The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The worst play call in history made me forget what I was thinking just prior--Shouldn't Belichick have called a timeout?
He knew the interception was coming. He sold Tom Brady's soul to Satan for it.

If Seattle pays both Lynch and Wilson this year I have to think there's going to have to be some casualties on the defense to pay for it.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Flight home from Zona wicked delayed bros. I would say this was the most rollercoaster game I hadever witnessed had it not been for the Baltimore game, unreal. Can't believe the Hawks decided to throw on 2nd down, and the play Hightower made on 1st down was unfuckingbelievebale. Literally shed a block and made a game saving tackle, biggest play of the year.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
And don't worry Regime, I'm still here, just didn't really find time to post.

As far as Burnem, I offered him a way out of the bet, he declined. Proof below:

rrr_img_89419.png

Much waiting going on now, gonna re-read the thread from start of SB. Unreal.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Apparently Johnny Manziel checked into rehab today. What a great pick for Cleveland.

Also I guess Doug Baldwin's touchdown dance that they cut away from and penalized the Seahawks 15 yards for was him pretending to pull his pants down and poop the ball. You score a TD on TV in front of 50 million people and that's what you want to do?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes those Niner teams were pretty stacked talent wise, but part of the reason they did win so much also was because of the guys under center. Montana and Young were NOT like Trent Dilfer managing a game behind the 2000 Raven defense. I don't care who you had around you 11 TD's and 0 picks in 4 Super Bowl wins is ridiculous...as is throwing for 6 TD's in a Super Bowl.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Apparently Johnny Manziel checked into rehab today. What a great pick for Cleveland.

Also I guess Doug Baldwin's touchdown dance that they cut away from and penalized the Seahawks 15 yards for was him pretending to pull his pants down and poop the ball. You score a TD on TV in front of 50 million people and that's what you want to do?
He was probably thinking something stupid like banding together with Lynch over the nut grabbing fine. It was entirely childish and stupid.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Brady's last drive was very Joe Montana like. That said, comparing guys that played 20 years apart is just silly. Montana was the best of his era, Brady is the best of his, at least in terms of superbowls.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know much about Doug Baldwin, but what evidence he has offered up on himself has to lead one to believe he is fucking retarded. Anytime he has a camera on him, he is bug-eyed screaming into it, or pulling his pants down and taking a shit. I need less Seattle, Doug Baldwin, and Richard Sherman in my life... Thanks Malcolm Butler.

LOL sooo wrong hahahaha

I was in a room with a bunch of Pats fans and it literally went

Someone: aww fuck here comes fucking beast mode we are fu.....
someone else: a pass?
everyone; Holy fuck!!!

After the cheering every Pats fan was laughing behind their hands because not one person thought there was any possibility of stopping Lynch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And don't worry Regime, I'm still here, just didn't really find time to post.

As far as Burnem, I offered him a way out of the bet, he declined. Proof below:

rrr_img_89419.png

Much waiting going on now, gonna re-read the thread from start of SB. Unreal.
Bah it's one thing to say, "I don't want to hand you $365" but to reject a bet dismissal with charity offer with such vitriol? Unconscionable!

Burnem has until Wednesday for his goodbye post.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In some alternate reality Wilson hands off to Lynch, who fumbles and it's recovered by Butler.

Everything stays pretty much the same except the only interviews in the Seattle locker room go "You all know what happened".

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was disappointed that the stadium didn't collapse but having the game end with a spectacularly retarded playcall fail made my night. I haven't laughed so hard in months. Most of the people in the room hadn't even registered that it was a pick and game over and I was already rolling. There isn't a football fan on the planet who isn't baffled by that play.

What annoyed me all night is the Pats made 0 attempts at a big play. Just like every team that winds up losing to Seattle. Teams have proven that they can be burned deep - do the Pats just not have that option? I know Welker 2.0 is a short yardage marvel and Gronk can best be described as "lumbering downfield" and all. Meanwhile Seattle is throwing up jump ball after jump ball and getting away with it. They surprised the shit out of everyone with that giant mook from Foot Locker and that shit was genius. 100 yards later they finally put a bigger guy on him and the fun was over but bringing in Ted Bundy the shoe salesman almost stole the SB for them. That would have been a hell of a story, had they just handed the ball to Lynch to walk another one in.

Of course, I watched my 49ers fuck up the exact same way two years in a row with the world's worst endzone fade pass when they had so many better options and a QB that can only throw in straight lines. Eat it, Sherman.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bah it's one thing to say, "I don't want to hand you $365" but to reject a bet dismissal with charity offer with such vitriol? Unconscionable!

Burnem has until Wednesday for his goodbye post.
Tuco you're such a faggot

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The only thing that baffled me during the game was why Seattle kept leaving that LB, #50, to cover Gronk. He just kept getting burned again and again and again. Everytime Gronkowski caught a pass, I'd say "50 got burned again" and sure enough, they'd show the replay of #50 just letting Gronk sail on past him without much trouble.

How do you let that keep happening, repeatedly, without putting some help over there?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair the matchup problem Gronk presents was basically NE's key to winning the game. If you sell out to stop Gronk every play you're just going to get slashed elsewhere.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What annoyed me all night is the Pats made 0 attempts at a big play. Just like every team that winds up losing to Seattle. Teams have proven that they can be burned deep - do the Pats just not have that option? .
There was one long pass attempt to LaFell in the end zone, defensed by Simon, but that's it yeah. I guess the Patriots just like that rhythm with the short passing style.