The Last of Us

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never played Last of us. I watched the game instead. If I had a PS5 I might consider getting it.

Too put this from a different angle, if Everquest ever came out with a graphic enhancement that was similar, I would be all over it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS5/Xbox5 native versions of GTA 5 were released in March I think. Cost me 10 dollars or something on PS5.
Yeah, PS5 got the -75% upgrade while Xbox only got -50%. And anyone who didn't upgrade by June 15 now is shit out of luck and has to pay the full $40. What is most obnoxious about it is that you have to own GTA V Online for Series X|S ($20) in order to purchase GTA V Story Mode for Series X|S ($20) even if don't give a single fuck about their predatory MTX delivery system.

Sony may be bad with their ridiculous $70 price tag extending even to stuff like this, and personally I'll never again support anything ND does because of TLoU2, but no company in the industry is in the same league as Take-Two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I never played Last of us. I watched the game instead. If I had a PS5 I might consider getting it.

Too put this from a different angle, if Everquest ever came out with a graphic enhancement that was similar, I would be all over it.
TLoU 1 was a good game. It looked very good for its time, and has already been remastered to pick up the low hanging fruit like resolution and frame rate. Visually, which is where the new remake made almost every improvement, the original remaster was perfectly fine and held up plenty well enough. It’s already playable and free on ps5, so it’s not a matter of bringing it forward to be playable on current gen. The gameplay itself is a bit dated, but they made absolutely no updates to that.

It’s a remaster no one asked for that I can’t see many willing to pay $70 for

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't there a Last of Us 2 thread on here? Can't find it in the search. Maybe it got merged into this one.

In any case, I'm checking out TLOU2 more finally during a bout of insomnia. Why am I playing as Abby? There's nothing appealing about this character. I like the game a lot more when it switches back to Ellie since at least there's a history there. Though she seems like a totally different character from TLOU, super morose in comparison, so it's almost like I don't know anybody in this game.

The visuals are stunning at least.

Is Abby supposed to be a transgender character? Game refers to Abby as a woman, certainly sounds like a woman, looks like a guy. Not sure I understand the design choice here. And again, nothing appealing, she's a charisma-less void.

I don't hate the game though. Finding it a better play than Uncharted 4 (which I'm also trying to cross off the list). UC4's characters are like 10x more interesting and charismatic, but Good Lord that game constantly slows down when I have to do another interminable climbing section. At least TLOU2 is mostly action and scavenging.

spronk

FPS noob
one of my best gaming decisions was deciding never to touch or play TLOU2. i watched enough on twitch to realize its the exact opposite of the kind of game i want.

meanwhile, while critics have all given TLOU1 remaster 9/10 and 10/10s, spergy gamers have started noticing the port is kinda shitty

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wasn't there a Last of Us 2 thread on here? Can't find it in the search. Maybe it got merged into this one.

In any case, I'm checking out TLOU2 more finally during a bout of insomnia. Why am I playing as Abby? There's nothing appealing about this character. I like the game a lot more when it switches back to Ellie since at least there's a history there. Though she seems like a totally different character from TLOU, super morose in comparison, so it's almost like I don't know anybody in this game.

Is Abby supposed to be a transgender character? Game refers to Abby as a woman, certainly sounds like a woman, looks like a guy. Not sure I understand the design choice here. And again, nothing appealing, she's a charisma-less void.

I don't hate the game though. Finding it a better play than Uncharted 4 (which I'm also trying to cross off the list). UC4's characters are like 10x more interesting and charismatic, but Good Lord that game constantly slows down when I have to do another interminable climbing section. At least TLOU2 mostly action and scavenging.

You seriously never heard about any of this?

How is that possible?

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you find out why she is shehulk later, shes just really really ugly, all the characters are, ellie actually looks like ellen paige took hrt and is transitioning herself

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

I don't hate the game though. Finding it a better play than Uncharted 4 (which I'm also trying to cross off the list). UC4's characters are like 10x more interesting and charismatic, but Good Lord that game constantly slows down when I have to do another interminable climbing section. At least TLOU2 is mostly action and scavenging.

People spent months crying about it and talking about it being a failure. I put off playing it for a long while, but saw it was on the PS+ streaming service for PC and gave it a go.

Obviously won't have the same clout and feeling as TLOU1, but the pacing, style of storytelling and exploring the overall world was really nice to run through one time and I can appreciate it for that.

If you aren't the type to be instantly offended because the characters aren't modeled after Duke Nukem or in the LGBT crowd who want to be vocal and complain about everything the game did or didn't do for them then you'll likely enjoy it.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems appropriate given how they treated the IP overall.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You seriously never heard about any of this?

How is that possible?

I heard about TLOU2, I just didn't spend any time thinking about it.

The most off-putting thing about it for me was always the "LIFE IS PAAAAIN" emo box art and I didn't plan on ever playing it.

Now that I am, I'm finding it an alright game (probably because my expectations were so low) but I don't get what they're going for with Abby.

spronk

FPS noob
i do miss the great abby memes especially abby-sex

mjdnzdbxmob51.png

funmv1jo0md51.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lol he also sold me some sweet DR Seuss books so my son could be a shitlord too!

Just this week I finally got ahold of McElligot's Pool, so I now have all six of the banned books:

20220904_133139.jpg

Hell yeah.

It took a while to find them all. I still have a decent condition extra copy of the Zoo one, your son has the better condition extra copy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
TLOU2 update: Who was this game made for? Joel is in it for literally 5 minutes before they beat him to death on camera. Like "hey, fans! You like this character? Well fuck you!"

And then they make you play as Abby and are all "PLZ SYMPATHIZE"

How about no?

Imagine if this game were restructured and Joel's death happened like halfway through. First half is you playing as Joel and Ellie, with some switches over to Abby, so you actually get to know her and the other side of the story. Like make you empathize with her looking for her dad's killer or whatever it is, without you knowing just who it is. Imagine the shock when we find out it was Joel all along once the two stories finally intersect.

Jesus, I just came up with that on the fly for this post. These people worked on this for how many years?

• 3Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
TLOU2 update: Who was this game made for? Joel is in it for literally 5 minutes before they beat him to death on camera. Like "hey, fans! You like this character? Well fuck you!"

How about no?

Imagine if this game were restructured and Joel's death happened like halfway through. First half is you playing as Joel and Ellie, with some switches over to Abby, so you actually get to know her and the other side of the story. Like make you empathize with her looking for her dad's killer or whatever it is, without you knowing just who it is. Imagine the shock when we find out it was Joel all along once the two stories finally intersect.

Jesus, I just came up with that on the fly for this post. These people worked on this for how many years?

Apparently I'm an evil white male for not even bothering to play TLOU2. Sounds like I didn't miss out on all. FWIW I enjoyed the 1st one and it's 1st(lol) remaster

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

How about no?

That honestly would be so much better. It could actually work. Killing Joel feels like cheap shock or pure disrespect for the first chapter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Outside of it destroying the entire reason people wanted a sequel in the first place right at the beginning, none of the characters actions make any fucking sense.

It went from a game with average gameplay and a great story to a game with average gameplay and completely retarded story.

Abbie wanting to kill Joel because he didn't let her father kill a little girl is a god-awful starting point that it never even tried to recover from

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like