The Mandalorian

Qhue

Trump's Staff
1680953192168.png

They officially announced that he is Thrawn at the Ahsoka panel that is going on right now

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Commandant Hux (played by Domnhall Gleeson' s brother) and Captain Pelleaon were nice 'oooo' moments, as was the subsequent appearance of the Praetorians.

Gideon having his base on Mandalore makes quite a lot of sense given his supply of Beskar ore.

Pax Vizla going out like a boss was also good, though he was clearly wearing Beskar armor that had been socketed with crazy +Armor value.

Clearly the finale is gonna have a decent space battle between the Mandos and the Ties given the leaked Lego set.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Gideon having his base on Mandalore makes quite a lot of sense given his supply of Beskar ore.

I actually thought this was the dumbest part, like Bo has been on the moon next door chilling, and he has had a super imperial base with 1000 troopers and a ton of ships just next door and right under her nose, why didnt he take her out in her castle if he was just chilling here the whole time with all this stuff? Why did no one notice all this stuff happening or arriving to the planet given that there is so much going on, not the surface dwelling mandos, not anyone else??

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I actually thought this was the dumbest part, like Bo has been on the moon next door chilling, and he has had a super imperial base with 1000 troopers and a ton of ships just next door and right under her nose, why didnt he take her out in her castle if he was just chilling here the whole time with all this stuff? Why did no one notice all this stuff happening or arriving to the planet given that there is so much going on, not the surface dwelling mandos, not anyone else??
he didn't, that's why he requested them from the dark council or whatever they were at the beginning. he specifically asked for more troops, ties and bombers as well as 3 praetorians. i'm under the assumption that after the bombing of mandalore and while bo-katan was out running around the galaxy with her mando's is when gideon had that base built on mandalore. obviously the imperial remnant has been fighting for resources so i'm guessing that he didn't have much more than a skeleton crew to run the base. and it was a secret base so it's not like mandalore was getting a bunch of visitors that bo-katan could see from her ancestral home.

honestly, it's one of those silly grievances with star wars where they have faster than light travel, energy weapons, seemingly unlimited fuel (except for specifically when the plot demands they don't), but apparently worthless range on their scanners. but then you have to remember that star wars isn't science fiction, it's science fantasy. it's easy to get wrapped up in the tech side of things but that has NEVER been the focus on star wars.

• 3Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
he didn't, that's why he requested them from the dark council or whatever they were at the beginning. he specifically asked for more troops, ties and bombers as well as 3 praetorians. i'm under the assumption that after the bombing of mandalore and while bo-katan was out running around the galaxy with her mando's is when gideon had that base built on mandalore. obviously the imperial remnant has been fighting for resources so i'm guessing that he didn't have much more than a skeleton crew to run the base. and it was a secret base so it's not like mandalore was getting a bunch of visitors that bo-katan could see from her ancestral home.

honestly, it's one of those silly grievances with star wars where they have faster than light travel, energy weapons, seemingly unlimited fuel (except for specifically when the plot demands they don't), but apparently worthless range on their scanners. but then you have to remember that star wars isn't science fiction, it's science fantasy. it's easy to get wrapped up in the tech side of things but that has NEVER been the focus on star wars.
Yeah I understand all his requests, but they Gideon seems like hes been there a while and that base didnt build itself overnight.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Baby Yoda did nothing he couldnt do with his space bubble. yes, this was a decent star wars style episode, but it was also dumb. did the Mandos really need to come fully out of the tunnel to realize they were standing in an Imperial installation? wouldnt the storm trooper 2.0 attack give them a fucking clue that Imperial shit was nearby and be careful? why did Jesse The Body not go with Bo when he clearly had shit under control? do the red faggots only come out when they can stab someone?

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah I understand all his requests, but they Gideon seems like hes been there a while and that base didnt build itself overnight.
Until Mando went to Mandalore they thought the entire planet was toxic and unliveable. So no reason to keep an active watch on the world. Also almost every Star Wars show/movie has shown they have shit radar/sensors.

• 2Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

He did take out her castle right after she was a threat to find his base. As soon as someone found out that the planet wasn't unlivable, he launched his interceptors and bombers. He needed more cause Din and Bo blew a lot of them up on their escape the first time around.

They wondered why there was no destroyer around, it was because they launched from the planet.

I assumed no one noticed cause no one was watching. Bo seemed pretty alone and just pouting, not actively doing any watching of the planet.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome episode. Why couldnt we get more of this this season. So far 2 of the 7 have been good. Maybe 3.

• 3Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
on top of what others have said about scanners being terrible and no one having any reason to watch the planet in the first place, the empire has ALWAYS shown the ability to build planetary infrastructure extremely quickly at the extreme risk to their own workers. also, it's not like they needed to hollow out the base, the city was already there, they just needed to rebrand it with the empire logos and aesthetic

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Good lessons episode, never give your guns over to the government as they will lie to you and then bomb your planet anyways. Glad to see Bo Katan finally learned her lesson.

Most of the characters are still written in a "ok they need to do X to move the plot" instead of a way that makes sense for the character, but whatever, its kiddie Star Wars. Accept it and move on. Grogu in a mech suit! Giant lizard monster! Badass praetorians! An Imperial Droid on coruscant (LOL wtf)! Imperial holo conference with a Thrawn name drop!

It is what it is at this point, and even the producers confirm the show is about Mandalore now

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the Bo Katan show. i dont mind her having her own show, but why they took the show from Pascal to do it, i'm not sure. maybe thats why he's supposedly quitting the show.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
the Bo Katan show. i dont mind her having her own show, but why they took the show from Pascal to do it, i'm not sure. maybe thats why he's supposedly quitting the show.
He definitely feels like he’s phoning in his line delivery for this season.