The Magicians

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Went back and read the book the other week, then decided to check out the second and third. They're not mind blowing, but the second in particular is a huge step above the first, so if you're bored waiting for S2, they're worth checking out. It left me really interested to see where they're going to take the series - there's a lot of interesting stuff to work with, especially if they step the quality up a notch like they did in S1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I still remember this time last year seeing the advertisements for this and thinking "oh lawd that looks dumb". I have never been more happy to be completely wrong in recent memory.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tell me about it. I looked at it thinking just another shitty sci-fi show. Huge mistake, this was awesome.

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is worth just to see Alice, the rest of the show being amazing is nice bonus.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Wow, fucking great show. Might push itself over 12 Monkeys as my favorite Syfy series.

Despite the Harry Potter / Narnia similarities, this show is not for kids. Some seriously twisted, dark shit goes down.

Highly recommend. Oh, and Alice's boobs.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
alice is in this...?

I might have to reconsider earlier impressions...first three episodes screamed fanfiction so i stopped watching

• 1Like

Cybsled

alice is in this...?

I might have to reconsider earlier impressions...first three episodes screamed fanfiction so i stopped watching

Show picks up the further in you go. It is worth the watch.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Its an alternate timeline then the books.

Yes, I forgot about this. They even make some really explicit call outs to this fact, including one character they meet later on referring to one of the new main characters by the name of the character in the book they replaced lol

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I was kind of disappointed that they didn't have a resolution with Martin at the end. How he could be trusted to "make a deal" with is beyond reason.

• 1Like

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I want to personally thank the TV House crew for turning me on to this show. Holy shit it was awesome and I can't wait until season 2, though I foresee that I will be spoiled by having seen the uncensored version, having to watch it with bleeps in real time is gonna be painful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious to see what kind of mayhem Reynard the Fox causes. Def. one of the more brutal scenes when the idiots summoned him.

• 1Like