The Mandalorian

Cybsled

It was just a loophole that Din used. I don't think Bo-Katan would have taken the saber from him like that. Otherwise she would have challenged him by now.

Also it makes Bo-Katan look better morally and let her develop. The fact she didn't take the saber and tell Dinn it was hers now helped highlight she wasn't in a power hungry mindset. Think about how she was portrayed at the end of season 2 - totally gave off the "fuck you, that was my destiny!" vibe. Her being willing to help Mando in S3, and then not claiming the saber when it was easy, helped make her a more appealing heroic character

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a hard time taking Jack Black seriously, which works out fine for his comedy rolls, but less so when it's trying to be even halfway serious. Lizzo has all the acting ability of a cedar fence and I felt kinda bad that Christopher Lloyd had to try to act around that.

Other than that, it wasn't great, but not terrible; better than the Clone Wars robot centric episodes at least. I certainly enjoyed Bad Batch more this season than Mando so far.

• 3Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked this episode. Y'all take TV shows way too seriously. It was an entertaining 30 minutes.
We're all broken and dead inside. Everything must be carefully disected, grinded down, and snorted to the brain to be enjoyed.

Get your "I just think they're neat" ass outta here.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I liked the first 40 mins of CSI: Mando aka Clone Wars 2: Bo. But the last 5 minutes is fucking weird and didn't really belong. I just assumed its a fakeout, Bo Katan is gonna get killed in the next episode and the Dark Saber is back in contention but what if Din's part of it is over and now its Bo Katan taking back Mandalore? It would make most of s2 & s3 pretty fucking stupid, he got the dark saber, he never really mastered it, and then he just handed it over cuz he never gave a single fuck about it or ruling Mandalore.

I thought the Armorer was Sabine Wren and eventually she'll train Din in it, give some more backstory, tell Grogu about Kanan and Yoda, etc. Pretty sure thats not happening.

Still 2 episodes left so I'm reserving judgement but season 3 is wild in its swings, completely unfocused "no story for Din/Grogu" really, the tendrils it lays out but abandons for long stretches, and not touching at all what seems like obvious questions. Mando giving a 1 minute story of how he fought some creature on Mando, it beat him, then Bo beat it so she is the rightful owner was just whack as fuck. It was Harry Potter Elder Wand rules copied. Did he say it because he realizes their rules are dumb as fuck so he will say whatever to move the story? I really thought they were gonna explore this season the fact that the Watch's religious rules are insanely dumb, the Mandalorians rules are also dumb, and how Grogu is gonna fit into all that along with Din. But nope, he just goes along with whatever someone tells him.

Its weird. I liked the season more than most people because I just like seeing Star Wars world building that DOESN'T involve Jedi but I totally could see how some/many people HATE this season so far, and this episode especially with Jack Black and Lizzo cameos and that bizarre dark saber handoff really are hard to defend.

• 2Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
the shows overall story is just bad, like I still dont know what S3 is about or why Mando is even in it. Could have been BoKatan the series, which I would have been happy with,..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
the shows overall story is just bad, like I still dont know what S3 is about or why Mando is even in it. Could have been BoKatan the series, which I would have been happy with
oh my god, it isn't that difficult: Book of Boba Fett is obviously a show about the Mandalorian, Mandalorian is obviously a show about Bo Katan, Obi Wan is obviously a show about Princess Leia. Looking forward to the upcoming Luke Skywalker show about Salacious Crumb

• 3Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yes, i called this, they were gonna Harry Potter that shit.
"technically she won the darksaber already when the robot spider thing took it off Mando and she bested the robot spider, basically that dumb contrivance they used in Harry Potter."

it was fucking dumb in Harry Potter and its even more convoluted and obvious with Mando. the only emotion i felt was watching Doc Brown as an actual old as fuck Doc Brown. it made me sad. this show is fucking sad and written by hack morons. seriously, you rip off Harry Potter? at least rip off something good from there, not the dumbest part.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lizzo was disgracefully bad. So much art and care put in and then that.. They should have made an executive decision. Move her to a side roll and replace her with someone who can act.

The noname file person was also very bad, but Lizzo so bad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess we can pretend to play along and discuss this show like nerds. as in the mandos that killed the prison ship to break out Moff Gideon were the same Mandos in this episode? is Bo going to be blamed for their actions now that she is their leader/queen??

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the shows overall story is just bad, like I still dont know what S3 is about or why Mando is even in it. Could have been BoKatan the series, which I would have been happy with,..
only if it was bokatan w/ helmet on

no helmet starbuck is ugh

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait for Din Djarin to jump the Mythosaurus in the finale.

Fucking show sucks!

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This shit sucks. What the fuck did I just watch? This episode felt purposely bad. Also, in the galaxy far far away everyone seems to be a hambeast.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm assuming that at some point they will need the army of battledroids and have to go back to retrieve them from Lizzo

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This shit sucks. What the fuck did I just watch? This episode felt purposely bad. Also, in the galaxy far far away everyone seems to be a hambeast.
i could be wrong, unless that obese bulldyke in the control room was a celeb i never heard of, i think thats one of the "cast members" of the 6k per two night Star Wars hotel they built in WDW. i also didnt know that obese hoodrat was that flute player who won a bunch of grammies because diversity.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, this is probably akin to the previous seasons of each standalone episode building an ally Mandalore calls upon in the finale. Droid Army re-reprogrammed by Jack Black coming in for sure.

Weird episode. LIke Disney story meets CSI. Casting was picked by some Gen X dad and his tween kids. Wasn't terrible, I liked the world and the 1:1 CSI thing made me laugh, not sure if it was supposed to, but it did.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
i could be wrong, unless that obese bulldyke in the control room was a celeb i never heard of, i think thats one of the "cast members" of the 6k per two night Star Wars hotel they built in WDW. i also didnt know that obese hoodrat was that flute player who won a bunch of grammies because diversity.
That was another cameo from a known Disney character...

1680759521292.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a fucking terrible season. It's all schlock for kids. Retarded kids.

• 1Like