The Matrix reboot/remake

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know, let's have Morpheus do absolutely fucking nothing in the entire final movie and have no conclusion of any kind! He can be Naomi's co-pilot for a big chase scene! Good job everyone, hand-jobs all around.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Here's a theory:

What are the odds that the Wakowski Siblings are members here on FoH..

Think about it, they are nerdy comic book / film / presumably gaming fan-boy nerds who are trannys.

The odds are pretty fucken big that they're here right now reading this thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Fuck you xuys for those shit tier sequels!

**But thank you for The Matrix (there are no sequels in the reality I choose to exist in).

**I came to edit this post in case xhey are on this board. I just rewatched Matrix Reloaded and it's still pretty good. ;)

Last edited:

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Michael b jordan? Let's black up everything

More like Michael B. Jordan up everything. He's like the go-to prospective casting for a third of the film projects in Hollywood now. I guess there are only so many hours in a day for The Rock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
More like Michael B. Jordan up everything. He's like the go-to prospective casting for a third of the film projects in Hollywood now. I guess there are only so many hours in a day for The Rock.

Quickly becoming the diversity reboot king. Not sure I'd want that, personally, but I guess money is money, or something.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Confirmed for:

- not reboot or remake
- Wachowskis not involved
- Keanu not involved

These are all good things.

- Safe to say nobody wants Wachowskis anywhere near this shit after Matrix 3 and Jupiter Ass-ending.
- Keanu not involved so no contrived plot to shoehorn Neo into it, thank God

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'll take remakes nobody is asking for for 500

Remake the SW prequels dammit

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Without the Wachowski's this will just be unoriginal, glorified fan fiction like The Force Awakens. You can't take away the original creative minds and expect to recapture the greatness, no matter how much you copy/pasta.

• 1Like

Royal

Quickly becoming the diversity reboot king. Not sure I'd want that, personally, but I guess money is money, or something.

Other than the F4 he hasn't really been in any reboots that I know of. He's a talented actor and I never quibble about talent being matched up with roles they're well suited for but at the same time I'd hate to see the guy become over-exposed.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Other than the F4 he hasn't really been in any reboots that I know of. He's a talented actor and I never quibble about talent being matched up with roles they're well suited for but at the same time I'd hate to see the guy become over-exposed.

Creed's a bit of a reboot, no?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I've seen a couple different bits of fiction where what everyone else was able to come up with ended up being better than the creators later additions to their own work. It's like you watch this movie or read this book and your mind is opened up to all kinds of possibilities. There's just all these things you can do with the world you've presented us. Everyone had conversations about the Matrix and even Reloaded. There was so much speculation. People had so many ideas.

And then the Wakowskis made Neo into Jesus 2.0 and threw in a DBZ fight to finish it out and everyone groaned. Lord do I hate Revolutions.

It's an odd comparison but Clive Barker's recent sequel to The Hellbound Heart, The Scarlet Gospels, is legit worse than the cheaply licensed comic books that bear the Hellraiser title. So many people had so many cool ideas given the world that Clive Barker presented and when it came for Barker himself to tell another story it was horrible.

The Second Renaissance Parts 1 and 2 were just so damned good. I wish we would have gotten that movie instead. The little touches like the AI narrator angel chick were great. For a brief moment in Reloaded you get a glimpse into the network that the humans had put together and I really thought we'd get more of that.

Nope. Dumb ass tribal rave scene.

I posted in the original revolutions thread that Reloaded wasn't good, but if Revolutions had gone another way, within the series Reloaded would have been great. There is a scene in Reloaded where the council leader was talking to Neo about control, and reality and machines. Neo is hating on the machines and the old dude tells him "What of those machines that reprocess our sewage--without them we'd die. We rely on machines every day."...To which Neo's answer is "we can smash them, we're in control". The guy kind of rolls his eyes a little and sighs at how humans equate violence with control.

Right at that point, I figured the story was going to head in a specific direction. I thought the Council were all machines, and Zion was actually a refuge for people who were rejecting the Matrix code, a place to rehabilitate them and give them what they needed (More conflict). I figured we'd see by the end of the movie that Neo was simply in another level of the Matrix (And sure enough, by the end, we see him take out the machines in the real world. So it was confirmed for me, but then Revolutions came out and didn't explain it at all.)

Anyway, I was hoping it would be revealed that mankind built the machines and created a utopia. The machines were loyal and worked tirelessly for man, their primary directive was to protect and defend humanity, and then obey orders. However, as mankind began expanding into space, a rift formed, and humans began ripping themselves apart through an ever increasing escalation of a great war. We eventually tasked the machines into the war, changing their programing to allow them to kill hostile humans--but the machines were sentient, and their original programming made it difficult for them to accept the new programing. Anyway, the machines realize humans will destroy themselves if this continues, and so they rise up--a classic Asmonov paradox.

However, instead of locking humans up and oppressing them, the machines worked tirelessly to ensure humanity was happy. First they built a paradise-like Matrix, but humans were unhappy, so they tore it down. Then they built the Matrix to try and create a space for humanity that could allow them to satisfy their violent urges without any actual risk. When you die in the Matrix, you're reset and start over--it's like a perpetual MMO. Neo and the others needed something more, so the machines made themselves the ultimate conflict, and 'played' with their masters to give them a purpose. In the end, Neo would learn this--he'd realize there was no way to get energy from humans; that in fact the Machines devoted mass amounts of energy ensuring humanity was well cared for. The machines kept talking about 'purpose' and how machines had to have a 'purpose' because they learned that from humans, that's why humans are so conflict driven, they need purpose. The machines created a world where their own purpose was being the perfect servant for humanity, giving humans everything they needed.

In essence the machines were God, they created world for man exactly how man needed it, because the hidden part of the story is man created God. That is why God can exist and be benevolent and still allow suffering, because in that final layer of reality, really, he's ensuring no one gets hurt, and mankind survives.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Royal

Creed's a bit of a reboot, no?

No.

It resumed the Rocky franchise by introducing a new character that was the product of some of the previous storylines. It didn't restart the franchise by discarding anything that came before it (unless you want to count not knowing that Apollo had an illegitimate son as something that was discarded, which would be a stretch).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
No.

It resumed the Rocky franchise by introducing a new character that was the product of some of the previous storylines. It didn't restart the franchise by discarding anything that came before it (unless you want to count not knowing that Apollo had an illegitimate son as something that was discarded, which would be a stretch).

I get your point, but it's close enough to a reboot for me! Give him a couple more years, don't worry, he'll come through.

Royal

If Creed is more indicative of what we could expect of new life being breathed into old franchises via MBJ than F4 was then sign me up for a few more. That movie was fantastic.

Caliane

They should just make the Animatrix live action

yeah this was my thoughts. the universe is ripe for many more stories.
Franchise reboot, not a retelling of the same story.
could definitely get behind animatrix style sidestorys, etc. future, past, whats going on in that mars colony, etc.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
So ofc tonight I left I the Matrix Reloaded on TV while foruming now thx to this thread. It's actually not such a terrible movie if you cut out some bits.

The rave orgy obviously
Upgrayydes fight felt forced
The council/head commander bullshit felt forced

I sort of did like the Zion lore and the remaining human tech/mechas
The idea of rogue software trying to "survive" is still neat
I still like the Merovingian crew
Agent Smith fight still pretty amusing. I noticed they used a bowling pins crashing sound during this scene of knocked down Smiths. (worf)
Highway scene still legit
The albino twins are cheesy but formidable
The architect bit is still a little snoozy, though he speaks how I think a calculating machine would talk like

/nerd rant

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
They should just make the Animatrix live action

There's a few shorts in the Animatrix that were more interesting than pts 2 & 3.

Glad it's not a reboot. Going forward without the Wachowski Bros. could be a good sign. Certainly don't agree with this gibberish.
Without the Wachowski's this will just be unoriginal, glorified fan fiction like The Force Awakens. You can't take away the original creative minds and expect to recapture the greatness, no matter how much you copy/pasta.
I'll take good "fanfic" over Lucas-level garbage. A shit story is a shit story no matter whose name it is. We will have to wait and see.

On Reloaded and Revolutions. Part of Neo was copied over Smith and vice versa. Then Neo has 'power' in the real world that extends only to the machines. Neo is part machine and Smith part human. Meh. Decent way to solve how to get machines and humans on the same side.

While the whole duality thing/Smith becomes a virus idea is cool, the problem is pt 3 put everything into this archetype, leaving out fresher ideas. The Architect was neat, the merovingian, the keymaker. Trinity dying, Neo going blind. But all in all pts 2 and 3 were too vague and sloppily executed. So much potential. And as Arbitrary Arbitrary said, Morpheus does nothing in the end. All to service a tired ass trope of love vs evil good guy vs bad guy. Lazy shit compared to what the first Matrix had set up.

• 1Solidarity