The Netflix Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wet Hot American Summer is atrociously bad. Just amazingly bad with a mid-tier TV star cast.

They're trying to trade on 80's nostalgia, and they're making jokes for 5 year olds. In order to trade on the nostalgia they have to be making jokes for at least 10-12 year olds.

I mean atrocriously bad. It's got 1 star. It deserves less.
I don't think you understand... things.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
rrr_img_110234.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to drop this again because its been awhile, butHeadhunterswas a really, really good movie. Completely subtitled, but well worth it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I watched it last weekend based on his comment, and I forgot to reply that it wasn't very good. Now, it wasn't as bad as I am imagining Slaythe is going to say it was, but it wasn't anything I'd tell someone else to watch.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My brain is attracted to horrible movies so it cannot bypass a zombie/ice age apocalypse movie.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I watched it last weekend based on his comment, and I forgot to reply that it wasn't very good. Now, it wasn't as bad as I am imagining Slaythe is going to say it was, but it wasn't anything I'd tell someone else to watch.
Yeah. I thought it was pretty awful. Acting was ok, but the family story wasn't anywhere good enough to make up for just how dumb the plot was. If that had been extremely compelling, they may have had the actors to carry the rest. I just don't think it was...at all.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sarcasm, right?
No, I genuinely enjoyed it. I thought the story that played out was pretty good personally and it was a refreshing take on zombies imo. All in all for a low budget flick, it well done imo. Don't go in expecting it to be nominated for awards, but it was a pleasant surprise I thought.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Also, The Hunt which is a foreign film with the actor from Hannibal in it. Really solid movie as well, although I am not sure if its still on Netflix.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
WatchedInfinilast night randomly. Kind of an odd psychological space horror film. Very Event Horizon vibe from it. It wasn't amazing but it did keep me entertained the whole way through.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I could have sworn someone made a thread about it or mentioned it somewhere, or maybe I actually saw the trailer in the theaters, but I can't find any mention here. Anyway,The Final Girlsis out on certain sites, and digital on-demand, and is listed as coming to Netflix in November, so hopefully it will qualify for this thread. It was pretty much what you would expect from the trailer (teens from the "real" world get put into a slasher flick), but I enjoyed it. I'd give it a solid 3 out of 5 stars, maybe 3.5. If the trailer remotely interests you, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Trailer for the lazy:

Siliconemelons

Finally watched kill Bill vol 2- saw 1 in theaters didn't appreciate it... 2 was quite enjoyable :) and super lulz @ the end when they where going through all the characters with a scene from the movie and they get to bill and its him just dead on the ground lulz.

iannis

Musty Nester
Murray I like, but seeing Paul Schaffer in it kills it. His music is just so bland and milqetoast. He is undeniably a consummate studio musician, but Nelson Riddle he is not.

iannis

Musty Nester
Redletter guys did a year in review and I pulled down a couple of movies that I wasn't even aware of otherwise. Some of 'em might even be good!

iannis

Musty Nester
Welcome to Me (Kristin Wiig) isn't on netflix yet... or maybe ever... but that movie is truly disturbing.

Caliane

Harbringer down.

"The Thing" on a boat. total ripoff. but pretty fantastic practical creature effects. as real and gruesome as the original.