The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
LoL, this was on Anthony Barr's Instagram.

rrr_img_89411.jpg

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Saw em both play. Montana was better. I mean christ man. 4-0 in SB's. No picks. and what? 10 TDs? He was what Brady is now pretty much. He did have a better cast around him though.
There's arguments on both sides.

Brady has only ever had a major receiver once and he broke records. I can only imagine if they had Moss in his prime for 5 years what they could have accomplished together.

Joe did have the better supporting cast but he also played in a time where you could basically beat up the receivers down field as they went for the ball and QB's weren't nearly as protected.

If we want to go off Super Bowls, we know what Brady can do with 6 Super Bowls, that's something we will never know with Joe. Going to 6 is ridiculous.

Who was/is better, Joe Montana or Tom Brady? I don't know, but the fact that you can have that conversation at all and have it be a legitimate conversion that you aren't totally blowing off speaks volumes in of itself. Like him or hate him, Tom Brady is in that conversation and in the company as one of the best of all time.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could watch this video 1000 times and still get joy from it.

Edit: After watching it 1000 times, I can confirm it still gives me great joy.
I'd still be masturbating to this if my dick weren't already weathered like a deflated football.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I texted my brother at halftime that I thought Bam Bam Bigelo did a great job at halftime. Apparently I wasn't the only nerd who thought that...

rrr_img_89413.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'd still be masturbating to this if my dick weren't already weathered like a deflated football.
I was hoping if Brady lost he would have told the press he was deflated, and just flat out ran out of air in the 4th quarter.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The worst play call in history made me forget what I was thinking just prior--Shouldn't Belichick have called a timeout?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The worst play call in history made me forget what I was thinking just prior--Shouldn't Belichick have called a timeout?
It's funny. That would have been the entire story had the game unfolded normally.

Yeah, probably. But he was gambling on his defense by keeping the pressure on Seattle. You could argue it's just another brilliant move by him, helping to force them into bad play calling. But the fucker took a SB away from my Iggles, so I'll just ignore all that and call him and Brady lucky cheaters.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The disgusting thing is, the Patriots will continue to be the favorite in the AFC. The Colts are still likely a year+ away, and the AFC North will continue to beat each other up before one of them gets to the Patriots.

Sure, one of these years, Brady "leaves" (realizes he's about to be dropped and gets out ahead) and Luck takes the throne, but there's no real reason to believe that's happening in the short term, is there?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Maybe. I think the thing is against an amazing defense, there's less opportunity to command receive-then-OOB first downs on a quick drive. The discretionary TO may net you more plays on the back end versus just gaining a flat 20 sec by salvaging a single play clock.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The other things people need to talk about is how Seattle was nearly 2 points down, on the 35ish, with a minute and 3 time outs. Instead Wilson wasted time outs on those delay of games a few plays prior to the INT, and the defense completely fucked up by encroaching instead of forcing Brady to safety.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The disgusting thing is, the Patriots will continue to be the favorite in the AFC. The Colts are still likely a year+ away, and the AFC North will continue to beat each other up before one of them gets to the Patriots.

Sure, one of these years, Brady "leaves" (realizes he's about to be dropped and gets out ahead) and Luck takes the throne, but there's no real reason to believe that's happening in the short term, is there?
The Colts are a shutdown Corner away... maybe a #1 WR away. They have a bit to get over in the draft. Colts are very close in the same token.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
wow some butt burt bandwagon pats fans here.

Uber as the only realpatsfan what are you doing with life these days?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hate the pats but they have made some of best superbowls. i stll love the rams titans as one of my favorites

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Colts are a shutdown Corner away... maybe a #1 WR away. They have a bit to get over in the draft. Colts are very close in the same token.
Colts need some work on the Defense first and foremost. If the Patriots carve them up - for 3 consecutive games now - running it through the middle, any decent team can. They can't get to a SB, let alone win one, before they solve that.