The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Saw em both play. Montana was better. I mean christ man. 4-0 in SB's. No picks. and what? 10 TDs? He was what Brady is now pretty much. He did have a better cast around him though.
better cast is an understatement. bradys played with a grand total of 3 pro bowl receivers in 14 years

joe had the literal best player, at any position ever, on his team

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Now that I've slept on it (It was tough to fall asleep), I still can't believe the playcall. I heard Pete's 'explanation' and the reaction so far and I still don't agree. As said before, if you lose the game by not getting Lynch to stuff it in, so be it. You cannot lose the game like that. All that being said...

Seattle had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and couldn't stop Brady. You're supposed to be the #1 defense and you let that happen. Not only that, but the Seattle offense went 3 and out twice in the 4th just handing the ball back to Brady. Seattle had full control of this game going into the 4th quarter and allow NE to come back. And then even beyond all that, they get a gift reception and are put on the goal line and they still screw it up.

I'd still love to know what Belichek was thinking not using timeouts on the goal line there.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
lol

MNKOY1M.gif

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Now that I've slept on it (It was tough to fall asleep), I still can't believe the playcall. I heard Pete's 'explanation' and the reaction so far and I still don't agree. As said before, if you lose the game by not getting Lynch to stuff it in, so be it. You cannot lose the game like that. All that being said...

Seattle had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and couldn't stop Brady. You're supposed to be the #1 defense and you let that happen. Not only that, but the Seattle offense went 3 and out twice in the 4th just handing the ball back to Brady. Seattle had full control of this game going into the 4th quarter and allow NE to come back. And then even beyond all that, they get a gift reception and are put on the goal line and they still screw it up.

I'd still love to know what Belichek was thinking not using timeouts on the goal line there.
I mean, the human side of it was probably just 'Are you kidding me, another miracle catch at the end? Fuck it.'

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Not trying to make excuses but our secondary was pretty banged up. We also lost part of our pass rush to a concussion but I think that is a lesser injury as Brady was getting the ball out pretty quickly to avoid the sacks. I think our defense did pretty well all things considered holding them to 28 points. I also give the Pats D a lot of credit causing those 2 3 and out series that got the Pats back in the game.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not trying to make excuses but our secondary was pretty banged up. We also lost part of our pass rush to a concussion but I think that is a lesser injury as Brady was getting the ball out pretty quickly to avoid the sacks. I think our defense did pretty well all things considered holding them to 28 points. I also give the Pats D a lot of credit causing those 2 3 and out series that got the Pats back in the game.
The thought in my mind was after NE scored the TD to make it 24-21, I really felt Seattle needed to score on the next series or prolong the game a little bit. Once they got the ball back I was pretty sure NE was going to score again since the Pats offensive line was giving Brady room to throw plus I'm sure Seattle D was getting tired. It was just a question of how much time Wilson was going to have in the end.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The thought in my mind was after NE scored the TD to make it 24-21, I really felt Seattle needed to score on the next series or prolong the game a little bit. Once they got the ball back I was pretty sure NE was going to score again since the Pats offensive line was giving Brady room to throw plus I'm sure Seattle D was getting tired. It was just a question of how much time Wilson was going to have in the end.
Yeah I thought the same thing at the time. If I didn't have a dog in the race this would have been the greatest super bowl I had ever watched. That was a great game. Just sucks my team didn't win it.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love that Brady made the Seahawks bite on the hard count to finish the game safely too
Had you conceded prior to the INT or did you still hold out hope that Brady was going to be able to do something with the most, 20 seconds?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Had you conceded prior to the INT or did you still hold out hope that Brady was going to be able to do something with the most, 20 seconds?
99% of Pats fans just didn't see a way to stop Lynch from getting a yard I bet. Down 3 with 20 seconds? Doable I guess. Not against Seattle though IMO.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Brady was most likely going to sneak/dive under the line, he'll for all we know, that was going to be a pass play, looks to me like Bennett was semi pushed off balance.

He'll of a game, when Kearse caught that ball I was like o fucking no not again. Then Butler jumped that play and got the interception I screamed.... Sort of of like Brady did.

Why no timeout by pats... Belichick, left it in the hands of the defense, either you guys stop lynch/ Wilson and we win or we lose, gutsy call.

Can't wait for the apology from the NFL after Rappaport found that

10/11 balls weighed a "tick under" 12.5

1 ball weighed 2 psi which conveniently was the ball in the Colts possession after the interception

Whos deflating balls now? That whole fucking thing was a farce and the NFL and media should be ashamed of themselves

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't wait for the apology from the NFL after Rappaport found that

10/11 balls weighed a "tick under" 12.5

1 ball weighed 2 psi which conveniently was the ball in the Colts possession after the interception

Whos deflating balls now? That whole fucking thing was a farce and the NFL and media should be ashamed of themselves
You do realize the entire story was made up to drum up controversy and cause people to go to espn.com and ESPN on TV? Any idiot could see that and would've just ignored the entire thing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Colts are a shutdown Corner away... maybe a #1 WR away. They have a bit to get over in the draft. Colts are very close in the same token.
Patriots are going to be strong for a long time. I mean, they've got Super Bowl champion quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo waiting to take over the team when Brady leaves.

better cast is an understatement. bradys played with a grand total of 3 pro bowl receivers in 14 years

joe had the literal best player, at any position ever, on his team
Someone literally just brought up how Steve Young is overhyped because heonly won one Super Bowlwith that stacked team. I'm not saying Montana wasn't one of the greatest QB's of all time, but not winning with those Niner teams would have been a travesty.