The Mandalorian

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive read a lot of reports saying hes done after this season. So makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Not surprised. After season 1 I was liking the side characters more than Mando himself.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ive read a lot of reports saying hes done after this season. So makes sense.
he's been saying that for a while. katie sackhoff, on the other hand, by all accounts not only seems to really enjoy the fandom, but is also happy to have a job. if i were behind the show i'd give it to her as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
he's been saying that for a while. katie sackhoff, on the other hand, by all accounts not only seems to really enjoy the fandom, but is also happy to have a job. if i were behind the show i'd give it to her as well.
Plus she's a huge sci-fi nerd so that helps. You can tell she is actually trying in the show compared to Pedro who doesn't give a shit anymore.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Based on some posts here I was hopeful this would be a good episode. While it was better than most the season it still wasn't good. I love Star Wars but it fucking kills me to see it this way. This show feels like it is produced by Carnival Cruises and not Disney. It just fucking sucks.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Based on some posts here I was hopeful this would be a good episode. While it was better than most the season it still wasn't good. I love Star Wars but it fucking kills me to see it this way. This show feels like it is produced by Carnival Cruises and not Disney. It just fucking sucks.
some of the comments here sound like they're from women. oh look, Grogu is in a mech suit. awwwww. best episode ever!

• 3Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Homsar

Episode was better but still not better than the worst episodes from season 1-2

j00t

i'm really not sure what you guys who aren't enjoying this are expecting. as far as i'm concerned this is exactly what we've had for the entire show except more of filoni's stuff from clone wars. if you haven't liked the show from the beginning there's not much more to expect. i will add the caveat that the injection of season 2.5 of mando into the book of boba fett as well as gina being fired really screwed up the plan for this season, so some of the episodes feel rushed from a writing perspective (characters and scenes happen specifically because the following scene needs them to happen that way) but outside of that i'm happy with each episode for what they are

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hot damn what finale

However it's pretty depressing since all of this, the Ahoska show, Thrawn showing up, all this will lead into the mess that is the sequal trilogy and with the announcement of the Rey movie you know Disney is not retconning shit.

j00t

Hot damn what finale

However it's pretty depressing since all of this, the Ahoska show, Thrawn showing up, all this will lead into the mess that is the sequal trilogy and with the announcement of the Rey movie you know Disney is not retconning shit.
until we start seeing actual evidence of filming, i'm putting zero thought into anything disney announces.

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i'm really not sure what you guys who aren't enjoying this are expecting. as far as i'm concerned this is exactly what we've had for the entire show except more of filoni's stuff from clone wars. if you haven't liked the show from the beginning there's not much more to expect. i will add the caveat that the injection of season 2.5 of mando into the book of boba fett as well as gina being fired really screwed up the plan for this season, so some of the episodes feel rushed from a writing perspective (characters and scenes happen specifically because the following scene needs them to happen that way) but outside of that i'm happy with each episode for what they are
A large part of it for me is Grogu. The puppet was fine for the first season, where it gave a underlying uniting theme in, what I thought was going to be, a bounty hunter show. By the time season 2 was over, I was glad he was gone and thought it could get back to being a bounty hunter show.

Now, with him back, every show is pushing him one step closer to Jar Jar in my mind. I find the puppet aspects of it is especially terrible. Fucking stupid walk, stupid flying bullshit (that looks like some dude in a green suit is picking him up and airplane-ing him around), and his stupid fucking robotic movements in general.

The idiots of Mandalore dragon episode certainly didn't help either, and this whole season has been about giving background to the shitty sequels, that I have no interest in. It makes it look like Filoni was only given these shows if he promised to do to the sequels, with his new shows, what he did to the prequals with Clone Wars. "Ha-ha, you thought he was semi-independent, but he was under Kennedy's boot the whole time!"

The decision to have a cloning Paps storyline is so silly it hurts my brain and I hates it.

Also, I have higher standards when it comes to live action, than I do when it comes to cartoons. Although I have a small hatred of the robot episodes of Clone Wars, and Grogu reminds of those too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Hot damn what finale

Not the finale. Stil another episode.

• 1I Came

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Hot damn what finale

This show takes place 5-6 years after ROTJ, the sequels don't start for another 15 years, so that still leaves plenty of time to do some stories without falling into the mess.

Though obviously they are trying to bridge the gap story-wise with Brendol Hux being in the Shadow Council, or with the Praetorian Guards instead of the Royal Guards (and they have a look in between the two eras, with overelapping plates on the shoulders like the TLJ Praetorians but without the stupid ass full face helmets and instead having a mix of Mandalorian and Royal Guard helmets).

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once again the mandos feel clowny. Episode wasn't bad per se. It's just so low brow. I think what gets me is the choreography.

The guards at the end were pretty hype though. The cgi on the ships has also been top notch so with an impending space battle next week I'm expecting big things out of the next episode.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Once again the mandos feel clowny. Episode wasn't bad per se. It's just so low brow. I think what gets me is the choreography.

The guards at the end were pretty hype though. The cgi on the ships has also been top notch so with an impending space battle next week I'm expecting big things out of the next episode.

Choreography has never been a strong point of anything Star Wars, at least in live-action content. And with everyone in armor and with extremely restricted vision, I bet it's even harder to do anything that looks decent.

For the space battle, I have a feeling it won't really be an actual battle considering every important character is on the planet except the Armorer, I'm expecting a slaughter. In fact I was expecting the fleet to have already been wrecked when the Armorer came up above the clouds since they had no communication on surface..

I'm excited about the finale in any case.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Choreography has never been a strong point of anything Star Wars, at least in live-action content. And with everyone in armor and with extremely restricted vision, I bet it's even harder to do anything that looks decent.

For the space battle, I have a feeling it won't really be an actual battle considering every important character is on the planet except the Armorer, I'm expecting a slaughter. In fact I was expecting the fleet to have already been wrecked when the Armorer came up above the clouds since they had no communication on surface..

I'm excited about the finale in any case.
seems like they are setting up the Armorer to die and hand shit over to Bo and maybe Bo says helmets are optional. thats what it seems like. i prefer the Armorer stick around since she adds to the mystique of the Mandos.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
gus is fucking horrible, jesus christ he really is a one trick actor, just stick in him breaking bad los ninos or something

• 2Like

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doesn't it bother people that Pascal is not giving it his all (or whenever an actor does that)? You're paid for this role, all episodes. If I was a hiring director, I'd never hire someone like that.

As a fan its insulting to the source material and viewers. It's not a huge deal, just annoying.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
gus is fucking horrible, jesus christ he really is a one trick actor, just stick in him breaking bad los ninos or something
This episode really showed his limitations as an actor. He can be intimidating when subtle. corny and out of place when grandiose. And the bullshit Vader costume they put him in to tell the audience he's the bad guy isn't helping.
Doesn't it bother people that Pascal is not giving it his all (or whenever an actor does that)? You're paid for this role, all episodes. If I was a hiring director, I'd never hire someone like that.

As a fan its insulting to the source material and viewers. It's not a huge deal, just annoying.
I'm not a fan of his, but it's not an actor's role. Actors love seeing themselves on screen. It's very rare for an actor to be fine with being masked all the time. He probably thought he was going to be allowed to freely take off the helmet at some point like Bo, but nope. So he wants out now. That's understandable. But he should also understand that when you agree to a role, then you play that role the way they want you to.