The Netflix Thread

Rime

<Donor>
Yeah. I cannot recommend Hola enough to people. So long as you do not do something stupid (Like call Netflix Customer service and complain about it), you are highly unlikely to have your account terminated.

Plus, there is a huge amount of content on the Canadian and the UK versions of Netflix that is not available on the US version. Not to mention the other way around for you folks who live outside of the 'states'.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Excellent, excellent documentary thing on Ray Harryhausen.

I enjoyed the part where people danced around the notion that modern digital special effects were mostly shit
biggrin.png

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plus, there is a huge amount of content on the Canadian and the UK versions of Netflix that is not available on the US version. Not to mention the other way around for you folks who live outside of the 'states'.
The dutch version of netflix has a huge amount of content that is not available to it.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Excellent, excellent documentary thing on Ray Harryhausen.

I enjoyed the part where people danced around the notion that modern digital special effects were mostly shit
biggrin.png
Yeah I watched that awhile back, it is very good. I grew up on those Sinbad movies and stuff so I ate that documentary up. You also get to see just how fucking cool Peter Jackson is, as if we needed another reason.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. I cannot recommend Hola enough to people. So long as you do not do something stupid (Like call Netflix Customer service and complain about it), you are highly unlikely to have your account terminated.

All of Season 5 for Breaking bad instead of just the 1st half. Hola is great
smile.png

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Into the White. Very good World War 2 drama based on real events. German Pilots crash deep in the snowy mountains in Northern Europe (I think it is Norway) along with another 2 pilots who crash landed in the same area from England. The two sides find each other in a Cabin and struggle to survive, with each side getting leery of each other but become closer as time goes on. I won't reveal the ending, but you will like what you see. Especially the real life ending once you read about it on Wikipedia. If you are a WWII buff, this is a great flick to watch. I wish there were more like it out there.

I am about ready to fire one up called "The Road". Looks interesting. Father and son after the apocalypse.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched an Irish flick called "Grabbers" last night. The premise sounded hilarious but it was hugely disappointing. It showed promise in the beginning but got very boring very quick. It's about an Island in Ireland that gets invaded by a tentacled alien species, their only defense? Get super drunk because it's toxic to the aliens (who drink blood)

Caliane

I watched an Irish flick called "Grabbers" last night. The premise sounded hilarious but it was hugely disappointing. It showed promise in the beginning but got very boring very quick. It's about an Island in Ireland that gets invaded by a tentacled alien species, their only defense? Get super drunk because it's toxic to the aliens (who drink blood)
I actually liked it.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but I saw Chopper a while ago. Dark, dark humor/drama from Australia, with Eric Bana before he got famous.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wild Billis pretty fantastic, I was slightly worried it might have copied Pulp Fiction's style ala Snatch (which was still good obviously)

Canadian Netflix, hopefully its available elsewhere.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks, watched it last night andbit was pretty cool!
It really was awesome.

I'm in love with documentaries on Netflix. Just watchedCraigslist Joe, documentary about a guy who lives only off craigslist for 30 days in december, no cash/car/etc. Just his laptop/cellphone (and a guy filming it, which could lead to people being more open about certain situations).

Also just watchedServing Life, which is a documentary I think done by Oprah's network about prisoners serving life terms in Angola prison that volunteer for the hospice program. Really well done.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Haywire was better than expected. Not great, but good enough I thought. Gina corano verbal acting needs some work but her physicality is always impressive.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished the Wild China series, 6 episode long series, ~50 minutes each episode. damn amazing.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Just got done watching Killing Season with John Travolta and Robert DeNiro. Pretty good

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I didn't make it 10 minutes into Haywire. I may try again later.

I'm going to try to pick up Lilyhammer again. I had watched 5 episodes when it first came out but drifted away from it. People always point to House of Cards as being Netflix's first original series, but Lilyhammer cam out way before it.