The Magicians

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malkav

French Madman
I had a good laugh at the dragon going "Fucking millennials..."

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Another pretty damn good episode. Dragon was awesome. I hope they manage to keep this going a few more years, I am very curious to see where it goes.

Also I am strangely attracted to the librarian with the glasses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Also I am strangely attracted to the librarian with the glasses.
[bcolor=rgb(18, 8, 0)][/bcolor]
[bcolor=rgb(18, 8, 0)]Me too bro, me too.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=rgb(18, 8, 0)]But why the fuck is Julia all of a sudden acting normal again? [/bcolor]

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
[bcolor=rgb(18, 8, 0)]Me too bro, me too.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=rgb(18, 8, 0)]But why the fuck is Julia all of a sudden acting normal again? [/bcolor]
yeah, she stopped acting crazy/full sociopath in the underworld. Laughed, was genuinely happy to see her cult leader.
not sure if bad writing/acting. or if shes getting "better", as the hole fills in as we saw.
they did suggest an active choice to not be so uncaring, after realizing she was being awful. but, this is going way beyond that. shes not playing dexter pretending to care about family. shes just playing it normal.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
yeah, she stopped acting crazy/full sociopath in the underworld. Laughed, was genuinely happy to see her cult leader.
not sure if bad writing/acting. or if shes getting "better", as the hole fills in as we saw.
they did suggest an active choice to not be so uncaring, after realizing she was being awful. but, this is going way beyond that. shes not playing dexter pretending to care about family. shes just playing it normal.
Her shade was in the same "area" is what I am guessing.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, the latest episode was a good one. I really enjoyed it overall. Lots of shit went down.

Druggie guy is now the High King of Fillary.
Alice is back to life with shade re-attached.
Quentin & Eliot find a portal back to Fillary, but also discover one of the creators of that magic universe.
Kady is forced to kill Richard's congressman son.
Penny and the young library girl find a way into the poison room and retrieve their books, but library girl dies.
Kady and Julia try to take out Richard, but the real "goddess" stops them, because he's her son.
Eliot & Quentin plan to "capture" Fillary, but realize it makes them the same as The Beast.
Julia is rewarded for not killing Richard by having her shade returned.

Very full episode. I liked it a lot. So much shit has happened. There are quite a few new plots for season 3. And I think there's still one more episode for the finale, but this one could have been a finale on its own. Good shit.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Elliot stuff
So he invented democracy and no longer king, or more random fuckery like the rats?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It probably had something to do with the Druggie baker guy. He was very "cool" when the news spread, almost as if he was expecting it.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It probably had something to do with the Druggie baker guy. He was very "cool" when the news spread, almost as if he was expecting it.

Yeah but if he is still king he would explode on leaving. Problem with a story with magic is it can explain anything and everything.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a very good close to the 2nd season. I'm still very much hooked to this show. I wonder how they will fix things for 3. Good job on Quentin from being a hero to a complete failure in a matter of minutes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Bacon, sex, kills a god...then is told he is a fucking idiot and now they are all fucked ;p Definitely off the book rails quite a bit at this point, but I think the end result will be the same more or less. Julia has some magic powers still, even if tiny, as evidenced by the end of the episode.

Also lol at Margo "Fembot Nick Fury"

My theory for where the plot goes:

1) Penny is still alive, because they mention the cancer he had contained magic residue. If the magic is what made it powerful, then maybe it can be treated normally/it will go into remission. However, if they didn't evacuate the library, then he would be trapped with no teleport powers. My guess is the head librarian evacuated him before the magic was turned off, since we see her with him shortly before the scene ends.

2) The Niffin mentions that only things that drew from the wellspring are fucked and mentions unicorns and vampires are fine. So we know niffins are just manifestations that draw from the wellspring and thus are limited, but other magical creatures (like the fairies) draw their power from elsewhere. My guess is season 3 will revolve around trying to find the alternate source of magic. Pet theory is that the gods draw their power from somewhere else, so they will need to tap into that.

3) Julia still has a live connection, although weak. Maybe Persephone gave her the hookup as a pity present, or maybe she still has some residual godpower from Ember+Umber? It also stands to reason the god-slayer bullet would still work (if they have that) since it was essentially created from the god power source (Reynard's son). I bet Julia will try to seek out the Lorians, because they commented on how they had to learn to do magic with a shit power supply. Since Julia currently has a weak supply, they may be able to help teach her how to use it more effectively and powerfully?

4) Q will want to save magic and will probably help figure out some loophole with the gods or whatever. Maybe "Cuba" will come into play, since they didn't actually shatter the snowglobe? It is possible the Old Gods left it alone since it was not populated yet.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Was the Fairie's "cost" having Margo lose her eye? It wasn't clear to me why she was suddenly wearing an eye patch.

It does annoy me how the show jumps around quite a bit. People suddenly appearing in completely different locations for a scene.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yes. Then they took Fern's toes.

I dont think they mentioned what pot head gave.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I think just one person can pay the toll for the group, so Margo's eye got both of them back. I'm guessing the faerie queen said 'margo gives me her eye and you can both go back, no other deal' basically, so it's not like they had another option.

After thinking about the finale for a bit, I'm a little disappointed in that 'plumber of the Gods' angle. Ember/Umber made Fillory, including the Wellspring, it was suggested. Most magic on Earth flows from the Wellspring, but yet their parent Gods are the ones in control of it?
Like, it doesn't make much sense that Ember/Umber made the source of magic on Earth, but their parents are the ones in control of it. Either they didn't actually make the wellspring and Fillory, their parents did, or they shouldn't have that kind of control over it. Especially since there are other sources of magic that some creatures tap into, such as the vampires/unicorns/etc.., that could be deriving their power from other Gods. It seems like the whole 'magical study' style of magic that the Earth students use flowed completely from Ember/Umber's creation.

Idk, I tend to over analyze things I'm interested in, and I still like the show. It just feels a little thin.

• 1Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did Ember/Umber create whats 'inside' the wellspring or did they just tap into some kind of universal source of magic to help create Fillary, literally making a magic well to make it easier to get magic. I always found it odd how important the wellspring seemed to be and now nonchalant they were about fixing it. You'd figure other magicians and magical beings would have more stakes in restoring the source of all magic. But a bunch of creatures don't seem to use it for their magic so I guess there's other sources so it's not that big of a deal.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
That would be a decent explanation actually, that they created Fillory 'around' the existing Wellspring. Their parent god being the ones who powered the wellspring originally.

• 1Like