The Metal Thread

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the recommendations. I guess I could have been more specific. I do like Bloodbath and Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated I was aware of but not too familiar with. Just listened to some stuff off Carnival is Forever, good stuff.

I started listening to death metal around '94 or so with the staples, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Obituary, lot of the Gothenburg stuff, etc. Started getting on IRC a few years later and got into stuff I hadn't been familiar with up to that point (Angelcorpse, Nembrionic, Consolation, Beheaded, Cephalectomy, Impaled and some Australian bands like Damaged and Abramelin). I never really got into the brutal death metal stuff like Disgorge or Devourment or a lot of black metal (most black metal I've ever been into would more likely be categorized as black death, like Belphegor). I guess it was probably around '05 or '06 where I just slowed down on hitting up the music stores and going to shows for a variety of reasons.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think many people here will enjoy this, but the new Rosetta is probably my favorite release of the year so far.

http://theanaesthete.bandcamp.com/
Well I don't think Rosetta are a metal band, so die hard metalheads won't enjoy it, most likely. It's more post-rock imo. The Galilean Satellites is amazing though, and I don't care what type of genre you prefer, everyone should give it a listen.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Well I don't think Rosetta are a metal band, so die hard metalheads won't enjoy it, most likely. It's more post-rock imo. The Galilean Satellites is amazing though, and I don't care what type of genre you prefer, everyone should give it a listen.
Genre overload maybe but they're about as defining of a post-metal band as possible. Maybe that makes them not metal, but whatever.

You're in Brooklyn right? Do you like Rosetta? They're playing at Saint Vitus tonight with East of the Wall and KEN Mode. Collectively three of my favorite bands.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Genre overload maybe but they're about as defining of a post-metal band as possible. Maybe that makes them not metal, but whatever.

You're in Brooklyn right? Do you like Rosetta? They're playing at Saint Vitus tonight with East of the Wall and KEN Mode. Collectively three of my favorite bands.
Nah I live in Jersey but I go to all the shows in NY. I try to avoid Brooklyn lmao. But definitely sounds like a good show, I'd go if it wasn't my friends 21st birthday.

And yeah, for some reason post-metal isn't metal? ISIS for instance, I get a lot of shit for loving ISIS since they're not a metal band... idk.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Genres are weird. I definitely consider Atmospheric Sludge and Post-metal to both be Metal. To each their own though.

Seventh

Golden Squire
A guy on my forum just posted this up, his band's first real video. Pretty ripping oldschool power metal.