The Mandalorian

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that's already what he's doing. he had complaints because without showing his face he was technically a "voice actor" and being paid as such. he's fighting super hard to take his helmet off just so he can get bumped up to live action actor. it always creates internal problems when actors start dictating what the writers have to do. sometimes the fans agree with the actor (henry cavil in the witcher), but usually it just comes off to the fans as an actor getting too big for his britches.

it's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens tonight, but i'm not expecting any paradigm shifts in that regard, quite yet
I don't believe the rumors that he complained. I think maybe they even planted those rumors on purpose setting up this whole "is Din Djarin really THE Mandalorian?" debate.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
A IG11 is pretty nogger proof. It'll handle most nogjunkies with swift justice. Town saved!
I want an IG-11 spinoff. I think it would be amazing. Do it like the old Droids cartoons form the 80s or something, nods back to that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't believe the rumors that he complained. I think maybe they even planted those rumors on purpose setting up this whole "is Din Djarin really THE Mandalorian?" debate.
he absolutely complained. it's just probably a contract negotiation tactic though. there's a difference between the kind of complaining you make when you want to quit, and the kind of complaining you make when you want a raise.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he absolutely complained. it's just probably a contract negotiation tactic though. there's a difference between the kind of complaining you make when you want to quit, and the kind of complaining you make when you want a raise.
its not unheard of for there to be last minute reshoots. they could have filmed that ending recently. i am not saying thats the case, but it sure seemed jarring to go from one arc to a super mega happy ending like they did. it made the bulldyke episode even more pointless.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i wasn't super impressed, it felt insanely paint by numbers but maybe i've just gotten spoiled by andor and bad batch. i kept thinking

"oh shit, axe woves (WHAT A STUPID FUCKING NAME) is flying to the fleet, he is gonna betray and fuck over all of them!"
oh guess not he's pretty competent and loyal, nm
"oh shit, the armorer is coming in with the troopers, she is gonna reveal she is satine and fuck over everyone!"
oh guess not, she is as boring and vanilla as she's always been
"oh shit, we're in that bizarre room where ray shields seperate each trooper FOR NO FUCKING REASON, we're gonna find out why it exists!" (I guess they guard the clone room?)
oh guess din just goes through 2 of them at a time, why is it guns work great sometimes but not at all other times
"oh shit, its a bank of stored clones, its gonna be Snoke and even though its stupid AF it could be cool seeing a bunch of force clones fight grogu"
oh never mind, din pressed a button and killed them all. is that button labeled like "fuck it" or something
"oh shit, Moff Gideon is gonna fight! wait this makes no fucking sense why is this dude going 1v1 against a lifetime fighter"

overall the entire season felt purposeless, I do hope they return to some semblance of overall goal and MMO quests but i'd rate this season as full of member berries and clone wars love but pretty weak in writing.

Still better than the sequel trilogy though!

I expected Pedro to remove the helmet on the vacation home to hint that he's more on Bo-Katan's side of what defines a Mandalore rather than the Armorer's, but then you'd need Pedro in every scene so I assume the show is gonna just duck that whole issue for a long time. I can't even remember the last scene we saw Pedro's face

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
its not unheard of for there to be last minute reshoots. they could have filmed that ending recently. i am not saying thats the case, but it sure seemed jarring to go from one arc to a super mega happy ending like they did. it made the bulldyke episode even more pointless.
yeah i wasn't super impressed, it felt insanely paint by numbers but maybe i've just gotten spoiled by andor and bad batch. i kept thinking

"oh shit, axe woves (WHAT A STUPID FUCKING NAME) is flying to the fleet, he is gonna betray and fuck over all of them!"
oh guess not he's pretty competent and loyal, nm
"oh shit, the armorer is coming in with the troopers, she is gonna reveal she is satine and fuck over everyone!"
oh guess not, she is as boring and vanilla as she's always been
"oh shit, we're in that bizarre room where ray shields seperate each trooper FOR NO FUCKING REASON, we're gonna find out why it exists!" (I guess they guard the clone room?)
oh guess din just goes through 2 of them at a time, why is it guns work great sometimes but not at all other times
"oh shit, its a bank of stored clones, its gonna be Snoke and even though its stupid AF it could be cool seeing a bunch of force clones fight grogu"
oh never mind, din pressed a button and killed them all. is that button labeled like "fuck it" or something
"oh shit, Moff Gideon is gonna fight! wait this makes no fucking sense why is this dude going 1v1 against a lifetime fighter"

overall the entire season felt purposeless, I do hope they return to some semblance of overall goal and MMO quests but i'd rate this season as full of member berries and clone wars love but pretty weak in writing.

Still better than the sequel trilogy though!

I expected Pedro to remove the helmet on the vacation home to hint that he's more on Bo-Katan's side of what defines a Mandalore rather than the Armorer's, but then you'd need Pedro in every scene so I assume the show is gonna just duck that whole issue for a long time. I can't even remember the last scene we saw Pedro's face

They purposely build up the hype / rumor mill you guys realize? I too was convinced we were going to get more connections to the cartoons and a longer finale. Still was awesome. Gotta remember that this show is meant for 5 year olds just as much as it's meant for 65 years old. When I watch it I turn off my adult brain (I left my adult brain on for Andor as a contrast) and just let 9-year-old pharmakos come out and enjoy himself. You guys tend to go in expecting way too much.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don’t give a shit about the cartoons. All I know is this season was a lot less fun than the previous two. Not obi levels of bad, but definitely has seemed rather pointless so far. I just didn’t need to see a lot of what has happened.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so, who were the spies?
i was thinking about it during this episode... i wonder if they just were referring to the shadow council as being "the spies." that's a silly answer, but technically they are all working under the radar... /shrug

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

It was very obvious during the Moff Gideon fight that his armor gives him a robotic boost, you could hear a bunch of whirring noises whenever he moved to punch or kick the mandalorians, he was relatively dangerous with the Darksaber in season 2 but here with his electro-weapon he didn't do much good, but he packed a punch with his armor for sure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There wasn't another revealed. Sometimes an episode title is just an episode title. It's pretty funny people raging cuz they expected one.
not raging, was just wondering who the spies were, we already knew about Bulldyke. i was disappointed there was no cool twist or surprise in this episode.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
not raging, was just wondering who the spies were, we already knew about Bulldyke. i was disappointed there was no cool twist or surprise in this episode.
Didn't mean you raging, but people on social media.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It was very obvious during the Moff Gideon fight that his armor gives him a robotic boost, you could hear a bunch of whirring noises whenever he moved to punch or kick the mandalorians, he was relatively dangerous with the Darksaber in season 2 but here with his electro-weapon he didn't do much good, but he packed a punch with his armor for sure.
It was like a wearable Beskar Dark Trooper Armor.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
They purposely build up the hype / rumor mill you guys realize? I too was convinced we were going to get more connections to the cartoons and a longer finale. Still was awesome. Gotta remember that this show is meant for 5 year olds just as much as it's meant for 65 years old. When I watch it I turn off my adult brain (I left my adult brain on for Andor as a contrast) and just let 9-year-old pharmakos come out and enjoy himself. You guys tend to go in expecting way too much.

yeah i didn't hate it, i enjoyed almost all of it and the episode i liked the best - ex imp scientist adjusting to life in the new republic - is probably the most divisive of the season.

Its just i only have room in my heart for 1 of these kind of shows, and Marvel/Lucas never do that. They'll see how meh Andor did in ratings, how people turned on Obi Wan, how Bad Batch probably didn't do great, and decide to make EVERYTHING like Mandalorian. Which will really suck.

Ahsoka should be very different, more adult and bigger stakes. the High Republic show should show Jedi's at their best and scary sith with a sheen of "This is the pax Republic, when life seemed perfect and timeless".

instead I'm pretty sure now most of the shows will be like mandalorian, meh writing thats just a thin facade to sell toys. and its all our fault, because not enough people watched Andor.

• 1Like

Cybsled

He literally crushes the dark saber, so he definitely had some power assist in that

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fun season, but the finale just felt too... clean?

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
yeah i didn't hate it, i enjoyed almost all of it and the episode i liked the best - ex imp scientist adjusting to life in the new republic - is probably the most divisive of the season.
This is rather significant lore wise. Gideon killed the scientist so that he couldn't reproduce his work to even other Imperials. It was Hux that wanted him and that would have fixed whatever problems they were having with Snoke and the Emperor.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Fun season, but the finale just felt too... clean?

It was so clean and final that, despite knowing more is coming, I went to go look up when this was filmed, cause I thought maybe they were preparing for a potential work stoppage due to a writer's strike. But this finished filming over a year ago and was written in 2021, so I assume F&F do not have that kind of foresight to know how far apart the sides would be.

Just a nice clean ending that hopefully heralds a reset that this series will be back to an adventure of the week bounty hunter show for a little bit and all the other Filoni shows can do bigger picture things.

• 3Like