The Last of Us

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
What is the multi player like? Haven't tried it yet, but didn't even know this game had it until I saw it on the main menu screen.
it's a very slow paced, tactical multi-player. Very fun once you get into it and unlock stuff

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
6 hours in, just left Lincoln, and ran into the trap where I crash the truck.

This game is pretty badass. I'm yelling at the screen during cut scenes, and shanking or choking out dudes makes me happy. Really loving it!!

Crone

Make sure to post your impressions once you finish the game!
I'm sure it'll be nothing that hasn't been posted here before. 9 hours, 23 minutes into the game (love the stats!) and 52% complete so far. Just met up with Sam and his Dad, and are about to cross over the bridge at night.

The story is amazing, and as I play I can't wait to get to the next cut scene to find out what's happening. It mixes the right amount of story, with gameplay to make it fun and not tedious. Adds in just the right amount of exploring, imo, to where I can explore a bit, and not feel like I'm missing anything, or gimping myself. And then adds in just the right amount of surprises, to make you wanting more!!

Vaclav

Heh, "been there, done that" on the game and I'm still quite anxious for next month so I can play it again on the Remastered edition. (Although I've not done the DLCs yet either so I do have a few new experiences to get as well)

Crone

I wish they could bottle up the secret sauce they put into TLoU and sell it to other game companies. I didn't feel this way about any other games, I've ever played. Bioshock didn't do this for me in the slightest. I had no connection, and didn't care why I was doing what I was doing. Quit soon after I started playing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game was so good that a person did not even have to play it to enjoy it. Those kinds of games are indeed rare.

Vaclav

I wish they could bottle up the secret sauce they put into TLoU and sell it to other game companies. I didn't feel this way about any other games, I've ever played. Bioshock didn't do this for me in the slightest. I had no connection, and didn't care why I was doing what I was doing. Quit soon after I started playing.
Uncharted gets pretty close as well (it's the same people) probably about 80% of the "depth" to characterization and such. I've actually been pretty impressed with Batman: Arkham Asylum currently, the characterization and story doesn't have too many real surprises but the gameplay is very tight and authentic to what "Batman" really should be - I'd put it at a 90% of TLoU scale.

[Although the save system they used apparently sucks balls - if you do try Batman: AA - make manual backups of your save, power outage corrupted my save near the end on Hard... fun times]

Crone

Uncharted gets pretty close as well (it's the same people) probably about 80% of the "depth" to characterization and such. I've actually been pretty impressed with Batman: Arkham Asylum currently, the characterization and story doesn't have too many real surprises but the gameplay is very tight and authentic to what "Batman" really should be - I'd put it at a 90% of TLoU scale.

[Although the save system they used apparently sucks balls - if you do try Batman: AA - make manual backups of your save, power outage corrupted my save near the end on Hard... fun times]
Good to know! A friend list me borrow Uncharted 1-3, and that will be the next series that I start after I'm finished with the TLoU.

Then there is Ni No Kuni, Southpark, Dark Souls 1/2... ugh... so much goodness!!!

Vaclav

Still not played NNK. Own it though.

Not sure SP deserves to be on the list there, great game but different quality level overall.

Crone

Still not played NNK. Own it though.

Not sure SP deserves to be on the list there, great game but different quality level overall.
So if you had to list games that are at least 80-90% of TLoU, what would that list look like? And yes, I understand this is just your opinion...

Uncharted 1-3
Batman Arkham Asylum
and?

Vaclav

Mass Effect series (1 mostly as setup - and brace for the ending being weak, rest A+)
Resident Evil 4
Assassin's Creed 4 (note 2 is better by most counts, not done 2 yet myself)
Souls series (Dark being best Demons mid Dark 2 worst but all good - almost no characterization though)
Dead Space 1 and 2. (3 is decent, but passable IMO - lots hate it though)

Might be more I'll think of but out of the house on mobile so all off my head without checking trophy lists and such.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Uncharted is very good but TLOU is in a different category. Playing through Uncharted you can see they learned a lot from making them and improved over time. TLOU is pretty much the perfect culmination of their previous games with an amazing story line / world which really put it over the top.

World design in TLOU and the pacing was just about perfect. IMO, half of the TLOU is the excellent world design and how the world itself tells an excellent story without the need for any cut scenes. I don't think I'll ever forget the nursery w/ all the kids toys in that sewer area and the notes leading up to that. The world is full of stuff like that and its easy to find yet rewarding all the same.

Vaclav

Nod, Ked - part of why I put it at 80% of TLOU - it's superb, but TLOU is off the charts. (ugh... I don't mean the pun with referencing Uncharted there, honest...)

Heckler_sl

shitlord
I'm sure it'll be nothing that hasn't been posted here before.
Don't worry about it, I just really love hearing what other people thought about the game in its entirety
smile.png

Vaclav

If you call Amazon, they will usually change the price for you. Amazon is basically amazing.
It's already updated on my order - I wasn't concerned anyhow, I know they always update it with the most recent pricing. Was a praise, not a complaint. ^_^