The Netflix Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Getting to see them tittys in Riddic was nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just watched, 'They're Watching' streaming on netflix.. A low budget comedy horror that is a bit of a gem if you feel like being entertained while your brain is switched off.

Pros: Humorous dialogue in the first act
Funny Eastern Euro guide, Vladimir (He's a trope, but an effective one)
Mostly solid acting

Cons: Characters do some dumb stuff in order to service the plot
Full of tropes

1st act is humor, 2nd act is horror, 3rd act is over the top wacky (purposefully, I think) and in my opinion a "fuck you" to the original Blair Witch. The 3rd act could be a pro or a con, depending on your mood.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I did not see titties listed in either pros or cons. This is valuable information. If it is low budget but sort of funny, and has titties, I'm more likely to watch it.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I apologize for the sparseness of this report, meng. Sadly, no titties. =(

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm super surprised how much I enjoyed Longmire. It's basically NCIS in Wyoming with the way it has a new goddamn dead body every week, but somehow it doesn't bother me and I wound up getting really in to it.

• 1Solidarity

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm super surprised how much I enjoyed Longmire. It's basically NCIS in Wyoming with the way it has a new goddamn dead body every week, but somehow it doesn't bother me and I wound up getting really in to it.

It was Starbuck. You liked to see Starbuck I. Some tight Ass jeans right?

You can see some sideboob in that awful Riddick sequel if you want.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Been watching a Netflix Original series called Easy recently. Not a movie but a series of 30m stand-alone episodes with different casts. Some well known people like Dave Franco, Orlando Bloom, and some randoms/smaller people.

It's interesting and I can relate to a lot of it but it is seriously just making me dislike Millenials even more (and technically that's my same generation, being only 31).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched it all with my gf. They did a great job of making every single male (Except Orlando Bloom's Character) annoying and unlikable. Plus it was just kind of a weird show that really didn't say anything about... anything.

iannis

Musty Nester
I watched Longmire based on this thread.

It's like a cowboy version of 90's Law and Order. Remember how thick that show got? Like that, except cowboys and indians.

It's actually really good. Except I wish they'd let Major Dad play some OTHER character. I wanna see Major Dad as the Cowboy one of these days.

And yes, a fair part of that was Starbuck.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I watched it all with my gf. They did a great job of making every single male (Except Orlando Bloom's Character) annoying and unlikable. Plus it was just kind of a weird show that really didn't say anything about... anything.

That's pretty much it. It's a show about nothing! Not like Seinfeld though :p

I couldn't get past the first episode of Longmire.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched A Christmas Horror Story last night. I found it surprisingly enjoyable. 4 mostly well done stories centered around people from the same town. I really liked Santa vs the zombie elves.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Netflix Original movie, Coin Heist, popped up on my feed because of something else I watched. Probably just another Netflix Original, since I've watched Trollhunters and Travelers recently.

This movie was so fucking bad, I can't even understand how it was made. After watching a couple of minutes and seeing how bad it was, I left it on while I was doing other stuff just to see if it had anything at all redeeming in it, but nope. Four college kids come up with a plan to do some shady shit at a federal mint where they make the coins, and it is literally the dumbest plan ever. The reason they need money is dumb, the decision to target the mint is dumb, the plan to do what they do in the mint is dumb, the plan for what they want to do afterwards is dumb, the execution is dumb, the resolution is dumb, and the actions of everyone else, both at the mint and at their school, is dumb. If anyone ever tried this for real, they'd be in federal pound me in the ass penitentiary for the rest of their lives after being caught two minutes into their caper.

I'd go on and on about how dumb it was, and how dumb the characters were, but I've already wasted more time than it is worth. I'd have rated it zero stars but it won't go that low. Avoid at all costs.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I watched Travellers. It's actually not horrible. Don't go into it expecting great sci-fi. Because it's not. It's a "time travellers from the future" premise. Some of the episodes in the back half start to get a little too thick. But it's also really well done. It's nicely put together and has some excellent scenes and all around it's entertaining if you're willing to not expect too much.

I didn't watch it but I saw coin heist, read the blurb, and thought "That looks like the dumbest thing ever". Sometimes you CAN judge a book by its cover!

spronk

FPS noob

One year after the existence of the afterlife is scientifically verified, millions around the world have ended their own lives in order to “get there”. A man and woman fall in love while coming to terms with their own tragic pasts and the true nature of the afterlife. Coming to Netflix March 31.

weird

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Riverdale, it fucking sucks! Modern take on the Archie franchise with oodles and oodles of exactly the same garbage you, hopefully, avoided having to watch in other shitty teen dramas. It fucking sucks and I want my money back. Yes, it is on Netflix and yes, I still want my money back.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Man. Maybe it was the audience or his constant assumption that Nashville is a little hicktown but I never got above a chuckle during the new Bill Burr special. He just rehashed a lot of jokes and made sound effects way too much of the time. Easily his worst to date.