The Magicians

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah it seems like a huge stretch for me, and far too convenient. I also don't like the idea that Martin is inherently corrupt or evil somehow - it really robs his character of his meaning in the story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I thought they were both adopted? if not, i rescind the whole theory.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Good episode. Fucking cliffhanger bullshit, though lol

Although kind of a plot hole I noticed

So Julia's baby has the power to stop anything that will harm the baby. Yet the Predator goblin thing is able to choke her out and the power doesn't kick in?

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Also, why didn't Penny just climb onto the pallet of gold bars instead of floating there like a fool?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Well, they did say Hitler was a battle magician. Makes sense there might be Nazi books out there that are enchanted with a similar world view lol

• 1Like

Azrayne

Man this show obviously has no fucking clue where they're going. I'm still along for the ride but it's a shame they're dropping the ball so hard.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Direction seems pretty clear

1) Julia has to deal with the Reynard thing
2) Q has to deal with Alice
3) Elliot and Margo have to deal with Fillory, primarily because Elliot cannot actually leave there physically again
4) Penny just wants to fix his hands

There isn't a big "kill the Beast" arc going, but in a way it is sort of a metaphor for college/becoming an adult. When you're in college, the goal is clear. Once you're out of college, it becomes less structured and less clear.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Azrayne

Which is my point, they've got 4 major sub-plots going on, building up to a fifth (magic is failing). Feels like they would be doing better if they tightened things up and stop wasting episodes/budget on crappy random sub-plot episodes (bank Heist, riddles with Fogg's ex, the asylum episode in S1, etc).

Also Elliot's wife looks like a chubby Alison Brie. Just putting it out there.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I know this is a controversial statement, but even though Alison is incredibly hot, I find her more cute than anything. Maybe it's just because of watching her for years as Annie in Community.

But as a result, I have difficulty sexualizing her. I mean, yes I could, but she's the type of chick (at least from the show) that I would want to hang out with all the time.

giphy.gif

Very sexy, but I still can't imagine doing really derogatory things to her.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

Watching her on Community is where I first found her so hot, that show sexualizes the shit out of her. And I'm not one to usually be obsessed with hot celebrity chicks, but goddamn:

4505749-george-holz2.jpg

54d91b58a924d_-_esq-alison-brie-0513-de.jpg

article-2309975-19533D4E000005DC-316_638x952.jpg

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I know that community would heavily sexualize her, but at the same time, she was also getting the "little sister" style support from other characters. Maybe that's why. I'm more the strange Troy & Abed type instead of the alpha Jeff Winger type.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Which is my point, they've got 4 major sub-plots going on, building up to a fifth (magic is failing). Feels like they would be doing better if they tightened things up and stop wasting episodes/budget on crappy random sub-plot episodes (bank Heist, riddles with Fogg's ex, the asylum episode in S1, etc).

Back on topic (would fuck Allison Brie in a heartbeat though), this show feels all over the place to me. They have too much going on without much in the future for payoff. Is Renard the big bad or is losing magic? The bank heist was a "cute" Oceans Eleven diversion but feel ultimately like a waste of time. They need to get it together if they want to have any sense of story this season.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I mean it's pretty clear what arcs they are focusing on: War in Fillory, Quentin trying to save Alice, Jules trying to kill Reynard.
There isn't some blatantly obvious foe they must come together and tackle like in Season 1, doesn't mean there is no story.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Pretty good episode

Wasn't surprised Julia lost her shade/soul when they did the abortion, but it was kind of funny watching her act like Martin/The Beast as a result.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Julia in "I don't give a shit" mode makes my peepee tingle. Not to mention that she's really fucking gorgeous.

c60ad813cca777d2297c606532bff49e.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Just started binge watching the first season. On episode 7 right now and it seems that if you don't give this show your undivided attention, it's hard to make sense of anything. The main group of 4 just turned into geese (I think) and flew to Antarctica where some weird Russian guy is conducting trials. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

• 1Like