The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

Lol maybe it's cyro + .... I remember doing the iron block stacking at that tower as well.... Or I just didn't think of it hahah

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just finished this game tonight. Holy fuck. Took me 6 weeks and about 70 hours. I did all 120 shrines and about 75% of the side quests. Amazing game, but by the time I went to Hyrule castle, I had maxed out all the upgrades on my armor and had all the best weapons so I kinda face raped my way to Ganon. Definitely top 5 video games I've ever played. I loved the fact that it took me so long to beat the game. I hate that most games nowadays can be finished in 10 hours or less. Just in time to buy Mario kart 8!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

stuck at like 104 Shrines, but I have only completed my "do all quests" for Gurdo and Rito - so I suppose I should still do the other villages before I go and look them up. Still fun to just futz around.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Used a guide to pick up my last 6 Shrines - what should I do now? I suppose top off all side quests, they have been fairly fun so far...

Did the dragon part farm at the lake one (lightning) where you make a fire and just keep sleeping morning, wake shoot and arrow, over and over - but all my scales and shit floated down in the water and I could not pick them up? it was annoying... not that i need money, but was kinda fun.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm just going to wait until all the DLC is out to finish up. So many other games on the backburner that need to be finished.

• 1Like

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I still can't find a Switch for anywhere close to normal price.

Funny note to that.. I was in Dubai the other night, and the stores in the airport had stacks of them.. like 30 or so, but they wanted $530 for it bundled with some dance game and a case. I passed.. If I could have found a Breath of the Wild bundle, I might have done it.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
How much DLC is planned?

Two DLC, $20 for both I believe.

First one coming out soon, it's mostly challenge modes and some cosmetic stuff. 2nd one later this year, supposed to be pretty significant with more story content and dungeon.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I still can't find a Switch for anywhere close to normal price.

Funny note to that.. I was in Dubai the other night, and the stores in the airport had stacks of them.. like 30 or so, but they wanted $530 for it bundled with some dance game and a case. I passed.. If I could have found a Breath of the Wild bundle, I might have done it.

Meh. The system sucks still. So do not pay scalper pricing or bundle pricing. Just wait. There will be plenty soon enough, I wouldn't buy the switch for this one game. You are better off waiting, or even finding a used WIi U. Hell, I would even let you borrow mine rather than see you throw away money on a pre-alpha launch of the Switch just to play this one game sooner rather than later. (Regardless of how good Zelda is)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Meh. The system sucks still. So do not pay scalper pricing or bundle pricing. Just wait. There will be plenty soon enough, I wouldn't buy the switch for this one game. You are better off waiting, or even finding a used WIi U. Hell, I would even let you borrow mine rather than see you throw away money on a pre-alpha launch of the Switch just to play this one game sooner rather than later. (Regardless of how good Zelda is)
The system doesn't suck. It might not be worth it right now due to it having pretty much no games exclusive to it. If you value portability at all then it is excellent, it just needs games.

Besides the left joycon sync issue, all of the hardware issue reports are basically nothingburgers. Pretty much the normal fallout rate, and Nintendo has been replacing switches no questions asked.

Right now if I got to pick any system for a game release that isn't heavily online, I would pick the switch even with the lesser graphics.

I do agree with you that the system software and infrastructure part of it should have been much more finished before release. It will get done though and it's not like by buying a switch now you won't get the updates when they do get released. By waiting a year what do you really gain (assuming you do get it when more games are out)? Maybe a bundled shit game like 1-2 switch?

But yeah, don't pay scalpels. I don't think it will be too long before they are readily available.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The system doesn't suck. It might not be worth it right now due to it having pretty much no games exclusive to it. If you value portability at all then it is excellent, it just needs games.

Besides the left joycon sync issue, all of the hardware issue reports are basically nothingburgers. Pretty much the normal fallout rate, and Nintendo has been replacing switches no questions asked.

Right now if I got to pick any system for a game release that isn't heavily online, I would pick the switch even with the lesser graphics.

I do agree with you that the system software and infrastructure part of it should have been much more finished before release. It will get done though and it's not like by buying a switch now you won't get the updates when they do get released. By waiting a year what do you really gain (assuming you do get it when more games are out)? Maybe a bundled shit game like 1-2 switch?

But yeah, don't pay scalpels. I don't think it will be too long before they are readily available.

Well, I guess if it is worth it for Eli to pay $360 for the Switch and Zelda, it's his call obviously. Aside from Mario Kart, and the soon to be delayed Odyssey (Have this affirmed but they are holding back the announcement because they think it will cause switch sales to stagnate until next year, rightfully so) and he plays portable a lot and wants that, it's up to him. I may get one eventually, depending on what comes out for it, but for me personally I am done plunking down $300 to play 3 games. 2 of which now I have already beaten to death and enjoyed on my Wii U.

Siliconemelons

I want them to remake Zelda 2 with BOTW engine - complete with all those awesome palaces and bosses.

As for story questions I still have... Does Zelda have all 3 Triforces? Her hand shows all 3 glow not just 1 or 2 with others faded - as shown in OOT etc.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well, I guess if it is worth it for Eli to pay $360 for the Switch and Zelda, it's his call obviously. Aside from Mario Kart, and the soon to be delayed Odyssey (Have this affirmed but they are holding back the announcement because they think it will cause switch sales to stagnate until next year, rightfully so) and he plays portable a lot and wants that, it's up to him. I may get one eventually, depending on what comes out for it, but for me personally I am done plunking down $300 to play 3 games. 2 of which now I have already beaten to death and enjoyed on my Wii U.

Yeah I think we agree on that part. The software landscape is pretty barren (though hopefully Mario isn't delayed). If you have a Wii U and don't care about the portability then there isn't much if any reason to own it yet.

If you don't own a Wii U then I'd say it is already worth it for MK and zelda

• 1Like