The NSA watches you poop.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Seems a lot like the rape shit in the military. There's a big conflict of interest when you go through legitimate channels. The only realistic way to achieve reform is to break the law.

I'm glad Snowden didn't turn out to be the joke the media was trying to portray him as. We've gotten some real dirt on the NSA and shit might change. Of course as powerful as the NSA is becoming, change probably results in a stalemate for civil liberty rather than a step forward.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One problem the paper's unnamed author and others in the agency faced in making their case ?and avoiding suspicion that their goal was merely to play computer games at work without getting fired? was the difficulty of proving terrorists were even thinking about using games to communicate.
Oh come on, don't say you're surprised.

edit: Amusing to think they'd have to put up with gold spam and you just know some of them had to deal with the inevitable "explain to the boss how your WoW account got hacked"

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Keep in mind these are the same people in the intelligence community whose jimmies get rustled if your girlfriend has a roommate who is a foreign national, or if you have any social contact with a foreign national in a social setting. While the scenario presented about casting a fire spell standing in for bombing the white house is pretty much nutter trash, I could easily see in-game chat as a way to gain contact with loose lipped drunken individuals or simply a low tech way to avoid a wiretap

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I've wondered for years whether first world terrorists and/or political dissidents would use settings like this to do meetings. I bet China is way ahead on this.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
"You want me to approve a subpoena to monitor what?!?!"

If its a stretch to get approval to monitor email / Skype traffic I can only imagine how hard it would be to get such a thing past a non-gamer judge or even if there was a way for Blizzard or SOE to process such a subpoena.

iannis

Musty Nester
Antony, if I was on the jury and your defense for murder1 was, "He was a clerk for the NSA" I would hang that jury and find you not guilty.

No sarcasm.

Of course all that would accomplish is we'd get to share a cell once the judge asked who the fuck has the gall to hang this jury.

BESTIES.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Jury nullification. It may technically be illegal to kill NSA agents, but it shouldn't be.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
The joke isn't that they're playing MMOs, it's that they think they will catch terrorists /yelling their nefarious plans. Unless they're just filtering the feed directly from the servers, in which case they don't need to be leveling to 90.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you don't cut this post editing shit out I am going to follow you around and repost your edited shit after every post you make.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Have you seen the pic of the NSA HQ on their wiki page? There's more cars parked there then a major mall in a big city on Black Friday shopping.

Keeping Murica safe.