in that category of products before.

It's probably a bit different with something like Last of Us 2, where you have an author who is also the vice-president of the studio and making hit after hit. He has almost total creative freedom and will do with it whatever he wants. It's very unlikely PlayStation Studios will ever get involved based on sales numbers, because with its ICE Team, Naughty Dog is basically a R&D center creating high end tools for other studios that also happens to make award winning blockbuster games.

Nah

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Most of the writing for Part 1 (and almost all of the earlier Uncharted Games) was done by the woman Druckmann forced out. The Ellie Lesbian Dating simulator DLC was the first thing he wrote without that woman's input into it. Druckmann was literally taking his cues from Anita Sarkeesian during this time. This is all very well documented and corroborated. Naughtydog was acquired by Sony, end of story. Part 2 sucked and has been in the bargain bins for a good long while now. Contrast it to Part 1, which basically was one of the best games of its decade and kept the SJW hooks very subtle if present at all. The "Market" was there for a strong male protecting his surrogate daughter redemption arc. Everyone but the ultra woke bitched about Tranny Hulk murdering Joel and the entire game being mostly being forced to play that abomination of a character. It was not just this board. Most of even the hard left leaning reviewers have back peddled on Part 2 by now. It only sold as much as it did because of how good Part 1 was. And I bet absolutely no one replays it, compared to Part 1 which is already on its second remake that has good odds to out sell the initial release of Part 2.

There is no "secret untapped market" for woke shit. Woke people don't believe they should pay for anything and if they actually play again at all its usually pirated. The woke market is not interested in playing the game themselves, but rather making sure no one else can enjoy their fucking hobby how they want to. It is PRECISELY like the music industry censors of the 90s from the church groups and Tipper Gore. They are not here to sell or create a product for others or even their own enjoyment, they are here to shit on people they disagree with by inserting all of this garbage into anything they can invade to legitimize and normalize it. And all you need to know to see this is to look at games like Elden Ring where its all but impossible to insert The Message, look at movies with male themes like Top Gun Maverick or even slight but positive feminist slants like Fury Road, and look at TV shows that mock wokeness while also throwing them a bone here and there like Peacemaker or focus on middle class normies like Eric Perra Talks. All very successful media with solid followings because they are ACTUALLY giving the audience what it wants. Hell, you can look WITHIN the fucking Mouse and compare Mandalorian with literally anything "The Force is Female" crowd put out. There IS no woke market, only virtue signalers that want to dictate what people can enjoy just like the church before their cult came about.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is no "secret untapped market" for woke shit. Woke people don't believe they should pay for anything and if they actually play again at all its usually pirated. The woke market is not interested in playing the game themselves, but rather making sure no one else can enjoy their fucking hobby how they want to. It is PRECISELY like the music industry censors of the 90s from the church groups and Tipper Gore. They are not here to sell or create a product for others or even their own enjoyment, they are here to shit on people they disagree with by inserting all of this garbage into anything they can invade to legitimize and normalize it. And all you need to know to see this is to look at games like Elden Ring where its all but impossible to insert The Message, look at movies with male themes like Top Gun Maverick or even slight but positive feminist slants like Fury Road, and look at TV shows that mock wokeness while also throwing them a bone here and there like Peacemaker or focus on middle class normies like Eric Perra Talks. All very successful media with solid followings because they are ACTUALLY giving the audience what it wants. Hell, you can look WITHIN the fucking Mouse and compare Mandalorian with literally anything "The Force is Female" crowd put out. There IS no woke market, only virtue signalers that want to dictate what people can enjoy just like the church before their cult came about.
Bingo...Wokeists dont give a shit about products, literature, TV or games or whatever the fuck. All they care about is if its woke or not. Their whole purpose is not to consume product or content, its to cause outrage when products DONT abide. THAT is their content. YOu actually think they play games or read books or watch woke ass TV shows? Fuck no! they are on twatter 24/7 bitching about the next thing they wanna ruin with their religion.

• 1Truth!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Nah