The Matrix (1999)

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Such a long thread for Matrix, we need to remake one for 300, that thread on foh was crazy I wish I could find that one and only trailer that gave me chills like not even any movies ever could.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so if a healthy person unknowingly eats poison that kills them , how does the matrix know to flush them down into the food pond? i mean if you have nothing wrong with you and you have no reason to be dead, then why would you be?
I suppose they could just make poison not exist....I dunno.

As for 300, there's a "prequel/sequel" coming out this summer about the sea battle and other shit taking place with the Persians at the same time as the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300:_Rise_of_an_Empire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/

I assume it will be at least as historically accurate as the original so it should cause plenty of rage.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
so if a healthy person unknowingly eats poison that kills them , how does the matrix know to flush them down into the food pond? i mean if you have nothing wrong with you and you have no reason to be dead, then why would you be?
Everything that exists in the Matrix is a program, including poison or whatever else you would use to end your life. And I'm sure they have programs for monitoring what you do. Hell, they might even have your method of death pre-planned when you get inserted, who knows. I don't get how people who play video games can't figure this shit out on their own. How does a game program know when your character is poisoned? Duh.

It's like when Agents dodge bullets, they really aren't, cuz you're not firing a gun, you're using a program. They probably just have a counter program that calculates where your bullet program is gonna go faster than the time it takes for that simulation to actually take place.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Raes is The Architect. Argues like him, too.

Not sure who The Edge would be... someone help me out here.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Raes is The Architect. Argues like him, too.

Not sure who The Edge would be... someone help me out here.
Total faith in Neo and retarded pseudo-spiritual babbling? Duh...

KmMBBD4.jpg

KmMBBD4.jpg

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Oh, hell. What have I done?

You realize he didn't get his way, in the end, right?
No, he did not. But he's still "alive" and Neo is dead. Also, it was more of a re-negotiation than a loss. His primary goal is the survival of his species.

Siliconemelons

I suppose they could just make poison not exist....I dunno.

As for 300, there's a "prequel/sequel" coming out this summer about the sea battle and other shit taking place with the Persians at the same time as the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300:_Rise_of_an_Empire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/

I assume it will be at least as historically accurate as the original so it should cause plenty of rage.
My fav historical part of all these battles was where a buncha greeks got on the shore line and taunted and cursed at the Persians and made them landfall and chase them into a trap and slaughter rather than stay their course and rape the greeks a few miles down the shore.

There is also where Nike's got their name ;-)

should be a good movie - entertaining none-the-less

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Such a long thread for Matrix, we need to remake one for 300, that thread on foh was crazy I wish I could find that one and only trailer that gave me chills like not even any movies ever could.
Something about previews with NIN songs. I fell for Terminator Salvation for the same reason.

The Matrix 2 Highway chase scene is one of my all time favorite parts in a movie. Anytime I see it suggested to watch or see it on TV, I HAVE TO watch it. Same goes for the fight scene prior to it, I believe called matrix chateau fight scene. Never gets old. I think its the best fight scene in the whole triligy honestly. I think what draws me to these scenes is the fact that it isn't just zion vs agents/machines but the exiles (merovingian, key maker, ect) and smith virus as well as other factions who have stake in it. I can't stand good vs evil, or this guy vs this guy. I love movies where various entities are in conflict with each other. Anyways just thought I'd share since I am again watching the chase scene in its entirety and feelin pumped.

Both of those are basically one scene.
basically but because I am too lazy to bring out my own discs, I usually watch them on youtube which seperates them. That sequence always gives me the feels tho (from the Chateua fight, to the garage scuffle, to the chase scene, seriously epic. Neo coming in like superman in the end is cheesey but everything else A+.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The action scenes in the sequels are pretty good, but the story went down the toilet. That's what ruins them.