The Matrix reboot/remake

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Can we get a better reboot of Prometheus already?

I think enough time has passed by for it to happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
The Architect laid it all out in the 2nd movie. The "real world" is a false sense of choice for the 1% that doesn't buy the regular Matrix.

man this shit went over my head even after seeing it in theaters multiple times

it's a far reach, matrix within a matrix would have blown my mind like i thought it was

i was very annoyed at the sequels

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
man this shit went over my head even after seeing it in theaters multiple times

it's a far reach, matrix within a matrix would have blown my mind like i thought it was

i was very annoyed at the sequels
Sounds like you are apart of the 99% that accepts the matrix.

• 1Like

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
There's no fucking way. I wont believe it for a second.

• 1Solidarity

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
My Matrix 3:

"The One" could have been the 1% of the 1% who doesn't accept either matrix.

Could have had the real real world be a lush paradise which has recovered from man's pollution, no tech for Neo to use against the machines - he's alone - so you get your philosophical victory somehow that way. Have evolved animals as a twist, it's 10,000+ years in the future.

Machines could lack creative thought and can't figure out good enough solar panels/fusion reactors so still need humans, or they are protecting humanity from itself in a fucked up laws of robotics by imprisoning us all in a fantasy world. Maybe there wasn't even a war, maybe we went in by choice.

Virus storyline was a good idea badly implemented, could have been something other than Agent Smith. Humanity itself causing it would have been cool, maybe a Zion leader is doing it unaware destroying the main matrix will also destroy the Zion matrix and extinct humanity.

Have it end the same and everyone stays plugged in, maybe only Neo and Trinity know the truth. Trinity can get impaled by a mammoth. Sequel in 2020 with a new "one" on a new journey.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Find the clip you are speaking of, as I found my reference.

No

edit - it's a simple bit of dialogue between Neo and the Oracle. Neo is all like BUT THE OLD GUY SAID X and the Oracle is all like LOL HE CAN'T FIND HIS ASS WITH TWO HANDS AND A FLASHLIGHT

That's verbatum.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sounds like a King James version.

7th Day Adventist

I watched the Animatrix before I saw Reloaded and while the consistency is all over the place the good parts of that are so much better anything we got in Reloaded or Revolutions.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've seen a couple different bits of fiction where what everyone else was able to come up with ended up being better than the creators later additions to their own work. It's like you watch this movie or read this book and your mind is opened up to all kinds of possibilities. There's just all these things you can do with the world you've presented us. Everyone had conversations about the Matrix and even Reloaded. There was so much speculation. People had so many ideas.

And then the Wakowskis made Neo into Jesus 2.0 and threw in a DBZ fight to finish it out and everyone groaned. Lord do I hate Revolutions.

It's an odd comparison but Clive Barker's recent sequel to The Hellbound Heart, The Scarlet Gospels, is legit worse than the cheaply licensed comic books that bear the Hellraiser title. So many people had so many cool ideas given the world that Clive Barker presented and when it came for Barker himself to tell another story it was horrible.

The Second Renaissance Parts 1 and 2 were just so damned good. I wish we would have gotten that movie instead. The little touches like the AI narrator angel chick were great. For a brief moment in Reloaded you get a glimpse into the network that the humans had put together and I really thought we'd get more of that.

Nope. Dumb ass tribal rave scene.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Screamfeeder Screamfeeder here's your $500million idea.
We have moved on to rebooting the Nolan Batman series to a more comic like one. Thinking of getting Burton to direct. Jack Nicholson as Joker and Devito is big again and would make a perfect Penguin. How this has never been done before, I don't know.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
We have moved on to rebooting the Nolan Batman series to a more comic like one. Thinking of getting Burton to direct. Jack Nicholson as Joker and Devito is big again and would make a perfect Penguin. How this has never been done before, I don't know.
you still got that hook up.
i wants.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
My Matrix 3:

"The One" could have been the 1% of the 1% who doesn't accept either matrix.

Could have had the real real world be a lush paradise which has recovered from man's pollution, no tech for Neo to use against the machines - he's alone - so you get your philosophical victory somehow that way. Have evolved animals as a twist, it's 10,000+ years in the future.

Machines could lack creative thought and can't figure out good enough solar panels/fusion reactors so still need humans, or they are protecting humanity from itself in a fucked up laws of robotics by imprisoning us all in a fantasy world. Maybe there wasn't even a war, maybe we went in by choice.

Virus storyline was a good idea badly implemented, could have been something other than Agent Smith. Humanity itself causing it would have been cool, maybe a Zion leader is doing it unaware destroying the main matrix will also destroy the Zion matrix and extinct humanity.

Have it end the same and everyone stays plugged in, maybe only Neo and Trinity know the truth. Trinity can get impaled by a mammoth. Sequel in 2020 with a new "one" on a new journey.
good thing you didn't write the Matrix 3.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm pretty sure the matrix in a matrix was their intention, but maybe the writer who came up with that part quit and they had to go another way or the studio said no to their idea because it was too ambitious and would have interfered with their bottom line/release date. For whatever reason matrix 3 was a dumpster fire full of shit and needs to be reconned out of existence.